New Demon Hunter races please!

General Discussion
No.
Not happening.

/thread
We want to new allies , new recruits for Demon Hunters. When they prepared :))
Orcs and draneis would be cool.
at least nightborne and void elves can be dh. They are even elves :’(
I know a lot of people wouldn't have been happy if monks were restricted to pandas. I vote we have no more restricted races like this. Lore can be made to explain things. This is just stupid.
I'm all about keeping class restrictions... But I do agree that one class split between two races is pretty silly, especially with all the new allied races being pumped out. Bend the lore a bit like they always have and always will, and at least let us make orc and draenei demon hunters.
09/26/2018 09:01 PMPosted by Sephael
I'm all about keeping class restrictions... But I do agree that one class split between two races is pretty silly, especially with all the new allied races being pumped out. Bend the lore a bit like they always have and always will, and at least let us make orc and draenei demon hunters.

Also give us at least one short race as a demon hunter. I know a lot of people don't like goblins and gnomes, but personal race bias shouldn't have anything to do with it. Its nice to have some variety in a game like this. Maybe at the least they could give us a short height option for elves or something like that.
09/26/2018 09:03 PMPosted by Gnomest
09/26/2018 09:01 PMPosted by Sephael

Also give us at least one short race as a demon hunter. I know a lot of people don't like goblins and gnomes, but personal race bias shouldn't have anything to do with it. Its nice to have some variety in a game like this. Maybe at the least they could give us a short height option for elves or something like that.

Take your DH into the Black Morass during TBC Timewalking, and cross your fingers that your DH gets disguised as a gnome. It is the funniest-looking thing in the universe...when they glide, it looks like a little moth flitting across the screen.
09/02/2018 02:49 PMPosted by Solarwynds
09/02/2018 02:37 PMPosted by Voncarsteinx
no. illidan started the illidari in the lore and it was blood elves and night elves only..
they're not going to add new races for dh that would be stupid.

But they actually Already have. There are murloc DH in the Stormheim Invasions.

Yes, any race CAN be a Demon Hunter, but the specific Demon Hunters that the Players are are the elves who went with Illidan. That shouldn't change.
09/26/2018 09:22 PMPosted by Tarc
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Take your DH into the Black Morass during TBC Timewalking, and cross your fingers that your DH gets disguised as a gnome. It is the funniest-looking thing in the universe...when they glide, it looks like a little moth flitting across the screen.

Thats one way, but you can't pick your mog like that. You can also do this: https://i.imgur.com/bXxACjH.png
An actual look possible to pull off for a gnome outlaw rogue.

Yes, any race CAN be a Demon Hunter, but the specific Demon Hunters that the Players are are the elves who went with Illidan. That shouldn't change.

So it would just need a different starting zone for different races then or maybe not even that. Some starting zones begin within open world areas.
09/26/2018 08:56 PMPosted by Rustwell
I know a lot of people wouldn't have been happy if monks were restricted to pandas. I vote we have no more restricted races like this. Lore can be made to explain things. This is just stupid.

Because Monks make sense. Allowing DH's to be available to other races would butcher the entire storyline from the Warcraft RTS's, something that I would not be happy with. Not to mention butchering like half of Illidans lore. That is stupid.
Undead dh please! Would boost!
09/26/2018 09:29 PMPosted by Hellglaive
09/26/2018 08:56 PMPosted by Rustwell

Because Monks make sense. Allowing DH's to be available to other races would butcher the entire storyline from the Warcraft RTS's, something that I would not be happy with. Not to mention butchering like half of Illidans lore. That is stupid.

Not really. They could have simply said something along the lines of that the illidari are teaching anyone or a certain group of races to become demon hunters. Those of each respected race you are playing as are the ones we play as. They could have also said something like only Pandaren have what it takes to be true monk. They really could have done this. If you disagree with this you are lying to yourself.
I do not support the addition of more available races for demon hunters in any way. I am, in fact, actively opposed to it.

Not every race needs every class. There should be some exclusivity, chief among that exclusivity being demon hunters.
But I don't like playing elves. So can we let other races be Demon Hunters now? Like a Highmountain DH would be great. They could be tied in to the Feltotem tribe or something. I dunno. Just let me be not an elf. I would appreciate it.

Hehe, I had a vision of a Highmountain Demonhunter gliding and yelling "Red Bull gives you wiiiiiings!"
No.
None of the other races are as peppered as I, how can they even come close to the Double Illidan that my guild rank entails.
<---- Stop beating that guy.
09/26/2018 09:46 PMPosted by Deadhorse
<---- Stop beating that guy.

Ok... that's funny.
I would have loved to see how people reacted if demon hunters were only released for a race like goblins and gnomes or pandas with cannon to back it up. I'll tell you this. They probably wouldn't be so apt to defend it even if the lore did fit it just because goblins, gnomes and pandas aren't a popular aesthetic people go for.