The WrA Video Game Thread

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
I know there isn't a huge following for the series outside of Japan but I'm a bit of a jrpg nerd so I'm impatiently waiting for Dragon Quest XI to release on Tuesday. That'll likely suck me into an rpg vortex I won't get out of for at least a week.
It's not strictly speaking a separate game, but I'm hella eager for the upcoming new-lands mods in Skyrim.

Beyond Skyrim is perhaps the project I'm most looking forward to seeing more of - it's a project where eventually the entirety of Tamriel is to be created and added to the base game of Skyrim, but there's also Skywind and Skyblivion which are creating the old Elder Scrolls games with more modern graphics.

There's no set release date on either of these, but I'm keenly keeping an eye out and getting very excited about them xD

Other than that I really want to try Kingdom Come Deliverance... but it's rather expensive still, and I'm jealously guarding my treasury in the interests of going on holiday to Germany next year. So I'm waiting on that one until I can convince some hapless relative to buy it for me for Christmas. >:D
09/02/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Morídín
I know there isn't a huge following for the series outside of Japan but I'm a bit of a jrpg nerd so I'm impatiently waiting for Dragon Quest XI to release on Tuesday. That'll likely suck me into an rpg vortex I won't get out of for at least a week.

I really enjoyed Dragon Quest IX, but I haven't played any of the others. My wife and I plan to get XI, though dunno when we'll get to it.
Most underrated series ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f1tOsJvZBY
09/02/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Sarestha
Beyond Skyrim is perhaps the project I'm most looking forward to seeing more of - it's a project where eventually the entirety of Tamriel is to be created and added to the base game of Skyrim, but there's also Skywind and Skyblivion which are creating the old Elder Scrolls games with more modern graphics.

There's no set release date on either of these, but I'm keenly keeping an eye out and getting very excited about them xD

Yep, as soon as those are out I'm planning on getting them. I loved Morrowind and Oblivion when they were current, but I'm spoiled on more advanced UIs and graphics. I've tried going back but it was too painful. The same gamplay with updated UI and graphics though? Sign my right the fornication up.
09/02/2018 05:31 PMPosted by Bebbit
09/02/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Sarestha

Yep, as soon as those are out I'm planning on getting them. I loved Morrowind and Oblivion when they were current, but I'm spoiled on more advanced UIs and graphics. I've tried going back but it was too painful. The same gamplay with updated UI and graphics though? Sign my right the fornication up.

I actually bought Oblivion but couldn't bring myself to finish it because I didn't enjoy the graphics and gameplay. So same. XD
I will play Morrowind extra, just for you kids.
I'm not quite as down on Anthem as I used to be but I'm still annoyed by its existence. Anthem just better give me a decent single-player experience to make up for what was sacrificed for it. And, honestly, the sooner it comes out, the sooner we can all move on to DA4.

(They've said that if Anthem fails, it won't affect DA4 development and I'm clinging pretty desperately to that. Knowing that I'll get to go back to Thedas one day helps get me through the days when living on Earth is really a drag.)

As for what I'm currently playing, would it be too predictable to say Andromeda? Heh. I just started another playthrough this weekend. Otherwise I'm just playing the AH in WoW and trying to motivate myself to grind AR rep.
09/02/2018 05:37 PMPosted by Rasks
I will play Morrowind extra, just for you kids.

Thanks dad.
Warframe. Is always fun and some missions are like zen "brain died" fun.
Besides WoW and WF I don't really play anything else. I have other games on pc but they just there.

I've been wanting to play some Diablo 3 again but to little time outside of life and WoW.
the cyberpunk 2077 gameplay turned me into a pretzel as i vocalized mysteriously into the night sky
(that is a good thing)

I haven't been playing much else other than WoW due to rep grinding but once i'm done I'll probably go back to playing MHW since I'm still trying to beat up Anjanath for having such a weird massive hitbox on his attacks

Maybe throw in a bit of For Honor or Rainbow Six Siege and once Stellaris releases its Le Guin update i'll go back to that
XCOM 2 campaign, I'm only missing two achievements out of the 80 for it and they're not hard achievements, I just have to gimp myself to get them so it's annoying.

Hit 1,000th hour on Ark, playing on a Role Play server architect turned vigilante when some crazy guy declares himself king of the island. Not enough numbers on my side to take em down head on.
Divinity Original Sin 2 just came out with its definitive edition, so I believe I am obligated to play through that again.
09/02/2018 07:20 PMPosted by Zyyras
Divinity Original Sin 2 just came out with its definitive edition, so I believe I am obligated to play through that again.

I still need to finish that. I started it, loved it, then got distracted with some other shiny new game.
09/02/2018 07:31 PMPosted by Bebbit
09/02/2018 07:20 PMPosted by Zyyras

I still need to finish that. I started it, loved it, then got distracted with some other shiny new game.

To be honest, the last act and the ending weren't up to par with Acts 1 and 2, but the definitive edition apparently put a lot of work into improving the later acts.

I'm excited to check them out. Unfortunately, old saves aren't compatible with the update, so I guess rip 60+ hours of my life.
divinity 2 original sin is without a doubt the most difficult rpg i've ever played
09/02/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Marsoor
the cyberpunk 2077 gameplay turned me into a pretzel as i vocalized mysteriously into the night sky

Oh god yes this. CD Projekt red is the new Bioware before they went to !@#$. The game looks completely stunning.
I definitely need to give Divinity Original Sin 2 another go, now that they've released the Definitive Edition. I had just about finished Act Two when I get distracted, but that works out with the later acts being as lackluster as they apparently were at the time.

09/02/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Ethari
And, honestly, the sooner it comes out, the sooner we can all move on to DA4.

I'm really worried about DA4, actually. :(

I definitely don't think they'll cancel it if Anthem flops, but they've said they want to carry a lot of what they're doing with Anthem over into their other games. So now I'm worried that DA4 will be a mess of "live service elements" and junk.

https://www.vg247.com/2018/09/02/new-dragon-age-mass-effect-influenced-by-anthem/
(( ngl the only other game i regularly bother is play is dark souls 3 and i doubt that's gonna change soon. i'm fond of banging my head against a wall i guess ))
Anthem is EA's attempt at killing Bioware

EA wants to invest 10 years into the game, but it ain't gonna work and they're gonna use it as an excuse to just kill Bioware and either cancel or completely gut DA4

it's over