Lucid Nightmare - blue orb not appearing

Customer Support
Good evening, folks!

As stated in the title, I have been working on acquiring the lucid nightmare mount. I started at about 1200 EST today, and after a near episode of crying, the hubby took over. He's currently STILL working (as of 2200 EST) and neither of us have been able to find the blue orb needed to complete the puzzle. Has anyone else had this issue? Is this an intended thing? We're both at wit's end here.

(I will also be submitting a bug report)

Thanks in advance!
Well nothign can be done here and your husband shouldnt under any circumstances be playing your toon at all ITS very much against the rules and could result in actions against both accounts.

Now have you tried just restarting the scenario all together and starting from scratch i know how frustrating it is trust me i did it and got the mount took me a couple of days.
09/01/2018 08:37 PMPosted by Darthwraith
Well nothign can be done here and your husband shouldnt under any circumstances be playing your toon at all ITS very much against the rules and could result in actions against both accounts.

Now have you tried just restarting the scenario all together and starting from scratch i know how frustrating it is trust me i did it and got the mount took me a couple of days.
Actually don’t think it’s against the rules for this scenario, she’s just 100% reliable for her account, so if he runs off swearing or exploiting she’ll get banned.

It be kind of weird if blizzard even knew if someone else was on her account on her computer.

It’s been a minute since I done it, that maze took me about 2 hours and 30 mins maybe even 3, there’s a add on that actually helps you get through the maze if your interested:). I haven’t seen reports of it being bugged, maybe try to search a little while longer I’m sure you can do it!

Edit: They also share the same last name too I’m assuming so technically I guess they both of the right to it correct? For example If one wanted to merge the other together?
09/01/2018 09:35 PMPosted by Abragru

Actually don’t think it’s against the rules for this scenario, she’s just 100% reliable for her account, so if he runs off swearing or exploiting she’ll get banned.

It be kind of weird if blizzard even knew if someone else was on her account on her computer.

It’s been a minute since I done it, that maze took me about 2 hours and 30 mins maybe even 3, there’s a add on that actually helps you get through the maze if your interested:). I haven’t seen reports of it being bugged, maybe try to search a little while longer I’m sure you can do it!

Edit: They also share the same last name too I’m assuming so technically I guess they both of the right to it correct? For example If one wanted to merge the other together?

It's 100% against the rules. No one is allowed to share an account. The only exception is one minor that you are the gaurdian of. No having the same last name doesn't mean that they both are allowed to access the account.
09/01/2018 09:35 PMPosted by Abragru

You would be wrong. It's 100% against the rules. Only a Minor can share a Guardians account, no one else.
You can do the Maze easily with a Pen and Paper. Draw out an 8 x 8 Grid, Mark the room in the Center as the place you start in, and draw in Solid Walls where Rubble lays, little marks for Doorways. Each room you move to do the same thing, and Mark O for Orb, P for Pedistal, and Letter for the color so R, G, V, Y, and B.

Took me 20 mins doing that to complete it. The maze seems daunting but it really isn't.
Wait, so when I had a friend who was a Plants vs Zombies expert take my seat and keyboard to complete the quest for me so I could get the Singing Sunflower that I tried off and on for several years to get, that's against the rules?

I could see giving somebody a password to log in when somebody isn't there and play characters without paying being a bad thing. But for it to be against the rules to hand the controls over to somebody just for a little help on something that's impossible for them strikes me as completely ludicrous.
Yes, it is.

NO ONE but yourself, and a minor can be on your account, period. Whether you're present or not.
Going back to the original question, the beginning of the maze seems easy because you have all of these orbs and circles that you can use as landmarks. As you fill out the maze and start delivering orbs to circles, those landmarks disappear and it's harder to keep your place if you haven't drawn a map or something.

When I got to that point in the maze, I spent quite a while stumbling around aimlessly until I found that one last piece! I know it's frustrating, but it's working. No need to bring your husband in on it, though I know it takes quite a while. If that doesn't help, you'd be best off restarting the maze like Darthwraith suggested.
Is Account Sharing Allowed?: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/13961

Unauthorized Account Access Policy: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/30182
09/02/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Thobelnei
Wait, so when I had a friend who was a Plants vs Zombies expert take my seat and keyboard to complete the quest for me so I could get the Singing Sunflower that I tried off and on for several years to get, that's against the rules?

I could see giving somebody a password to log in when somebody isn't there and play characters without paying being a bad thing. But for it to be against the rules to hand the controls over to somebody just for a little help on something that's impossible for them strikes me as completely ludicrous.
My same thought process as well, but okay I guess.I mean lets be real blizzard would never ever know unless you go tell people your doing it.
09/02/2018 04:37 PMPosted by Abragru
09/02/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Thobelnei

My same thought process as well, but okay I guess.I mean lets be real blizzard would never ever know unless you go tell people your doing it.

You're absolutely right that Blizzard would not know. That doesn't change that it is against the rules. The police never knew about the smoking I did as a rebellious kid, but it was still illegal and IF I got caught I would have been punished as such.

Same thing with this. It probably will go unnoticed, but IF they get caught they can be punished.

There's been plenty of cases where someone let someone else on their account just to do something real quick and when they looked away the other person had mailed off gold/items to their own toons. The first person then sought help from Blizzard and were denied due to the fact that it couldn't be proven someone else did it. It can seem harmless until it's not.
09/03/2018 02:39 AMPosted by Talbuk
09/02/2018 04:37 PMPosted by Abragru
... My same thought process as well, but okay I guess.I mean lets be real blizzard would never ever know unless you go tell people your doing it.

You're absolutely right that Blizzard would not know. That doesn't change that it is against the rules. The police never knew about the smoking I did as a rebellious kid, but it was still illegal and IF I got caught I would have been punished as such.

Same thing with this. It probably will go unnoticed, but IF they get caught they can be punished.

There's been plenty of cases where someone let someone else on their account just to do something real quick and when they looked away the other person had mailed off gold/items to their own toons. The first person then sought help from Blizzard and were denied due to the fact that it couldn't be proven someone else did it. It can seem harmless until it's not.
Yea, your account your responsibility. I get it as a rule to be like "HEY! If your friend gets on and don goof ya stuff your reliable" And that rule is in place probably just as a heads up and doesn't really have a consequences only if your friend brother or spouse decides to screw around. Thats probably the punishment itself, if I go on and get my friends account silenced thats his fault for not signing out or letting me even on his computer.
09/03/2018 02:49 AMPosted by Abragru
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Yea, your account your responsibility. I get it as a rule to be like "HEY! If your friend gets on and don goof ya stuff your reliable" And that rule is in place probably just as a heads up and doesn't really have a consequences only if your friend brother or spouse decides to screw around. Thats probably the punishment itself, if I go on and get my friends account silenced thats his fault for not signing out or letting me even on his computer.

There's tons of reasons it's against the rules. The first as I said is to avoid disputes about who committed what actions on an account. The owner is responsible for everything.

Another major reason it's against the rules is to prevent people from gaining things they did not earn. This is to prevent things like power leveling service, playing someone's account to get gladiator ranks, running achievements, etc. To a much lesser extent the person in this thread was attempting to have someone gain something for their account.

The proper way to help someone achieve anything in WOW is to give them advice so they can achieve it themselves. From training them in PVP to teaching them fights in raids. In this instance you could even sit next to them and help them map the instance and provide insight on where to go. As long as they remain in control of the character it would be within the rules.

Any way, to return to the actual question:

Get some paper and map it out. You'll find ways you have not gone that is where you'll find the orb.

If you've already done the other orbs it can be pretty challenging to map it out as they act as excellent land marks to map your maze. Without them it can be pretty confusing with all the teleports. Honestly it might be worth restarting the scenario if you've already got all the other orbs. It will make it easier to map and maybe give you orbs that are easier to find than this blue one has turned out to be.

If you make a good map the scenario is still probably going to take at least an hour and up to three. The first time I did it took me 3 hours. The second time I did it took me 1 hour. When I helped my friend it took about 1.5 hours for them to get through it. So while mapping helps greatly it still get be a lengthy process.

As others have said you can still feel free to submit a bug report, but that's not going to fix your problem right now. If you absolutely can't find the orb then restarting might solve your problem.
Honestly I think the concept of having your wife or husband play your account while your there is okay, from what I know as long as you have the same last names can merge accounts together. However im guessing the rule is just there so people can't be like "YO I WAS BANNED FOR EXPLOITING! IT WAS MY FISH BLIZZ I SWEAR! D; I was away on a business trip and he jumped out of his bowl and installed all da bots!"

Thats probably the only reason why its their in the first place. I just think for human instinct if my wife was getting upset at the computer or whatever she was doing id help anyway I can because that is the right thing to do.

BUT! in the end thanks for the food for thought, don't really wanna derail the thread anymore then I have especially since this is the CS forums and not GD, my apologize! Keep it real guys \m/

P.S. ain't being ignorant my opinion on the matter has changed since I was corrected about it and I see why its there as a reminder that YOU ARE soul responsible for your account.
09/03/2018 03:14 AMPosted by Abragru
Honestly I think the concept of having your wife or husband play your account while your there is okay, from what I know as long as you have the same last names can merge accounts together. However im guessing the rule is just there so people can't be like "YO I WAS BANNED FOR EXPLOITING! IT WAS MY FISH BLIZZ I SWEAR! D; I was away on a business trip and he jumped out of his bowl and installed all da bots!"

Thats probably the only reason why its their in the first place. I just think for human instinct if my wife was getting upset at the computer or whatever she was doing id help anyway I can because that is the right thing to do.

BUT! in the end thanks for the food for thought, don't really wanna derail the thread anymore then I have especially since this is the CS forums and not GD, my apologize! Keep it real guys \m/

P.S. ain't being ignorant my opinion on the matter has changed since I was corrected about it and I see why its there as a reminder that YOU ARE soul responsible for your account.

You're dropping food on the floor when you should be setting up mouse traps.

You can't be punished for events that you never reveal to be true. If you, for some reason feel the need to share your account with someone in the same household as you, then keep it to yourself. If you post about it on the forums and receive an account action for it, then you only have yourself to blame.
09/03/2018 03:18 AMPosted by Geranguas

You're dropping food on the floor when you should be setting up mouse traps.

You can't be punished for events that you never reveal to be true. If you, for some reason feel the need to share your account with someone in the same household as you, then keep it to yourself. If you post about it on the forums and receive an account action for it, then you only have yourself to blame.
Good thing I don't have a wife or even anyone that plays wow irl :(. Anyway goodnight all thanks for the discussion and sorry OP for stealing the thread a bit lol.
Honestly I think the concept of having your wife or husband play your account while your there is okay,
You continue to be wrong about that. I'm not going to waste my time arguing, because you're going to believe whatever you want regardless of what anyone here tells you.

from what I know as long as you have the same last names can merge accounts together.
Wrong again. The name has to match. First and last. And they are as likely as not to require you to provide a copy of government-issued ID to prove you're the person whose name appears on those accounts.