Loot Drop Rate

General Discussion
I have been playing WoW since BC. Never have I been so disappointed with the loot system. I used to be upset back in BC, Wrath if I didn't get more than one piece of loot a dungeon. Now I am lucky to get an upgrade every 5. I am starting to think bosses don't even drop loot. I have put in tickets about this, because I will be running mythics with a friend and he will get 2 or 3 pieces on mythic, and for the last 10 I have gotten absolutely nothing. Then when something finally drops, it's not even an upgrade. Something I got from freaking world quests was better. I really think the loot drop rate needs to be increased. Especially for once a week dungeons. I get raids being a little more difficult. Tbh though, anything that you can only do once a week should have a higher drop percentage. Raids, mythics. I would really enjoy getting upgrades. I look at some people who have played the same amount of time as me, and took the same exact who are geared to the teeth. I would at least like to know the reason why some people get !@#$ on, and others get super geared. You guys need to at least implement a system to where if you don't get loot for a while, there will be a bad luck reward system and it will give you an upgrade.
*Gets Eye Cancer*

Paragraphs.
"Its better to be lucky than good."

-Ion
These exact same issues happened in every single expac. BC in no way gave more loot than BFA.

Also:
09/05/2018 08:23 AMPosted by Vaell
You guys need to at least implement a system to where if you don't get loot for a while, there will be a bad luck reward system and it will give you an upgrade.

Something I got from freaking world quests was better.

??????
I have questions.

Were you so upset you forgot to use spacebar?

Does your keyboard work 100%?

Do you have a sight problem?

Do you ever review your posts before hitting submit?

Are you just in some fascist cult group that denounces the use of the spacebar underlord?

Intrigued~
I don’t understand - you’re 345, that’s almost as high as you can go for mythic 0s. Some people are a little higher because of titanforges, but we’re talking like a 3 ilvl difference
Its because activision wants us to quit. Wow isnt making enough money let alone fund a decent expansion so they came out with one last cash grab xpac for the fanboiz in hopes of getting more subs, too bad they timegated everything and made the one feature that attracted players a rep grind. Rip wow you will be missed.
I find it really hard to empathize with someone with a 355 weapon when I have not seen one single weapon drop for ret pally

Not WQ

not heroic

not mythic

not emmisary

nowhere.

So tell me again how RNGebut hate you?
09/05/2018 08:28 AMPosted by Dork
These exact same issues happened in every single expac. BC in no way gave more loot than BFA.

Also:
You guys need to at least implement a system to where if you don't get loot for a while, there will be a bad luck reward system and it will give you an upgrade.

Something I got from freaking world quests was better.

??????

Not sure what expansion you played, but I never had trouble getting loot from dungeons in BC. I got a piece of loot every time I did a dungeon in BC, whether it was an upgrade or not, I got one.
Didn't realize I was posting a book report for a college professor. Sorry I failed you !@#$s.

09/05/2018 08:31 AMPosted by Zoojitzu
I have questions.

Were you so upset you forgot to use spacebar?

Does your keyboard work 100%?

Do you have a sight problem?

Do you ever review your posts before hitting submit?

Are you just in some fascist cult group that denounces the use of the spacebar underlord?

Intrigued~
Been playing since day one of this expansion, and finally yesterday got to ilvl 330.

I get gear from my one mythic and most of heroics.

My issue is the utter lack of weapon drops. And when they do, the RNG is for blood not frost...even WQs.

I've had to buy one weapon from the AH; the previous was 266 or something. I was so happy with my 1H drop early on in heroic, but its been a few weeks and rarely anything beyond helms and leggings since then.
I don't understand why they did this. Literally every expansion has had some form of getting loot when rng doesn't go your way. You could always use badges/craft an item and if all else failed you could pick loot from pvp. Now even the pvp rewards are rng this is so bad.
09/05/2018 08:36 AMPosted by Vaell
09/05/2018 08:28 AMPosted by Dork

Also:

??????

Not sure what expansion you played, but I never had trouble getting loot from dungeons in BC. I got a piece of loot every time I did a dungeon in BC, whether it was an upgrade or not, I got one.

So what exactly is your complaint? There are dozens pieces of non-upgrade loot available to you through world quests.

There are substantially more options for you to try getting upgrades than ever before. You are guaranteed loot out of your mythic + chest, you can chain run mythic + for gear, PvP is viable for PvE upgrades, there are four difficulties of raids available to you, and even normal dungeon loot can titanforge.

To try and pretend that BC had more loot options is absolutely bananas.
Sure we have a lot more opportunities to loot. But what good does that do if you don't get any loot. The world quest drops aren't upgrades. Yeah you're guaranteed one piece of loot at the end of the week for mythic. But what good does that do if the majority of the time it will probably be a piece that isn't an upgrade. Haven't got to experience the loot chests yet, so I can speak on them too much.
They revamped the loot system in wow I guess in legion. I haven't played much in the past few years, but ever since they changed it to a single loot system, I have seen a huge drop in loot drop chance.
09/05/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Vaell
Sure we have a lot more opportunities to loot. But what good does that do if you don't get any loot. The world quest drops aren't upgrades. Yeah you're guaranteed one piece of loot at the end of the week for mythic. But what good does that do if the majority of the time it will probably be a piece that isn't an upgrade. Haven't got to experience the loot chests yet, so I can speak on them too much.
They revamped the loot system in wow I guess in legion. I haven't played much in the past few years, but ever since they changed it to a single loot system, I have seen a huge drop in loot drop chance.

You literally mention getting an upgrade from WQs in your original post.

And your argument about not getting loot is entirely anecdotal. I get, on average, one piece of gear per dungeon. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Looking at your gear, rng has been plenty kind to you.
RNG is trash this expac. getting AP as the only reward for grinding dungeons is annoying, even more so annoying is that WQs offer awful rewards. im Sub spec, and Outlaw gear keeps dropping for me, awful stats on items keep dropping. i actually had more gear traded to me that were upgrades then i have gotten gear myself. my best items im wearing were either bought off the AH, or traded to me, or i got REALLY lucky form WQs. Its really dumb, and raiding with forced personal loot is not going to make raiding feel worth it. Beautiful zones, and great story, but blizz is missing the mark in rewards and decent content :\
09/05/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Vaell
I haven't played much in the past few years, but ever since they changed it to a single loot system, I have seen a huge drop in loot drop chance.

I think the above was a big adjustment for a lot of people. Personal loot makes it feel like bosses never drop anything, even if statistically you are getting gear at the same rate. It feels bad seeing nothing drop from a boss (unless you take a look at what the rest of the party gets). Even when I did UBRS for the thirtieth time on my rogue and didn't get Dal'Rends blade, or Cata era ZG for the twenty-fifth time with no bow from Jin'do, or Halls of Reflection the sixteenth time without a trinket dropping for my wife's priest, seeing some kind of reward pop in the loot interface makes you feel like you've accomplished something.

I've largely gotten over that now because I'm used to how the current system runs, and instead I just try to celebrate when others get lucky. Having a 345 ilvl is not too shabby though my friend, but hopefully the RNG will treat you more how you like it in the future.