Can players be the leaders of their factions?

General Discussion
I have a thinking that if WoW had its last expansion in the next decade, maybe the player could be the new racial and faction leader of their respective races and factions. In the Anduin Wrynn comic during Legion it showed in the epilogue that Anduin has grown into an old man and is aboard the Exodar alongside the Draenei and are preparing for a final assault against something. I don't know if WoW's timespan will last for that long for ingame characters to age up. I mean if Anduin grows up to be an old man, would the players age up too?
Maybe since he is "wink" "wink" getting to know Taelia maybe if he grows up and starts a family the Human player can get to be the Regent Lord/Lady of Stormwind and Grand Leader of the Alliance. Maybe the Orc player can get to be Warchief of the Horde. And maybe the players of other races get to take the mantle of leaders of their respective people. That could be like the final paragraph of the Warcraft saga.
No. Blizzard might force me to become evil and kill me off if I try leading the horde.
Story first, would work.

The problem these days is, in Legion, there was no reason for the Class Halls system. Somehow, every single player is both the unique and one of all Leader of the entirety of those that hold to a given skill set, i.e., Class.

What did not make sense is that, when players are both unique and not, there's a bit of a bad vibe in the game. At least, that's my perspective.

There's a very real problem with WoW, right now. Rule of Cool and Epic Do-Over are not story content. I must wonder why both are permitted to fully replace actual story and substantive content, in WoW.
That'd be a horrible idea. We just got done being the Chosen One from Legion. The point to an MMO experience isn't to be the chosen one, or some almighty powerful leader of something like the Horde / Alliance.

We're meant to be the people, not the leaders.
I mean, it's a pretty terrible idea, but with how much Blizz has butchered their lore lately I wouldn't put it past them.
09/06/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Shadina
That'd be a horrible idea. We just got done being the Chosen One from Legion. The point to an MMO experience isn't to be the chosen one, or some almighty powerful leader of something like the Horde / Alliance.

Yes, I agree with this completely!

I want only to be an adventurer in WoW who carves out my own story against the backdrop of larger than life characters who are orchestrating major events.

I'm a character, not the star of the show. I don't want to be the star.

I'll even say this whole 'hero! you're our only hope! our one and only final last straw scraping the bottom of the barrel last hope' crap along the way has annoyed me half to death. It is really irritating.
09/06/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Shadina

Not that I dont agree with you, I like being the wanderer as much as the hero.

But you are the chosen child in like every MMO except wow. (I mean I know legion we were, but still wow is the least in your face with it.)

ESO, chosen to beat the deadra
Ffxiv, literally called the chosen one from day one
Swtor, each class ends up having a "destiny" to become the leader of the galaxy

So it wouldn't be that against industry norms to make us the chosen ones again.
What i think the OP is saying is at the end of WoW, the end of the last expansion made by Blizzard, they will make the player Warchief or King or Queen of their faction. Then once the player population drops to a certain level, Blizzard will shut off the servers and the game is done.

it can work.

Have Thrall come out of nowhere and make an announcement about how this one "Champion" fought against incredible odds, fighting against all the villains and have a cenimatic of everything through the entire history of WoW.

Even throw in that the "Champion" fed whatever just to get them to poop for whatever.

I can work.