I too, unsubscribed.

General Discussion
TLDR; I want WoW to succeed, I want it to get better, but I'm noticing that not only have all my buddies unsubscribed (some of which are also childhood fans such as me), a staggering amount of subs are bleeding off. This shows in some of the ways staff handles Forum posts and deletion thereof.

:::::

I am a die hard WoW fan, as well as of the Warcraft universe.

I have constantly supported the franchise across over 6 Accounts I have owned since vanilla.

All of my friends have unsubscribed, I know I'll be flamed but I genuinely want the game to get better - I do not believe it will due to this aggressive de-facto stance the staff seems to take with the player base.

:::

- Time Gating - Really ruins the fun, I don't mind the grinding, I'd take an increased grind over time gating. Zandalari should never have been time gated. If the excuse is that we had to earn their trust, why not get creative and leave them Time Gated from the Horde as a Neutral faction, unable to queue for PVP or groups (just a random thought not saying it's necessarily the best)

- Allied Races - A magnificent idea. Poorly executed. NB Males look massively awkward. Void Elves are great but their story seems a bit rushed and hamfisted slightly, but then again so do Blood Elves so this is not new. Again, Time Gating makes them more frustrating.

- Repetition - World Quests are great, but having them be the sole source of the grind is a bit boring, I would've liked to see a lot more options for farming Reputation.

- iLvL Scaling - A magnificent idea, again poorly executed. The power shift between Legion and BFA was way too steep, not necessarily the biggest problem but a big one IMO. Leaves returning players feeling really bored and they tend to just give up about 3-7 days in from what I've seen. The Zones are starting to be barren.

- Staff on Forums, in Game - This is mind boggling, the staff takes really aggressive and abusive stances with the public. Customers who literally fund their salaries should never be treated with disrespect or threats, or spoken down to. A cursory search of the forums from any Admin that cares about how customer service is going would show what I'm describing. I'd love to see an NPS Score for Blizzard, it cannot be higher than 0. I've actually had a "Special Game Master" talk down to me in a threatening manner, when I indicated that I wasn't even sure if that was necessarily a legal way to do business in this day and age they told me I had to talk to legal. That was great.

- Constant unintentional or intentional Retconning - We saved the world, in fact the known galaxy from Sargeras. We are the paragons of our classes and have been identified as ranking leaders of the Alliance/Horde... None of this can be found in BFA, it's truly mind boggling, weird way to handle transitioning an expansion. That's just 1 tiny example, but one that really bothered me.
same here friend, just posted the same thing. I just unsubbed too. its ridiculous the nonsense they want u to pay for however its not even worth the money. Best of luck and hopefully I see u in a better mmo and or game down the line.
This expansion is worse than WoD. At least WoD had some new features in it.
09/04/2018 09:21 AMPosted by Ðiømedes
This expansion is worse than WoD. At least WoD had some new features in it.

Exactly how I feel. WoD had some flare to it that kept me engaged, I get massively bored with BFA every time I login and leveling has no value to me other than to unlock time gated content.

Craziness imo, definitely not a successful business model.

I'm not complaining about the grinding, actually WoW is still the easiest MMO in terms of grinding from where I sit but it's the fact that I paid for a game and pay for a subcritption that's in a constant "TBD - Q1, Q2 x " state.

We don't even have a firm date Zandalari will be made available, supposedly it was coming with the Raid. Today shows that's not he case.
09/04/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Zaramis

- Constant unintentional or intentional Retconning - We saved the world, in fact the known galaxy from Sargeras. We are the paragons of our classes and have been identified as ranking leaders of the Alliance/Horde... None of this can be found in BFA, it's truly mind boggling, weird way to handle transitioning an expansion. That's just 1 tiny example, but one that really bothered me.

Everyone in the alliance calls you Champion; the High King of the Alliance and the Horde's Warchief invite you to private meetings filled with other faction leaders; the High King/Warchief entrusts you to help gain a new ally that is desperately needed to achieve victory in the war; the Speaker of the Azeroth gives you - and you alone - a magical amulet that can be filled with the power from the titan's life-blood, so that you may have the power to save the entire planet from destruction; Jaina trusts you to help redeem her in the eyes of her homeland's people and save the Kingdom from the corruption that is rotting at its core; Princess Talanji trusts you to help her save her homeland from all the enemies that besiege it; etc. etc. etc.

Just as with Illidan, Arthas, Deathwing and Garrosh, you were part of a team of elite heroes that helped save the world. You alone did not accomplish anything.
tl;dr - another allied races rant thread
This really feels like WoD.
so much salt
I'll probably be back after a few months to see if they fixed anything.
09/04/2018 09:59 AMPosted by Niabi
I'll probably be back after a few months to see if they fixed anything.

I'll be checking and hoping as well. Not saying I am totally giving up but, can't keep supporting this mindset of $#!@ the player, get the money they seem to have.
09/04/2018 09:51 AMPosted by Tadaima
tl;dr - another allied races rant thread

Yeah so that was like 1/36th of OPs post. It’s everything else going on in this god awful xpac he is trying to get at.
Polish you white knight armor.
09/04/2018 09:51 AMPosted by Corellon
09/04/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Zaramis

Everyone in the alliance calls you Champion; the High King of the Alliance and the Horde's Warchief invite you to private meetings filled with other faction leaders; the High King/Warchief entrusts you to help gain a new ally that is desperately needed to achieve victory in the war; the Speaker of the Azeroth gives you - and you alone - a magical amulet that can be filled with the power from the titan's life-blood, so that you may have the power to save the entire planet from destruction; Jaina trusts you to help redeem her in the eyes of her homeland's people and save the Kingdom from the corruption that is rotting at its core; Princess Talanji trusts you to help her save her homeland from all the enemies that besiege it; etc. etc. etc.

Just as with Illidan, Arthas, Deathwing and Garrosh, you were part of a team of elite heroes that helped save the world. You alone did not accomplish anything.

Yet random people now say "You're the guy that saved Talanji" on the horde side (paraphrasing).

You are not a Highlord either, just a champion. There's probably a new Highlord brewing.
Can I have your guys' stuff?
I think after today, it pushed me over the edge... It was a thin sheet of ice I was walking on, but it just broke... sadly.

WoW won't ever be what it was in its glory days, or my opinion of what its glory days were.

I had a serious gut feeling this was WoW's last expansion, it might just be for reasons other than story implications.
09/04/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Dargok
Can I have your guys' stuff?

You could if it weren't for another somewhat annoying part of the game design that grinds my gears currently.
You should try levelling to 120
I've decided to let my sub lapse as well. I've got less than a day left at this point...

Tbh, I'm just not having fun. There are just too many issues with the game that they aren't acknowledging, and that they obviously have no intention of rectifying. Idk. I can't justify paying for this anymore.
The only things you have to do in life is pay taxes and die. You don't have to pay money to play a game that no longer is fun for you. Not everyone agrees with you though. This is not the last expansion, so anyone saying that please stop the doomsday talk for WoW. You don't want to play fine, but don't assume that the game is over and going down because you and your friends decided you don't like it. Lots of us enjoy BFA. Maybe Blizzard is tired of getting abused every time, I don't take people talking down to me so if I work some place and people do it, I do it back. Maybe that is why Blizzard customer service representatives are so salty lately. So, by all means go ahead and go. We will be fine without you and the rest of the unhappy customers that flood the forums with these kinds of posts daily. Bye Felicia!!!!!!
You haven’t even see the raid yet! Don’t you wanna be one of the top 5 people in your raid and go 3 hours without getting a single piece of gear? I can see that happening and being so fun. Said no one ever. All the personal loot changes will greatly hinder a guilds progression mark my words. You think allied races are a problem? Just wait the real crap storm is brewing and it’s gonna be all over this forum in a few hours.
The general forum should be a quite place very soon with all the unhappy people unsubscribing. Anyone wanna bet it doesn’t happen?