Allied Races = I quit

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 24 Next
Instead they had to get a toon to level 55 for death knight, or 70 for demon hunter. Pathfinder to unlock flight, an ability we had that was taken away, was more ferocious still. Allied races aren't races either - they're just some new styles and a different racial.

These are new styles with different racials... so races. I mean they may not have a new skeleton, but they are a different race.

Flying isn't in the advertisement for the BFA expansion, but allied races are (with no mention of grinding old content to get them either). Flying is going to be a grind again (mostly to give them time to finish the various crap they didn't have time for in this rushed expansion before players land on them) but it's not advertised as a feature. If they want to put level requirements, that's fine, but in previous expansions they were advertised. Besides, these are RACES, not new classes such as the Death Knight and Demon Hunter. They've added races previously without the level requirements.

And what part of the BFA expansion do lightforged dranei, highmountain tauren, void elves, and nightborne give us a preview of? If anything, those races are rewards for having done sufficient amounts of Legion content. Just as the kul tiras and maghor and newer ARs will be rewards for having done sufficient amounts of BFA content. While Allied Races are a new thing, gating cool stuff behind admittedly annoying crap is a time-honor tradition. :) (Hell, WoD gave you a flying mount with your collector's edition, then took flying completely out of the game, then introduced pathfinder after 1-2 years of rioting.)

Giving rewards to already subscribing players is a terrible, awful business practice. You want to provide new sparkling features to bring new players in and old players back. By locking these features behind old content which new and returning players have to do on top of the current content which is already a grind you're pushing these players away. I guess they don't care because the players don't find this out until they've purchased the expansion because they don't advertise that these new allied races are locked behind reputation achievements.

If you want a Pandaren farm, you have to go back to Pandaria. If you want a Garrison, you have to go back to Draenor. If you want LEGION Allied Races, you have to go to Broken Isles and Argus (the Legion Order Halls are worthless compared to Draneor garrisons post-expac, I hear people still farm Pandaren stuff for mats to make rockets and things). If you want BFA Allied Races, you do the BFA content.

And next expansion you watch people riot about having to do BFA content to get the BFA Allied Races...

If you want old content stuff, you do old content stuff. But nobody wants to have a Pandaren farm because it's worthless in new content. The big problem with this argument is the allied races AREN'T LEGION CONTENT. They're BFA content added in the BFA expansion. You've got a thick skull if you believe these are part of the Legion expansion, I'd love to see how you went through Legion with a Nightbourne.
It takes a few weeks
09/06/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Baelsong
The big problem with this argument is the allied races AREN'T LEGION CONTENT.

Yeah they are... I even saw nightborne, highmountain tauren, void elves & lightforged draenei.

I even helped those races out & got reputation with them in legion. Imagine that?
I would prefer them to be available on release as they were a selling point, i wasnt upset with Legion allied races as they were announced LONG after completed the prerequisites...it was just do the short quest and boom, done.

Honestly, they should be available by now and not time gated to World Quest grinding, its really annoying.
09/06/2018 09:12 AMPosted by Dephorester
09/06/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Baelsong
The big problem with this argument is the allied races AREN'T LEGION CONTENT.

Yeah they are... I even saw nightborne, highmountain tauren, void elves & lightforged draenei.

I even helped those races out & got reputation with them in legion. Imagine that?

I guess I thought people were smart enough to consider this the playable race allied races, not the ones you saw as NPCs. I guess I shouldn't overestimate the stupidity in the forums.
09/06/2018 01:08 PMPosted by Baelsong
I guess I thought people were smart enough to consider this the playable race allied races

I don't understand what the hell you just said, but ok!

https://i.imgur.com/B494MHC.jpg
09/06/2018 08:17 AMPosted by Oimâk
Seeing the lazy QQ is the best part of my day. I hope they never ever change it.

You are 332 ilevel with a 340 heart of azeroth... you aren't exactly a cutting edge player here, ontop of that this has nothing to do with being lazy.

And as many have said, there is no issue with locking races behind current content reputation grinds, the issue is locking them behind old content. For the record... I have all the legion requirement races unlocked, and I have had them unlocked for a very long time.

The issue I have, is with players returning, why are they denied the ability to play these unless they spend a ton of time grinding old and obsolete content. A single playthrough legion wont give you anything, you will have to do WQ repeatedly and grind the rep out.

This entire concept is nonsensical.
You bought the game, not the races.

Allied races are a BONUS for getting exalted. Just like a mount (which we also get that for getting exalted too).
09/06/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Arraegath

And as many have said, there is no issue with locking races behind current content reputation grinds, the issue is locking them behind old content. For the record... I have all the legion requirement races unlocked, and I have had them unlocked for a very long time.

The issue I have, is with players returning, why are they denied the ability to play these unless they spend a ton of time grinding old and obsolete content. A single playthrough legion wont give you anything, you will have to do WQ repeatedly and grind the rep out.

That's not "old content" Highmounatin and Nightborne, for example, were current content for Legion. They were released before BfA was even out.

If you missed out on getting them when they were "current", then you go back and grind them. Just like you would with a legendary, or a mount.

Because, by your logic, once we buy a new expansion, we should just be given ALL things that were released in the previous expansion. Like mounts, legendaries, etc. Sounds stupid, right?
09/06/2018 02:49 PMPosted by Bryr

Allied races are a BONUS for getting exalted. Just like a mount (which we also get that for getting exalted too).

That's not "old content" Highmounatin and Nightborne, for example, were current content for Legion. They were released before BfA was even out.

If you missed out on getting them when they were "current", then you go back and grind them. Just like you would with a legendary, or a mount.

Because, by your logic, once we buy a new expansion, we should just be given ALL things that were released in the previous expansion. Like mounts, legendaries, etc. Sounds stupid, right?

Bonus? Rofl... They advertised the game around allied races being available. A bonus would be something along with the game that was unannounced. There are specific ads and YouTube videos where the Allied races are advertised for being a reason to buy BFA. That doesn't make it a "bonus", that makes it a feature.

Also, you have a little white stuff on your nose... You might want to take care of that.

You are not so great at that reading comprehension thing. I am exalted with all of the legion races I need to be. Legion content is no longer relevant content. It would be like if they suddenly made it so you have to be exalted with some BC faction to unlock blood elves. If people bought BFA and are returning to the game now, and hadn't played legion, then legion is not current content.
If you saw advertisements for BFA anywhere, it talked about allied races as a feature. Suppose you quit in WoD, or MOP and decided to give WoW another go and thought hmmm I would like to play one of these... oh wait... must go back and spend weeks grinding old obsolete content.

That is the issue.

That's the thing, the playable allied races are new BFA features. They are not previous content. Check out the BFA advertisements, they advertise "new allied races as playable races". They didn't advertise them as part of Legion.

<span class="truncated">...</span>

You are not so great at that reading comprehension thing. I am exalted with all of the legion races I need to be. Legion content is no longer relevant content. It would be like if they suddenly made it so you have to be exalted with some BC faction to unlock blood elves. If people bought BFA and are returning to the game now, and hadn't played legion, then legion is not current content.
If you saw advertisements for BFA anywhere, it talked about allied races as a feature. Suppose you quit in WoD, or MOP and decided to give WoW another go and thought hmmm I would like to play one of these... oh wait... must go back and spend weeks grinding old obsolete content.

That is the issue.

Sucks to be you. If you want LEGION ALLIED RACES, then go do LEGION CONTENT.

It's that simple. Don't like it? Too bad.

And to the guy who posted before you. What's wrong with doing drugs? My Mag'har loves it, thank you very much. Gets him all wired to 1v3 Alliance.

09/06/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Baelsong

That's the thing, the playable allied races are new BFA features. They are not previous content. Check out the BFA advertisements, they advertise "new allied races as playable races". They didn't advertise them as part of Legion.

So? They never said you get them as soon as you buy BfA. They are allowed to advertise things that are in game, even if you have to unlock them.

That is the issue.

And to the guy who posted before you. What's wrong with doing drugs? My Mag'har loves it, thank you very much. Gets him all wired to 1v3 Alliance.

So? They never said you get them as soon as you buy BfA. They are allowed to advertise things that are in game, even if you have to unlock them.

See the problem with you arguing is, you're not a returning player. You did the grind while it's current. This is an overlook by Blizzard and a crummy thing to do to new/returning players. You can defend Blizzard all you want for their unethical business practices, it still doesn't make it right and makes you look just as crummy as them.

Also, if you have the allied races and didn't have to join and do the grind after BFA launch, why do you adamantly defend Blizzard? It makes no sense, you have no valid opinion.

Unlocking things is one thing, going through previous expansion content to unlock current expansion features is stupid and pointless. This is obvious stuff, you shouldn't be defending it.
09/06/2018 01:14 PMPosted by Dephorester
I guess I thought people were smart enough to consider this the playable race allied races

Weeb trash
09/06/2018 01:14 PMPosted by Dephorester

It's okay, reading takes time to figure out.
Try unlocking a well paying job next nerds.
I guess Blizzard should've done a better job communicating the requirements for the Allied Races, with so many people expecting that they would be quick and easy to get.

4 of the races were in the game a while before BfA. Nightborne was the one I had to do the most extra play to unlock, since they depended on a quest chain I hadn't had a reason to do before. The other 3 were mainly about rep gain that I was getting while unlocking and doing class hall missions and doing emissary quests.

The Pathfinder achievement is the biggest chore in the game, and there are three of them now. I can see that being quite hostile to new players. Flying really should be automatic in the old zones once you've got a single character to max level for the no longer current expansion. So e.g. if you use your boost.
Stop defending Blizzard for locking Allied races behind rep grinds. Calling it "Allied" doesn't change the fact that it is a race. New races were unlocked by purchasing an expansion, that's it.

/timeplayed metric

You're not special for putting in the time to getting exalted. Stop telling players, "If I did it, you have to as well!" This isn't mythic +, this isn't heroic/mythic raiding, these are races.

Yes, I unlocked the Legion races.
09/04/2018 12:33 PMPosted by Beardedcow
09/04/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Dëstiny
I paid for BFA to play allied races and will not do a bunch of old/new content just to unlock them.. I am un-subbing now. If they let me play the allied races with the $60 i paid them for BFA then i would be leveling up some new char's and they would get more of my money....

Just turn off Warmode

I love this meme.
09/06/2018 03:13 PMPosted by Branuur

That is the issue.

09/06/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Baelsong

You don't read so well do you?

I have all of the legion rep locked allied races unlocked, and have had them unlocked for a long time, when allied races became playable for pre-orders, I had all the allied races unlocked. I am not arguing this for myself, but nice try you LFR hero you...