Primal Primer Azerite Power

Bug Report
Just finished the Golanar world quest in Vol'Dun and noticed something strange about the Primal Primer stacks, for those unfamiliar with it, it grants the following.

Passive
Melee attacks with Flametongue active increase the damage the target takes from your next Lava Lash by 191, stacking up to 10 times.

So as I'm building stacks, I notice they keep disappearing before I hit 10 stacks, and it isn't me using them. There was another enhancement shaman in the raid group I joined for this world quest. So the only conclusion I can draw is that she was consuming the stacks unwittingly.

If someone could address this and let me know if this is how it is supposed to function or if this is truly a bug, because if that is the intended function, I don't think it is right that I'm taking an azerite power that I can't benefit from in a raid group if there is another enhance shaman, because that drops my dps as I don't get to consume my own stacks lol.

Also, it doesn't appear that it is a requirement that both parties have Primal Primer as an Azerite Power, because I inspected their gear and no where to be found.
I have definitely had this happen to me. I hope its just a bug or maybe something Blizzard haven't noticed yet. Seriously very frustrating though as my whole build is based around primal primer... I have been trying to avoid any groups with other Enhancement Shamans because of this as it ruins my big hits and overall DPS while boosting the other shaman's at my expense...