Anchor Weed - Where are people finding this?

General Discussion
09/05/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Annastasi
09/05/2018 05:07 PMPosted by Odraza
It seems a bit sketchy when I see people in trade chat selling 5k+ Anchor Weed. I did an hour route before work this morning and another after. Didn't pick a single node of Anchor Weed.

I'm fairly confident in saying - and obviously I can't prove it - that anyone with 5k anchorweed is botting.

Or at least multiboxing. With the gathering changes multiboxing is a pretty good way to make money.
I know my herby-cat got off a FP and there was a node in front of her face one time. Could be in Vol'dun. Got like 3. Maybe got 1 or two in Drustvar (she's not 120 so tough to farm there).

I had 10 in my bank and made me a flask, so must've gotten some while scraping. Not sure. Went to buy some on AH and went...nope. Using Legion flasks til this settles down.
09/06/2018 04:30 PMPosted by Elüria
I have 9 anchor weed after 3 hours of non-stop farming.
I would love to see a blue post on the thinking behind this. Considering after 3 hours of herb farming I can't even make ONE flask for raid, let alone enough for the night, or for more than myself. And hell if I am going to pay the 500g+ asking price on the AH, that's 5,000g for just the anchor weed for the flask. No thanks.

I would love for this to be fixed. I highly doubt it was intended to be this rare.

I'm so so peeved at this. I'm hating herb farming so much this expansion and I used to actually enjoy it. I go on a short circuit FULL of winter's kiss, and after 1-2 hours, I've managed about 3 anchor weed nodes, and 2-3 nodes despawned right when I got to it when it had been there hardly even a minute. This is absurd. I try to keep my circuit small in case there's too many people and I miss the spawn, but even seeing barely a handful of people running in that area, I still miss spawns. Who wants to spend hours farming just to make 1-2 flasks for yourself? I used to enjoy spending a few hours farming just to stock up for the next couple of weeks of raiding. So you know, I can actually spend the rest of my time enjoying other content in the game.
I think also there's people that follow the main circuits for herbing and just pick the anchor weed that spawns and don't stop for anything else, so by the time you get back around to the anchor weed you've spawned its gone.
There needs to be a craftable item that level 120 herbalists can make that is an anchor. You make it, go find some nice wet, salty water to drop it in and wait 2-3 days for a stack of 20 anchorweed to grow on it and then you can harvest it. Maximum of 1 anchor out at any given time per character.
I have made many many hours of herbing circuits using path of frost and a sky golem and in the last week have found

ZERO

anchor weed.

This is so pitiful that it is laughable.

Then I see thousands for sale on the AH.

Someone somewhere knows something, but what it is, I haven't a clue
I wish you would get anchor weed when picking other flowers like you did with golden lotus. it seemed to work much better and blizzard can still control how many are out in the world I would guess.
I hope anchor weed mutates to be able to replace vertical herb nodes occasionally as well.
*Runs around multiboxing herbalist and picks anchorweed 5 times everytime he finds it* What are you guys talking about, anchor weed is fine.

^Pretty much everyone who claims anchor weed is fine.

11/11/2018 01:31 PMPosted by Zkinwalker
I wish you would get anchor weed when picking other flowers like you did with golden lotus.

I didn't mind that system. It was rng but when farming you were bound to get some eventually. It was also a nice little "woohoo maor lotus!" moment when you saw it.
Just like your favorite fishing spot ,they'll never tell you where they find them.Suggestion herb in a circle you'll get better results.
09/05/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Theramir
09/05/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Annastasi

I'm fairly confident in saying - and obviously I can't prove it - that anyone with 5k anchorweed is botting.

More likely they bought a tonne when the price was lower to resell during peak demand. Do people not do economics anymore?
Anchor weed price has tanked since release.
Personally I think it's done kind of bot hack. Like they can fly to the nodes or teleport or fly underground and they just run around grabbing all of it. I used to occasionally finds anchor weed while herbing, but now I never do. But the price of anchor weed has plummeted.

I guess it sucks bitters are raking in the cash, but at least it's cheap.
Find a loop that has lots of herbs you need for pots/flasks.
Repeat that loop every 15 to 20 min.

I get about 10 to 20 anchor weed an hour when framing on my druid
11/11/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Eatmorbabiez
Personally I think it's done kind of bot hack. Like they can fly to the nodes or teleport or fly underground and they just run around grabbing all of it. I used to occasionally finds anchor weed while herbing, but now I never do. But the price of anchor weed has plummeted.

I guess it sucks bitters are raking in the cash, but at least it's cheap.

It's a rare spawn off ground herbs. Pick the trash herb and you will see plenty of it spawning.

Also if people were using a terrain hack the herbs that spawn in boulders wouldn't sit there until the resets.
Along the shores of rivers...
09/03/2018 05:33 PMPosted by Morbidia
I play an average of 8+ hrs per day, visiting every zone on both continents for BFA. I go DAYS at a time without finding any anchor weed.
Anchor Weed spawning is not based on how many hours per day you are logged in. The weed is not a reward for time played. 8 hours logged in is meaningless.

How many hours per day do you farm herbs? How many total herbs do you pick each day? Do you have Rank 2 and Rank 3 of anchor weed yet? Do you have Rank 3 of all the other herbs yet?

I average 1 anchor weed node for every 45-50 Herb nodes. Are you doing worse? On a typical 800-herb gathering run, I can get as few as 5 AW, or as many as 45.

If you aren't picking at least 800 herbs each run, don't complain. You aren't gathering. Of course you don't get any Anchor Weed.
11/11/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Eatmorbabiez
Personally I think it's done kind of bot hack. Like they can fly to the nodes or teleport or fly underground

People imagine that "bots" can do all sorts of things in-game that players can't.

I don't believe it. I also don't believe in magic. The game is not magic.

The game thinks that a "bot" is a player. The only actions a "bot" can do are things a player can do. The only game interface a "bot" has, a player has too.

So if bots can fly or teleport or fly underground, so can players. How? How can a bot tell the game "I was there, now I am here"? The game has no interface for that.
i told my self i would sell my anchor weed when i get a full stack

i still havent been to the auction house
There's about 3.5 percent drop rate out of hundred from what i've seen.12-20 out of 800 roughly.So that's alot of herbling to do.
Yesterday I farmed 102 AW in 2.5 hours farming in North Tira.. total herbs picked about 1.5k herbs