Feral and balance both trash, thanks blizz :)

Druid
Waste of time. As someone who has mained feral since wrath and have heard "just go balance" for the longest, and having gone balance this expan finally becuase of how awful feral is and both are simming bottom of the charts - woo! Can't wait to warm that bench untill end of the expansion like normal until you finally decide to buff us. Just the norm right?
Simming bottom of the charts is meaningless. The sims are wrong, and there are actual raid logs to look at now. And Balance is nowhere near the bottom of the charts, it's one of the top ranged specs.

Ranged in general is doing really poorly in comparison to melee so far. That may be intentional or it may be not, but Balance is doing quite well in comparison to other ranged DPS specs. Only BM and Affliction are decidedly better.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#difficulty=3
Balance is just the most trait depended spec in the game. Honestly. I feel like searching for 3x streaking stars is comparable to farming legos in legion. Only now its locked out of mythic plus and our raid traits are gross. Lazers wont be too bad but still. If you are stuck with bad traits this week you can expect to be 3-4k behind the guys who have the bis azerite pieces until you fix that.
09/05/2018 03:01 PMPosted by Aewendil
Simming bottom of the charts is meaningless. The sims are wrong, and there are actual raid logs to look at now. And Balance is nowhere near the bottom of the charts, it's one of the top ranged specs.

Ranged in general is doing really poorly in comparison to melee so far. That may be intentional or it may be not, but Balance is doing quite well in comparison to other ranged DPS specs. Only BM and Affliction are decidedly better.

I must be doing something wrong....do you go Incarn or the AOE build? or constantly switch between the 2?

Please teach me your ways. 351 boomy here cant even beat a 340 mage in dps.
Some trait tweaks would be great, I'm stuck behind that wall of getting bad traits and trying to fix it. I haven't tried the raids just yet but I haven't waited to knowing very well that my current damage could be better if I had the so called proper traits.. =/
There's a lot going on in each of the fights. We're definitely not standing and turreting, anything, for long periods of time.

I've only managed 1 piece with Streaking Stars... but we have some fairly strong generic pieces to fall back on. Even with just 1 piece of streaking stars, i was never below 4th on damage, out of 18 DPS (i managed to grab the #1 spot on Taloc :) ). Just play smart to the best of your abilities and you'll be fine. Our aoe-silence has been a godsend in a few fights (MOTHER and Zek, specifically so far), so i don't forsee any Boomkins getting "denied" spots in raids.

I wish we were stronger, too. I wish we weren't reliant on specific traits, too. But, we can absolutely pull our weight, until changes are made.
Balance is heavily trait dependent.

It's not as bad as legendaries since you can kind of target them, but considering how the mythic+ azerite gear works it's not ideal either.

Hopefully this is tweaked. Several other specs can use a multitude of traits to perform well, in multiple activities.
09/06/2018 07:42 AMPosted by Kierafangs

Please teach me your ways. 351 boomy here cant even beat a 340 mage in dps.

You don't have Streaking Stars. That about sums it up.