Arathi is so boring with flying

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 20 Next
09/05/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Jaderey
While I don’t think its viable to remove flying from older zones, I can’t believe people who honestly say stuff like

“Lol just don’t fly then“
“You have a ground mount”

You Cannot have two options in the game one being far superior to the other and then say it’s your choice if you want to go to weaker option.

I mean yes it is this choice but, no one’s going to do it unless they have to and you know it.

Then they don't truly enjoy the ground game.
While I don’t think its viable to remove flying from older zones, I can’t believe people who honestly say stuff like

You Cannot have two options in the game one being far superior to the other and then say it’s your choice if you want to go to weaker option.

I mean yes it is this choice but, no one’s going to do it unless they have to and you know it.

Given the arguments against flying, you absolutely have an option, and staying on the ground isn't inferior to flying. Now, if you're talking efficiency, sure, but that isn't the argument that anti-flyers make.

War mode "ON" = NO FLIGHT
War Mode "OFF" = Flight

Also....that means they're hypocrites.

[quote]Given the arguments against flying, you absolutely have an option, and staying on the ground isn't inferior to flying. Now, if you're talking efficiency, sure, but that isn't the argument that anti-flyers make.

Even then, the efficiency excuse doesn't matter anymore now that people can all tap the same resources...
09/05/2018 05:29 AMPosted by Creeks
Please turn it off

the Horde are like tiny ants

THEN DON'T FLY...problem solved
The “don’t fly then” responses are invisible to me at this point.
09/05/2018 09:06 AMPosted by Phumbles

Sometimes the answer is just that easy...
09/05/2018 06:20 AMPosted by Darthu
Flying in current content kills WPVP. I hope flight doesn't get turned on for BFA region until the next expansion.

Wpvp killed itself ages ago, also pvp is a side game so you can go queue for it if it tickles your fancy. How people like Wpvp is beyond me, unless there the ones ganking lowbies and running as a raid so they can 20 v 1 people.
09/05/2018 05:42 AMPosted by Iirissa
You have ground mounts with no flight capabilities for a reason. You do not want to fly? Use those mounts.

Your inability to not use flying mounts is your own problem.

This.

09/05/2018 05:42 AMPosted by Gorrior
09/05/2018 05:40 AMPosted by Forbanna
Don't fly then.

Another one who doesn't get it at all.

Another person who doesn't understand how opinions work or appreciate the options at hand.

That's because you advocate for any and every tedium Blizzard feeds you and then asks for seconds.

I've never seen someone enjoy tedium more than you claim to.
I was enjoying it even through all the lag yesterday specifically because flying was back.

Sounds like you could take the same approach to flying if it was offered in game.
It was great changing into travel form on my Druid and seeing that I could fly. It made me actually nostalgic for the zone because it was just as I remembered it. There was no "you can't fly here for reasons" nonsense.
Also, I probably spent twice as long there doing stuff because I could fly around the map exploring and looking for rares, etc. If I had to stay on my ground mount I probably would have finished the quests and headed back to Boralus where I would have spent half my play time on flight paths headed to world quests (so immersive!). Where as if I had flight I would be flying from quest to quest, exploring, gathering herbs, etc.
It's not being forced to stay on the ground seeing other players that makes the game immersive. It's being able to freely explore the world while keeping total control of my character and being able to see the scenery from different angles and perspectives. Watching my character sit on a flight path for 50% of the time isn't playing. It's waiting.
09/05/2018 05:56 AMPosted by Creeks
how to play WoW with flying:

1. hover above Doom's Howl world boss until 5% hp left
2. descend
3. flame shock
4. receive loot
5. mount back up
6. ascend

you guys WANT THIS

LOL yes this is all flyings fault. Nobody could do the same thing by hanging off to the side abit waiting till its 5% and run in and attack.
09/05/2018 07:04 AMPosted by Fiddlehead
Don't fly then.

Surely you aren't that dense...

When people say they like no flying, they obviously mean they like the gameplay implications when everyone around them is grounded. Not that they individually just prefer to run around on the ground for no reason.

So tired of this obnoxious, nonsensical response.

Why should we be forced to be your entertainment though ? Blizzard could just add a whole bunch of npcs out there for you guys since most people don't interact out there, other than annoy each other the odd occassion.
The more I read these threads the more I'm convinced that the primary reason for being against flying is to screw over the people who do like flying, mostly just for the sake of screwing someone over. The reason Blizzard doesn't like flying is $$$, and that's obvious, but for the anti-flying fanboys the anti-flight arguments have become so thin and petty that you can see right through them.
Don't fly then.

Logic? Get out of here with that!
09/05/2018 06:06 AMPosted by Jostlen
Agreed! The game is so much more fun and immersive with everyone on the ground. :)

Because that line of thinking worked so well in WoD, didn’t it?
09/05/2018 05:56 AMPosted by Creeks
how to play WoW with flying:

1. hover above Doom's Howl world boss until 5% hp left
2. descend
3. flame shock
4. receive loot
5. mount back up
6. ascend

you guys WANT THIS

Or i can be on the ground just out of range and do the same thing, are you dumb?
it’s your choice if you want to go to weaker option.

Ground mounting is not weaker, it's simply slower with a larger chance of wasting time killing unchallenging/unrewarding mobs to get to challenging and/or rewarding content.

There is zero advantage to be gained via getting to instant/quick respawning mobs with RNG loot rewards. You aren't in a race to item level 370 with anyone, and anyone who beats you there has zero impact on your own game play.