To the Alliance who want High Elves

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 8 Next
So much hypocrisy.

You guys already got Nightborne. That is just a fancier type of Night Elf.
09/03/2018 11:49 PMPosted by Aellom
So much hypocrisy.

How dare you! :(
09/03/2018 11:49 PMPosted by Aellom
So much hypocrisy.

But you got Void Elves. Which are the exact same as they are just our elf but blue.

I’m talking if they about if they’d were to add High Elves as well.
09/03/2018 07:48 PMPosted by Sternbridge
You can just take all the Draenei. We don't even need High Elves. Just give us the Goblins.

Goblin and gnome squabbles over technology would be vastly amusing. It’s a wonder the writers didn’t write it up that way to offer their customers more hilarious dialogue and gameplay.
09/03/2018 07:46 PMPosted by Reznok
If you want a race that is almost indistinguishable from one of ours. That means we get one too, to keep things even.

So, help me think what race we want to poach from the Alliance. I’m leaning towards Eredar. Though suggestions would be appreciated.

BC model for BC model. Sounds perfect to me. And it makes enough sense for the eredar to be in the market for new allies now that they don’t have a corrupted titan backing them.
Didn't the humans slaughter almost every last high elf back in ancient times - with most of the survivors turning into blood elves? and then 5 random guys being "allowed to live" by the humans remaining high elves...

As far as I know there aren't even enough high elves left to fill up a single Starbucks... lets alone make for a notable population anywhere. Granted the number of Void Elves is also pretty small, but it's massive by comparison...

Personally I think the Void Elves look a LOT better than the blood elves. I'd glady trade the cosmetic end of these two... Alliance players are also just a little too obsessed with wanting all their toons to have a certain 'skin tone'... Something really weird and kinda alt-right going on over there...
09/03/2018 09:39 PMPosted by Casina
If you would object to trading High Elves for the recruitment of either Eredar or Alterac Humans to the Horde why?

The only thing I’m iffy about are (living) humans in the Horde and orcs of any flavour in the Alliance. Anything else goes.

With that said whatever is left of Alterac (the Syndicate, I believe) would make sense as a Horde-aligned faction of living human.
09/04/2018 01:09 AMPosted by Abyssinian
Didn't the humans slaughter almost every last high elf back in ancient times - with most of the survivors turning into blood elves? and then 5 random guys being "allowed to live" by the humans remaining high elves...

As far as I know there aren't even enough high elves left to fill up a single Starbucks... lets alone make for a notable population anywhere. Granted the number of Void Elves is also pretty small, but it's massive by comparison...

Personally I think the Void Elves look a LOT better than the blood elves. I'd glady trade the cosmetic end of these two... Alliance players are also just a little too obsessed with wanting all their toons to have a certain 'skin tone'... Something really weird and kinda alt-right going on over there...

Amazing. Every word that you just said is wrong.

The Silver Covenant says hello. And Quel'Danil Lodge. There were high elves at Theramore too, but Theramore got morally greyed by the faction of peace.

You can’t make a high elf out of a blood elf. Years of sucking on mana wyrms for an arcane fix and living around “glowing green crystals” tainted them proper. But you can make void elves out of both of them. The number of high elves is limited to however long it takes for them to reproduce, and the same could be said about blood elves. Void elf numbers are limited to however many living high elves and blood elves there are left.

1) Death Knight Arthas used the scourge to invade Silvermoon City (not every other location that High Elves were living in) where he wiped out 90% of its population to secure the Sunwell to revive Kel'Thuzad.

2) 90% of the remaining 10% of the population of Silvermoon became Blood Elves, the remaining 10% remained High Elves. Later when Kael'thas sent back the mana siphon information the High Elves thought the methods disgusting and vampiric, leading Lor'themar to exile the High Elves as he could not lead a nation divided.

3) The Exiled High Elves met up with other High Elves at various lodges, and Dalaran. Leading to the eventual establishment of the Silver Covenant under the command of Vereesa Windrunner.

4) The Silver Covenant had enough troops to supply the Alliance's 7th Legion the majority of its battlemages, supply Dalaran with peacekeepers to protect the Alliance Embassy, assist the Blood Elves with stopping the budding Amani Troll Empire, represent the Alliance at the Argent Tournament, and hold the Frozen Halls at ICC. They were also the ones to boot out the Sunreavers from Dalaran when one of their leaders betrayed Dalaran's neutrality to steal a WMD for Garrosh. They supported the operation to take the Isle of Thunder, and they also matched the army that the Blood Elves deployed in the Siege of Suramar City (though they had to share camp with the Night Elves), they also supported the Unseen Path.

5) There is also a group of High Elves in outland that had joined Alleria in the push through the Dark Portal during the Second War that got trapped when the Dark Portal closed. They live in the Allerian Stronghold and Shattrath under the command of Auric Sunchaser.

6) Alliance players just want to play the elves that has been working with the Alliance for a long time. We never wanted Void Elves, we wanted Silver Covenant High Elves.

7) We barely have enough Void Elves to run a Walmart, much less the army that Vereesa Windrunner has at her disposal.
09/03/2018 07:51 PMPosted by Phlynch
Leper Gnomes. They're already accepted members of the Forsaken.

This.

Alternatively, give the Horde San'layn and have them use the Night Elf models again. That'd be more than fair.
If you want a race that is almost indistinguishable from one of ours.
Joke's on you. The High Elves are ours and have been since Orcs & Humans. It's you who got the cheap knock-off preview. The Alliance is simply owed what is rightfully ours.
09/04/2018 01:40 AMPosted by Phamon
09/03/2018 07:51 PMPosted by Phlynch
Leper Gnomes. They're already accepted members of the Forsaken.

This.

Alternatively, give the Horde San'layn and have them use the Night Elf models again. That'd be more than fair.

Leper gnomes, the San'layn and satyrs would all make enough sense. Imagine how happy the satyrs are over the burning of Teldrassil. And I can’t imagine Sylvanas turning them down when they’re the perfect counter to night elves.

Still not convinced? There’s no female model or artwork to support it?

https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/File:Witchwood_Piper_full.jpg

With that said I’m still pushing for man’ari eredar in the Horde. And I can come up with a convincing reason for it to work.
If you want a race that is almost indistinguishable from one of ours. That means we get one too, to keep things even.

So, help me think what race we want to poach from the Alliance. I’m leaning towards Eredar. Though suggestions would be appreciated.

Another genius who magically thinks that a potential High Elf race wouldn't have plenty of unique customisation options. Different hair, different coloured hair, different skin tones, and of course tattoos. That would easily be enough for an Allied Race, given the precedent already set.

Not to mention Pandaren already exist if people want to make the silly identification on the battlefield argument. Yea, because people don't PvP with health bars on-- the massive RED bar above enemy players' health kind of gives the game away.

Void Elves are 'almost indistinguishable' from Blood Elves if you put them in full plate armour.

You DID get one, it's called the Night Elf model. Oh yes, we hear non-stop comical Horde saying "Well we didn't want them." as if they speak for everyone, and as if it somehow negates Nightborne's existence.
There are High Elf Sorceresses standing around Stormwind now.

Anyone notice?

Just a fun little thing. They seem to have wandered in with the other allied races, because they show up in random spots along with different classes of Lightforged and Void Elves.

So are Blizzard flat out trolling, or did they forget to change them to Void Elf Sorceresses?
Satyrs would be cool IMHO. I've always liked them but they're always just there as a sort of 'evil henchman' role. Plus I know a LOT of RoC nostalgics like myself would like to see them playable (the number of custom maps with a Satyr buildset was almost as high as those with High/Blood Elves - usually because they featured on the same maps.)
I'd love Eredar as a horde allied race, tbh.
09/04/2018 01:55 AMPosted by Nindraine
Satyrs would be cool IMHO. I've always liked them but they're always just there as a sort of 'evil henchman' role. Plus I know a LOT of RoC nostalgics like myself would like to see them playable (the number of custom maps with a Satyr buildset was almost as high as those with High/Blood Elves - usually because they featured on the same maps.)

I can’t actually remember that many custom maps with fleshed-out satyr races. Even more surprising was that the official Blizzard “Monolith” map didn’t use the corrupted ancient models for their satyr race.
09/04/2018 02:03 AMPosted by Maldazzar
09/04/2018 01:55 AMPosted by Nindraine

I can’t actually remember that many custom maps with fleshed-out satyr races. Even more surprising was that the official Blizzard “Monolith” map didn’t use the corrupted ancient models for their satyr race.

There were a lot of hurdles to making them work, because a lot of creators just basically used the existing campaign assets, which had an incomplete tech tree and borrowed a lot of abilities, so if you tried to copy them using the campaign units as a starting point, you ran into any number of headaches. Plus the fact that their army units were just neutral/mercenary mobs was a problem, as it simultaneously overpowered them in early game and underpowered them in late game.

The key was building them from scratch, which is generally why you see them a bit less often, because maps with creators who had the time to build a whole tech tree from scratch are, by their nature, a lot rarer. But there were definitely more than a few out there - I used to play several of them basically on rotation, though I can't for the life of me remember their names now. =/
I would like to play as Man'ari with pleasure.