Cant be serious. . .

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Have a mate who has decided to return to WoW since unsubbing in mid WoD.

He has always purchased collectors editions for every xpac (including legion, which he didn't even sub for) and BFA was no different. So he went out and purchased BFA, logged in for the first time in a little over 12 months, keen as and ready to rock and roll.

He wanted to jump straight into current content, so he decided to use his character boost included his collectors edition purchase. in his excitement he accidentally boosted the wrong character, he had 2 druids, one horde and one alliance, the alliance was boosted rather than the horde. >.<

However, almost immediately after doing so he put in a ticket to blizzard with an ETA response of 5 minutes response time. An hour later a customer service rep with the name Parlokampoi responded with a friendly hello and things went south from here.

He asked if it was at all possible for his boost to be undone or to be transferred to another character for which it was intended, at this stage the character had not even been played, it was boosted and left at the log in screen.

Parlokampoi responded saying unfortunately that a mulligan is not an option for incorrectly used character boosts. My mate took this on the chin with the "yeah fair enough i mad the mistake". from here he asked if a mulligan was not an option could the toon he had boosted please have the toon faction changed to horde as thats what he wanted to play.

Again he was told that this would not be possible, without any explanation as to why.

The only thing the rep could offer was the option of waiting 72 hours for the boost cooldown to drop and then pay another $40 for a faction change.

So after being a sub since late vanilla, and admittedly being a blizz fanboy paying for and playing most, if not all of there other titles for the past 14 years going out, spending $140 on collectors edition, paying $15 for a sub and making one small mistake the only option blizzard has to fix the issue is . . .

spend more money??

He asked then for his sub to be refunded and the rep was more than happy to do so, about the only helpful thing he did.

happy to loose a sub rather than help your customers, with what seriously should be a simple fix, revert the incorrectly boosted character to the prior level and allocate a new boost to the intended character.

I could understand it if the character had been played for multiple hours, but this was within an hour of the boost and the only reason it took that long was because he had to wait for customer service to respond.

seriously blizz??
09/04/2018 11:44 PMPosted by Esc
So after being a sub since late vanilla, and admittedly being a blizz fanboy paying for and playing most, if not all of there other titles for the past 14 years going out, spending $140 on collectors edition, paying $15 for a sub and making one small mistake the only option blizzard has to fix the issue is . . .

spend more money??

>
soo many words i spaced out
spend more money??

Is the activision blizz model now
Yup, Activision WANTS this game to DIE. Thats why this XPAC is trash. Thats why there are so many bugs/timegates/complaints. They want people to quit so they can work on something new cause their other games are doing way better than wow now.

The good news is that this might give new MMORPGS a chance to grow.

Farewell Blizzard we love you but you should of never let Activision in your backdoor.
I've always found blizz customer service to be extremely helpful even with matters of money. I am skeptical of this post.
You're warned multiple times before you boost. You're also told it's nonrefundable.
Just remove boosts from the game.
I would have tried escalating or a different gm.

I’ve had a faction change undone once so I don’t see why this couldn’t be done.

I’m sure it’s been talked about before too.
09/04/2018 11:53 PMPosted by Erthan
I've always found blizz customer service to be extremely helpful even with matters of money. I am skeptical of this post.

Parlokampoi: Hi there!
you: hey!
you: hello...?
Parlokampoi: Yes sorry
you: haha all good
Parlokampoi: So the boost is from a collector edition
you: yeah
you: im sooooooooooooooooooooo sorry
Parlokampoi: I'm afraid We can't provide a mulligan :/
you: oh no..... can i faction change it? because it wont let me
Parlokampoi: It won't let you?
you: nah the store store that its not available
you: can you do a faction change for me? Ive been a customer for a lillte bit now so im hoping to get a hand :(
you: I stopped wow for OW haha
Parlokampoi: the store said it's not available?
you: Its more that I messed up.....BAD!!!! I have not played WoW in years, but for some reason I keep buying collectors (old habbit's die hard i guess haha) A mate of mine begged me to come back and in my excitement I boosted the wrong toon... I wanted a druid with the same name but on horde. I sorry sorry to stuff you guys around and i understand you are busy having a new x-pac and all but if it is possible could I please have another shot at boosting a toon or at least have Sethois on Saurfang faction changed to horde?
you: oops wrong paste
you: hold up
you: ERROR: This character is not eligible for this service. PLEASE ADDRESS THESE ISSUES
you: "This character is not eligible for this service"
Parlokampoi: DO you still have mails on your character
Parlokampoi: I'll check why it is not eligible
Parlokampoi: a moment please
you: kk
you: i cehcked and it didnt before
you: are you able to faction change him for me? I understand that you cant give me another boost...that fine but can I ask for some help in changing him.... I got on and was too excited to realise it was the wrong toon... I know thats my bad but can I please get another chance another way?
Parlokampoi: I'm afraid not :/
Parlokampoi: I just check and it can't be faction change because it's still in cool down of your boost
Parlokampoi: So you should be able to do after cool down gone
you: dude, surly I can get something to help me out. I'm not a scrub just landning here for the 1st time I have been a Blizz customer for years now...again the only reason I stopped playing WoW was to play OW... please, can you ask your boss for anohter chance? I paid my Sub, I got collectors... I made 1 misstake and now i have to drop anohter $40?
you: how long is the CD?
Parlokampoi: Should be 72 hours
you: So i cant get any help?
Parlokampoi: Sorry we're not able to provide a mulligan :/
Parlokampoi: I asked again but still no
you: ok then can you cancel my sub and refund it
Parlokampoi: Yes
you: I really dont want that man
you: i wanted to play wow.... I was so excited all day...
you: i left work eraly for this
you: I diont know what I want to do.... I want to play but I cant afford to pay $40 for a faction change... Ill have to wait till next pay then ill resub i guess
you: thats 2 weeks away
Parlokampoi: I can refunded this sub for you
Parlokampoi: You've just purchased it
you: Might have to... I'm not going to play it for 2 weeks till I cant get the funds to do that faction chahge
you: thats 2 weeks I have paid for Im not going play
you: So whats the go?
Parlokampoi: I'll refund the subscription, a moment please
you: Man that sucks that you guys are happy to refund my sub rather than help me out with 1 mistake. I'm not saying you directly but you as a collective
Parlokampoi: we didn't provide mulligan for any players who used the boost
Parlokampoi: refund requested
you: Thats fine.... what about the alternative i requested? I know that was an option a few years ago why not now?
you: requested because you can't help me with 1 mistake I made....
Parlokampoi: what alternative?
you: faction change
Parlokampoi: That's a mulligan
you: no a mulligan is another shot at it
you: I'm not asking for another shot man, Im asking for a faction change
Parlokampoi: Refund requested and we really can't provide a free faction change for you
you: OK, so we done?
Parlokampoi: yes
you: no worries
info: Your chat transcript will be sent to at the end of your chat.
Parlokampoi: Hope you have a good rest of the day
you: again i am sorry it came to this man its kinda !@#$ as i said i have been a fanboy of Blizz for sometime.... Diablo, WoW and OW.... and you cant help me out thios 1 time
you: you too man
Have him post on the Customer Service forums. I sincerely hope they'll help out a long time sub and fan. I'm not getting my hopes up but that is your best bet.
i refunded a race change on one of my many shamans and i havent been able to access it for days now lol. they still have my money, my toon is back the way it was before the race change, but somehow i can't play it
spend more money??
ye$
Meh. It's not very surprising. Blizzard ten years ago would have done so as a friendly gesture to a loyal customer. Today? Nah. Just spend more money.
The "are you sure you want to boost this character?" button is there for a reason.
09/04/2018 11:53 PMPosted by Ellwindris
You're warned multiple times before you boost. You're also told it's nonrefundable.

One time.

&

never asked for a refund.
09/05/2018 12:02 AMPosted by Greenegg
The "are you sure you want to boost this character?" button is there for a reason.

Again, he understands he made a mistake, but for a multi million dollar company to suggest the only fix is more $$ rather than helping?? not once did he deny his mistake but not helping a customer is just wrong.
Again, he understands he made a mistake, but for a multi million dollar company to suggest the only fix is more $$ rather than not once did he deny said mistake helping a customer is just wrong.

Blizzard CS used to be unparalleled. You'd talk to a human and you'd have a personal fix to your problem. Sometime after the Activision takeover (despite claims that Blizzard is autonomous, we know shareholders own them completely), this changed.

Now they hire minimally skilled CS because they're cheaper and the players suffer for it.
Your friend could have just boosted the horde toon as well. Idk why he didn't. He bought collectors editions as well so it can't be about money. hm.
Lame on their part. To avoid abuse of "mulligans" they can make a one-time thing per account. Nah, let's pretend the reasonable is impossible.