Keep dying at level 120

General Discussion
I think part of the problem for some folks is the large number of "neutral" critters wandering around that are easily aggro'd.

Especially annoying are the random birds that drop in from overhead.

You have to be really careful with AoEs out there now.
09/04/2018 07:34 PMPosted by Kozzae
From now on though, every upgrade will count.
It really didn't feel that way to me. Once I got to ilvl 320+ my power starting to feel like it improved.
09/05/2018 08:38 AMPosted by Kakita
As many have said, there's a reason you have cool downs and such, and it's not just for Raids and Dungeon bosses.

And in most previous expansions using burst or mitigation cool downs for normal world trash mobs wasn't a thing.

I don't think that popping Touch of Karma on CD, SEF on CD, Touch of Death on CD typically chained together makes irrelevant world content more compelling than simply using a basic DPS rotation and withholding the big "oh snap" buttons for rare/elite mobs.

09/05/2018 08:52 AMPosted by Illamedin
This don't work when swarmed in a populated area.
Whirling Dragon Punch is a pita on the boat quests in Zandalar as it pulls through: walls, floor, ceiling with mobs that simultaneously appear with high melee attack speed clobbering your unmitigated back side while the mob below decks continues to hit me through the floor.
09/05/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Zefirah
I think part of the problem for some folks is the large number of "neutral" critters wandering around that are easily aggro'd.

Nah, the problem is mobs are running with Mythic Antorus Titanforged levels of Haste with melee attack speeds that are considerably faster than players, while also not having to deal with an increased global cool down and more abilities on the global cool down. Add to that mobs that face pull from further away, in pairs or more, that chunk your HP from unmitigated hits to your back before you can even react and whirl to face them.

And then you have lol pet tanking specs where the player never takes a hit just burning stuff down.
i have two 120s so far. my rogue who was 975ilevel before squish when i started BFA and my mage who, i leveled 100% though legion invasions and still had wod gear, side from my artifact which had no relics. the only lego i had was my WoD ring which gave no benifit at 110 lol

i found it interesting that all the quest greens i got was enough to make me feel powerful, i actually felt just as powerful as my rogue.

now, thing is, both ended up tearing mobs apart from 110-to 118. at 118, i started tickling mobs and had to really watch out for how many mobs i pulled. as is with mob scaling now too, combined with azurite gear that is higher ilevel but offers traits that are unavailable, it diminishes the sense of power progression. early level scalling was just insane to make you feel powerful, even now my freshly boosted warrior is tearing apart mobs ezpz with no legos and boos greens. its in need of tweaking.
Weird, I had no problem when I hit 120 as havoc. Must be a player skill issue.
09/05/2018 09:58 AMPosted by Khorbus
Weird, I had no problem when I hit 120 as havoc. Must be a player skill issue.

Interesting how, for some people, when it doesn't apply to you, it HAS to be a problem with the other person. There can be many reasons why you had no problems and I do, so stop assuming.
Yeah the bug is called "scaling". It happens to your ilvl and character level. You get weaker as you level, and you especially get weak at max level till you get mythic armor or heroic to become relevant.
Thanks guys for all the replies (except some toxic people)...

I'll just work on my gear then!
Run demonic and soul rending omegalul
Maybe it’s me or I’m remembering wrong but back when the game was still kind of new it was pretty normal to only be able to handle one or two mobs at a time when solo in general. Now I can take on like 10 mobs without a sweat. So maybe it’s me and not you and the newer players just have different expectations.
09/05/2018 10:32 AMPosted by Khorbus
Maybe it’s me or I’m remembering wrong but back when the game was still kind of new it was pretty normal to only be able to handle one or two mobs at a time when solo in general. Now I can take on like 10 mobs without a sweat. So maybe it’s me and not you and the newer players just have different expectations.

Back when what was new? Wow or bfa?

And yea, if you could only handle 2 mobs but come in here saying there was no issue for you, you must have not understood the thread.
At lvl 120, was it 2 mobs ir risk death for you?
Save yourself some trouble/repair bill and find a friend to group with! That's how I've been surviving and having fun.
09/05/2018 10:38 AMPosted by Illamedin

Back when what was new? Wow or bfa?

And yea, if you could only handle 2 mobs but come in here saying there was no issue for you, you must have not understood the thread.
At lvl 120, was it 2 mobs ir risk death for you?

When WoW was new, maybe the first couple of expansions I don’t remember being able to take on groups of Mobs alone like a one man army like you can now in recent expansions (even with good gear back then). Just saying this because I’m trying to explain that my point of view may be skewed. I am not being toxic. My original point being is that when I hit 120, I didn’t have a problem handling two or three mobs. But to me, being able to handle two or three mobs is good enough for me since I shouldn’t be able to be a one man army especially at the beginning of an expansion. If your feelings get hurt from this then you have bigger problems. To summarize, it’s working as intended imo.
When WoW was new, maybe the first couple of expansions I don’t remember being able to take on groups of Mobs alone like a one man army like you can now (even with good gear back then). Just saying this because I’m saying my point of view may be skewed. I am not being toxic.

Well you are correct. As a new player I compared the experience at lvl 100 and lvl 110 to 120 and that is why it felt off.
Not to old wow from 2004.
Demon Hunter have it much better than most. My Shaman is 335 and still can't fight as many mobs as my DH at 296. Switching from one to the other is like going from Hard to Easy difficulty.
People are complaining they can't pull a large number of mobs and easily defeat them.
Ion explained this dynamic well in the last Q&A. The monsters scaling with as you level allows all the zones to remain relevant for a longer period of time, but the trade off are these awkward swings in difficulty during the process. They could revert to the pre-Legion system, but then we'd only have two relevant zones at max level until 8.2. I think having more relevant areas to adventure in at max level is worth the awkwardness given that we spend a lot more time at max level than we doing leveling nowadays.
Welcome to the world of ilvl scaling. Now when you get better gear everything around you gets stronger.

I play since day 1 (back in 2004), I've raided with top guilds of my server, so stop with this "new player" thing. The game evolved, so did my expectations. Level scaling existed back in Legion and when I hit 110, I never had that kind of problem. Also, you can blame the player skills all you want, it's not as if I'm the only one talking about it.