Tell me why you hate BfA, seriously

General Discussion
1 2 3 10 Next
I unlocked dark iron dwarves, I enjoy it so much that I paid to race change my Draenei shaman into dark iron Dwarf

I'm doing the warfront right now and it's just like mage tower from what I'm understanding

My main character is a 334 unholy death knight

Now here's my issue, why do people hate BfA?

I been here since burning crusade and I have the proof, look at my feats of strength achievements and you'll see a WotLK collector's edition I redeemed in 2008

Or look at my dungeon achievements for vanilla dungeon's when I got it on the pre WotLK Patch

I been playing for 10 years now.

Burning crusade was great at it's time but going back to it today wouldn't solve anything seriously.

I played through WotLK and enjoyed at peak, it was great at the time but not worth going back

I remember Cataclysm being the first flop for WoW, dungeon's were too hard for people and end content was just flat out bad. I still kept on

Pandaria was also something I enjoyed too, people hated it because "Kung Fu Panda". I still kept on

Warlords I don't need an explanation but I still stayed subbed till the very end of WoD.

Legion I enjoyed a lot, I liked my artifact, I liked the content, I was always busy with something, whether it was wq or dungeon's I had something to do. The grinding wasn't a problem at all, I did my part getting my allied races. At the end of legion I missed my artifact because I had it for 2 years, but I moved on

How is grinding rep for allied races any different when grinding rep for netherwing faction for your netherwing mount? How is it different getting your nether Ray mount from that one faction in shattrah? How is it any different grinding your bloodsail pirate title? How is it any different grinding ravenholdt? How is it any different doing the insane title grind?

How is world quests any different when mists of Pandaria had a crap load of dailies to do? How is it any different when doing WotLK dailies in icecrown? How is it any different when doing firelands to unlock certain areas??

How is warfront any different when you had to work together to gain control of wintergrasp for WotLK or tol barad for Cataclysm??

All these features people hate in BFA are very similar or almost identical to previous expansions that people praise that it was better... You done it before, why is it bad now when it's just disguised in another way??

What I'm saying is, I adapted to whatever blizzard does. Did I hate it? Sure I did Because it's something different, but I got used to it.

Why can't the negative people?
You. You're good, You.
I don't. I'm thoroughly enjoying BfA.
i can't say i hate BFA yet (since my focus is arena). What i can say is that the way this content release is being handled makes me really frustrated with the game and blizzard.
Hey Ion, first ofall you shoul fix the game instead of !@#$posting on the forums.

secondly maybe you guys shouldnt ship out and unfinished product with glaring issues like copy pastaing the beta servers to live servers and leaving the development tools turned on.

maybe you guys could do a lil quality assurance to make sure that the release of stuff like this goes smooth and some people arent rewarded with the best loot in the game while everyone else is left holding their dicks.

maybe you could idk, make the classes more compelling and engaging
add azurtite traits that actually change your rottation.
I leveled this characted at the end of legion
and as it stands my rotation has not changed at all since level 100
what gives bro

can you guys actually fix these issues.

ohh and give me a chest with 3 pieves of ilvl 400 gear.

thanks.
Content gating.

Blizzard is now a company that is no longer confident in its content, so they now gate every !@#$ing aspect of the game to keep people from advancing. You can't take two steps in this game without tripping over it in some form or another. Today's patch is a prime example of that. Warfronts are just the latest example of systems designed, not for fun, but to drag content out because Blizzard is incapable of making compelling gameplay.

Here's the god's honest truth. If you make a game fun, people will play it. People will stay subscribed even when eating through content like Pac-Man...because they are having fun. Blizzard obviously doesn't believe this and are more worried about how long you play each session, how long they can keep you subscribed, when they should be focusing on making the game fun.
Maybe because the game is a !@#$ing catastrophe?

This isn't even hyperbole, it's a legitimate disaster:

- Broken exploits that should've been picked up in QA

- 500 ilvl gear in the third week of the expansion LUL

- Abysmal latency and input lag in Oceania

- Broken nodes and treasure chests. I legitimately lose 30% of my herbs/mining nodes/treasure chests after trying to open them - they just dissapear

- World bosses crashing whole servers and giving me no loot but still locking me out

- Asinine reputation grinds

- Illogical Warmode with zero incentive to turn it on (+10% experience when I need to do all three zones anyway to unlock the rest of the story and the dungeon with the best gear?). I'm already on a PvP server, why give me the option to opt in or out?

- Oversaturation of WQs, i mean checking my map and looking at this absolute diarrhea spray of quests turns me off of the whole concept (I don't even bother doing them anymore)

- Absurd attunements (100% storyline completion and order hall campaign to get access to all the dungeons?)

- Snoozefest trash Island Expeditions

- Removal of tier sets

- The WORST raid armour sets i've ever seen in any MMO ever

- Removal of artifact weapons

- Continued pruning to the point where every class feels like it was designed to play on a controller (when I compare my rotations on all my classes to how they were in MoP I weep)

- Introduction of the absolutely abominable and uninspiring Azerite system

- In-game day/night cycles reversed in Australia and New Zealand (technically a 2-year old issue but Blizz still has yet to address it)

Etc. Etc. Etc.
Exactly, the content we hate so much is exactly like all those other xpacs that we have criticized since the beginning. THEY WERE ALL BAD. BfA is bad because its bug after bug and exploit after exploit. too much grinding and too much time-gating. not worth the time or the effort anymore.

At least in vanilla through wrath your grinding felt rewarding and you enjoyed every facet of the content.
I am enjoying the content so far, I do not rush content like half the people on this forum do who are upset. I am 318 after hitting 120 a day ago and doing mythics etc. I am also on an RP server so people are more laid back, it seems a lot of the rage are from people on Normal servers who want to rush content. Slow down and enjoy the game, try to get all of the achievements etc. I have seen more rage against this xpac then others and it just dropped, people need to learn to be patient.
I’m really digging these vague answers that don’t point to any specific flaws in the game.
09/04/2018 10:12 AMPosted by Hydrä
Maybe because the game is a !@#$ing catastrophe?

Not hyperbole, it's a legitimate disaster.

No no, Cataclysm was the disaster expansion. We go to some islands in this one. You've got those mixed up.
In the words of the NPCS in MOP "Slow Down"
BFA is fine gameplay wise. Grinding for rep and gear is nothing new. Bugs in the game is nothing new. People are just complaining because they have to play the game the way it is intended instead of being handed a participation award.
09/04/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Manazzle

This. In fact I'm stressed out because I feel like there is too much content to do and not nearly enough time to do it.
BFA is like Legion, but where they removed all of the fun aspects and replaced them with crap.
I love BFA !! looking forward to whats next!
09/04/2018 10:17 AMPosted by Velaethia
09/04/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Manazzle

This. In fact I'm stressed out because I feel like there is too much content to do and not nearly enough time to do it.

You have over two years to do this content. Relax, boo.
09/04/2018 10:11 AMPosted by Katsuni
Content gating.

Blizzard is now a company that is no longer confident in its content, so they now gate every !@#$ing aspect of the game to keep people from advancing. You can't take two steps in this game without tripping over it in some form or another. Today's patch is a prime example of that. Warfronts are just the latest example of systems designed, not for fun, but to drag content out because Blizzard is incapable of making compelling gameplay.

Here's the god's honest truth. If you make a game fun, people will play it. People will stay subscribed even when eating through content like Pac-Man...because they are having fun. Blizzard obviously doesn't believe this and are more worried about how long you play each session, how long they can keep you subscribed, when they should be focusing on making the game fun.

Gonna have to go with this. I, me, my own opinion,... I don't find WoW's offerings fun anymore. It could be this expansion, it could be my interest in this particular game is at an end after playing since vanilla. I'm sure it's a combination of a ton of factors that there are a thousand threads already about equaling me not having fun anymore.
lol seriously ….seriously , you cant understand why ppl would be upset by the drastic stat squish ? you cant understand why scaling everything is bad for some ? RNG , RNG RNG …..and more RNG , might be annoyed ? blizz basicly ruined bgs pvp , old content and destroying older gear stats , turning lvl 60 , 70 , 80 and so on legendaries into crap pieces of gear no better than greens , you cant understand that upsetting some ppl ? I mean sure old content isn't current , but for those players with twinks , or new players lvling thru that old content its new for them . you seriously cant understand ppl being alittle mad , upset , pissy ? SERIOUSLY ?
I'm really disappointed with the state for Feral Druids. They need to take their time and fix it properly this time around. I also HATE the rep grind. Oh, and no flying sucks.