Utterly unpleasable

General Discussion
09/04/2018 05:00 PMPosted by Ralanthel
09/04/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Jatish
They could always prevent the whining in the first place by not having the bug.

Because a game code that is constantly being changed / added to / streamlined is going to execute perfectly without bugs 100% of the time.

Reminds me of when angry users scream "well it should just work!" to their PC tech after they download 30 toolbars to their browser and wonder why it runs like !@#$.

Generally when game developers update a feature, priority #1 is to, you know, test it.

People literally just logged on and it was there. This wasn't any kind of arbitrary exploit you needed to go out of your way to execute that people would miss in testing. This literally just existed. And nobody caught it in the four weeks they've had to prep for Mythic+ opening.
09/04/2018 02:43 PMPosted by Allaura
I'm here to officially complain about the people not complaining enough about the complainers complaining.

Um...I agree?....I think?...
09/04/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Jatish
Generally when game developers update a feature, priority #1 is to, you know, test it.

Really? What MMO were YOU a game developer on? For how many years?

This comment looks suspiciously like BS. It seems like the kind of thing people say.
09/04/2018 03:01 PMPosted by Ythisens
I'm here to officially complain about the people not complaining enough about the complainers complaining.

Am I allowed to complain about the complainers complaining about the people not complaining enough about the complainers complaining?

...wait, wat?

. . . . . I need a drink.

Semper Fi!
09/04/2018 02:40 PMPosted by Manazzle
Before the mythic+ bug was fixed:

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH UNFAIR ADVANTAGE!"

Blizzard fixes the bug and removes the obtained items:

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH MY SHINY!"

I can't be the only one who expected a Blue reply of "that's unpossible!"
09/04/2018 06:37 PMPosted by Tchalla
09/04/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Jatish

Really? What MMO were YOU a game developer on? For how many years?

This comment looks suspiciously like BS. It seems like the kind of thing people say.

How deluded are you to think you need to be a 10+ year veteran of the industry to know generally you don't greenlight something unless it's tested thoroughly?

What a completely pointless complaint. Am i supposed to be thankful if I go out to watch a movie and it's just two hours of a man on the toilet? After all, I never directed a Hollywood film.

Am I allowed to complain about the complainers complaining about the people not complaining enough about the complainers complaining?

...wait, wat?

LOL But if we didnt complain how would you all know we like you guys?

...wait, wat?
This is the !@#$ you reply to? really?
Consumers complain when they pay for something that turns out to be below their expectations or the expectations set by the company and their marketing/pr teams.

If the complaints aren't addressed eventually people will go elsewhere.

This is how a free market works and these customers of Blizzard have every right to voice their opinion/complaints and they SHOULD so that Blizzard can improve their product.

The problem isn't the complainers, its the lack of proper channels/filtering/moderation for feedback along with TERRIBLE communication from the developers which just raises the ire of the consumers even more. Responding to silly jokes instead of serious questions is the last thing the devs should be doing right now. We pay for a service and we should expect a service in return.

Both sides can do better for sure, but dissuading people from providing feedback (or "complaining" as you put it) is not going to fix anything or make the game any better in the long run.
09/04/2018 07:17 PMPosted by Kaenis

...wait, wat?
This is the !@#$ you reply to? really?

How dare he have a sense of humor?? UGGGH!!! The horror of it!!!

...wait, wat?

no your not, go fix the damn game.
09/04/2018 07:23 PMPosted by Peonpaul
Consumers complain when they pay for something that turns out to be below their expectations or the expectations set by the company and their marketing/pr teams.

But when the expectation is instant perfection, the complaints become ridiculous. If anyone thinks that Blizzard "just let" a bug slip through in a piece of new content, they are ignorant. This stuff gets tested in house, on the PTR, and then goes live. Sometimes when it goes live, new bugs pop up.

I've installed stuff on my computer that works flawlessly right away. Then I go to install it on my laptop and it errors out 3 times. !@#$ happens with technology.

No amount of testing will catch every bug / glitch. No team on earth could produce a perfect product. Blizzard has one of the best teams out there and one of the most entitled consumer bases.