Why Are Warfronts Time Gated?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
09/05/2018 12:12 AMPosted by Smokehammer
Its a recycle of the AQ opening mechanics for one side at a time, bouncing back and forth. *yawn*

But that was in vanilla, and VANILLA IS THE BEST!

SO SHUT UP AND LIKE IT. VANILLA IS THE BEST!!!!!!

(/sarcasm)
It's just a World Quest to the left and a Mythic + to the right
LET's DO THE TIME GATE AGAIN
09/05/2018 12:02 AMPosted by Goldbrand
Wasn't Wintergrasp or Baradin Hold also time-gated? And those were from WotLK and Catacylsm.

I don't think anything was timegated in Wrath. All the raid bosses were killed about 3 days after the expansion launch as I recall.
Ion hungary. Ion need /time played. Feed Ion.
09/05/2018 01:42 AMPosted by Weidmann
It's just a World Quest to the left and a Mythic + to the right
LET's DO THE TIME GATE AGAIN

Love it!
I just can't get over how anticlimactic it was. "Warfront" is the name but you go there and you see the same stuff that the zone has always had for the most part, no fighting for control or anything. It looks nice, until you notice that it's recycled garrison assets all the way down to the mine.

The quests there are lame, and after doing the round of "rares" there's literally nothing there. Is this actually a catch up mechanic for alts, three weeks into the expansion?
09/05/2018 01:43 AMPosted by Zibaa
Wasn't Wintergrasp or Baradin Hold also time-gated? And those were from WotLK and Catacylsm.

I don't think anything was timegated in Wrath. All the raid bosses were killed about 3 days after the expansion launch as I recall.
I’m pretty sure they released ICC wing by wing. You could not kill the lich king until a month or so after

ICC was time gated.

So was Sunwell during TBC.
09/04/2018 10:33 PMPosted by Enosh
A bit OT, but I couldn't find the info anywhere else- as Horde, do we have to wait until the siege before we can get back to Arathi after the intro quest? I mean, it must be instanced, we can't just fly back, right? I missed some of the rares the first time around thinking I could go back in tonight.

Just go to Arathi. It'll be level 120 when you get there with all the rares to kill.
Pardon my ignorance, but how are these "contributions" made? To speed up the bar I mean
09/04/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Gorgnak
09/04/2018 03:49 PMPosted by Toolatenow
Seriously?

I'm asking in an all honest question. The 1 seemingly different thing we get this expansion - finally - and it's instantly time gated for everyone. We have to wait until Horde get it to take over, they have to wait until Resources are full to even begin enjoying it. Rinse and repeat for the Alliance when they get it.

Wait here, wait there... hurry up and wait. It's beyond out of hand now. I don't pay for the damn game and a monthly fee to be gated on everything I do because you want to Penny Pinch.

The term "Time Gate" gets thrown around here so much I dont think any one actually knows what an actual time gate is anymore. Just like Pay to win...

War fronts are not gated. Did you seriously not read or see any info on what warfronts are before today, get online and see the bar and jump straight to the forms spout dumb forum rhetoric?

Warfronts are a round robin style mechanic that flip flops between the two factions. someone always owns the warfront and it flip to other faction when it is time. IT is not a gate just someone had to start first which means the other faction gets the contributions and rep side first.

seriously learn about the mechanics of systems FIRST before opening your mouth.

If it looks like a pig, and smells like a pig....well, you know where I'm going with this.

Blizzard was purposefully cryptic and not forthcoming as to what Warfronts were. Unless you were actually a part of the beta it was not clear to the average person what was going on with them.

Waiting for a progress bar to fill up takes TIME. If we're sitting around NOT experiencing content while waiting for a GATE to open, then we're sitting behind a TIME GATE.

I don't care what you call it, or how YOU define a "time gate", to us ACTUAL normal people who don't defend Blizzard at every turn, if there is content that has a TIME based barrier to entry, it's a freaking TIME GATE.
so few servers wouldnt dominate i kind of agree with the time gate.on an ally dominated server allys would own war fronts most of the time and vise versa for the horde dominated servers.

since there is 370 gear in there i agree with the time gate.
Blizz is pushing its customer base too far with all this. All I’m seeing on other sites is complaints like this OP. It’s not good business. They obviously don’t care and are willing to let the subs bleed out. I honestly don’t know why.
09/05/2018 04:45 AMPosted by Denona

ICC was time gated.

So was Sunwell during TBC.

I personally do not mind Raid Wings being gated. Most guilds don't get out of wing 1 in a week anyways.

But Warfronts? Sellings points of BFA that you cant' even play unless you have it?
Yeah, this is all a time metric for Ion. He's a lawyer, not a game designer.
So its been 3 days and the queue is only at 38%... to me thats just absurd.
I was excited for the Warfronts as I was getting bored of the game already.

The Warfront was pretty exciting for 2 hours now I am back to being bored.
09/05/2018 02:58 PMPosted by Toolatenow

I personally do not mind Raid Wings being gated. Most guilds don't get out of wing 1 in a week anyways.

I think the current g-d meta is if you don't clear a raid in a pug on day 1, it's massively overtuned and needs significant nerfs.
09/04/2018 03:55 PMPosted by Isilynor
If you put more things in it goes faster

You can't "put in more things".

The daily quests aren't actually dailies. And since they're not really dailies and items required don't rotate, the prices for items is well-beyond what most people can afford.
I have never seen so many people whine and complain about EVERYTHING like I have in BfA. The Devs have explained how and why things are how they are. Stop playing if you don't like how they run things.
09/04/2018 03:59 PMPosted by Malenrhen
Gotta keep those time-played metric spreadsheets nice and full so the lead devs have something to fap off to at night and keep the shareholders oblivious to how fast the game is tanking.

says game is tanking but has made no raid progress or keystone progress legit useless casual player opinions as usual.