Warfront Rares drop 340 gear?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
LUL What are they smoking over at Blizzard HQ? It's a dang shame I'm stuck at work and won't be able to take advantage of this before they hotfix it.
My fresh 120 ret got 3x 340s and a 370 from the world boss, been 120 for like 15 mins lol. Nice alt friendly catchup
i just spent probably over an hour flying in circles to kill these rares and got already outdated bracers, a dumb mount, and a dumb pet
i don't really see this being an issue as far as trivializing what people have already done for gear
I got a 340 shield, a 340 2hander, 370 shoulders... Really feels like Christmas today.
Got a item level 340 and 345 piece of armor from the rares and a toy.
... I got a rock.

By rock I mean none of the world bosses dropped a darn thing for me, nor have any rares.
09/04/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Secede
Wait - why are people getting mythic level gear from this content?

Because 340 is World Quest level of gear...
09/04/2018 10:58 AMPosted by Thalenius
So warfronts are a great way of gearing up alts?

Nope only works on one character
09/04/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Gariwen
09/04/2018 10:58 AMPosted by Thalenius
So warfronts are a great way of gearing up alts?

Elaborate please. One character can do the quests? One character can kill rares for loot?
09/04/2018 12:58 PMPosted by Skeeks
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Elaborate please. One character can do the quests? One character can kill rares for loot?

only one character can do the quests - all characters can kill rares and world boss
I've gotten greens.. However I did get a quest reward to pop purple..

/sacrifices chicken to the dice gods
Got 340 weapon helm belt and 370 shoulders on my alt feelsgoodman.
Guys quit posting about it. I have to work a few more hours. shut your mouths before they hot fix it. shut it.
Yes confirmed 340 two hand sword
I'm pretty disappointed in war-fronts. I looked forward to them too.

so for those who like to say TL:DR - here is the gist of it.

So my questions are:

1. can the quests only be done ONCE per account?

2. Are all the drops going to be another one of those RNG nightmares...cause you can only kill the rares once, so after that, you are just out of luck on any decent drops?

My experience:

farmed most of the silvers, finally giving up and just finished my last couple quests and left dodge.

I got one toy (wth do i do with toys beyond learning them to go into a tab I never bother to open).

I got puny azerorite power, i mean 20-22 per rare.

That's all folks. a couple gold which did not even amount to paying my repair bill and I only died once.

My cache at the end did manage to titanforge, so that's a plus, ended up with a 355 waist.

An even bigger concern though is with my bf, he went in before i logged on with his rogue, and when I logged in we went in together, with him on his dk.

He could not get quests, just kill rares and help me with my kills. he did get several pieces of gear (3 i think) on the rogue, and all he got on the dk was two pets.
09/04/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Secede
Wait - why are people getting mythic level gear from this content? The raid tier isn't completed yet, why are people getting catchup gear?

Yeah that's how Titan forging works.

My warrior alt got the trinket at 380 with a socket and this toon just got AP.

This toon got 4 340s total from the rares alone though.
09/04/2018 11:25 AMPosted by Meurqi
09/04/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Warmongr
How do I get to Arathi as Horde? I did the initial questline this morning that took me there and then took me back. Now the portal guy says "it's too dangerous to go". Am I unable to get back until Horde completes this silly resources crap?

You missed out on the bonanza if you zoned back. I did the same thing. :(

Hearth to Dalaran, take the portal to Undercity and fly to Arathi Highlands
09/04/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Lysse
Definitely. I've gotten my boots, pants for boomkin, and a belt so far from just killing the rares.

Doom's Howl, the current world boss up atm, is capable of dropping 370-390 gear.

only the alliance get a boss this week from the looks of it
I did the introductory quest, zoned out, and now I have to wait to get that gear. JOY JOY JOY.
09/04/2018 12:51 PMPosted by Kairixian
... I got a rock.

By rock I mean none of the world bosses dropped a darn thing for me, nor have any rares.

I also got a rock, and by a rock, I mean I actually got a magic happy fun rock toy from a rare.