MW mana issues in mythic+

Monk
Im not sure if its just me but i did m ToS yeaterday and the last bost literally had me running on fumes at the last few percent. I am definitely not overhealing, and understand full well how to optimize my spell usage. Either way, we got a +2 key and went for alta dazar. It felt completely unmanageable, between the group wide cleave and my BrM tank really chunking (ilvl 340 i believe), i was constantly expended, it felt like check mate.

Does the situation improve with a 10 more item level? Are MW known to have issues with mana? Or is this just a flat out l2p issue? Ive been healing in mmos for over 12 years and have played since vanilla and monk since their inception, and this seems the most stressfull its been in a while.

*shrug
Make sure to have mana potions/water on you at all times. Drink any chance you get and catch up with rolls/etc. Yes it will deff get better the higher ilvl you get, there are 2 world bosses up now and also a quest since yesterday when you log in that can get you an item at 340. Im not sure what your haste/mastery are as you are logged in mostly ww stuff but more gear with those stats can help.

That last fight is a little more challenging and I also did it pretty much at the same Ilvl as you did. The first pug I got was very bad with mechanics and they ended up drawing out the phases longer than needed. ( not focusing one tentacle and not using cannon asap )

If the tank isnt in melee range of the one mob you will also all take lots of aoe dmg. DPS need to free the cannon repair guy asap, Anyone in the water too long will also get grabbed by another tentacle that can be killed but will make things harder/longer. Our guild had one dps keep killing the tanks tentacle while the rest freed the repair guy and it seemed smoother than that first pug I did.

There is also a dispel in this dungeon. People need to move away BEFORE you dispel it.

So it really depends on your group and how you are healing. The damage was manageable at that ilvl and it is doable but if your group takes way too much dmg you are going to OOM. It also depends on how you are healing and if you are casting too many EF/Vivify when not needed. People need to avoid the smashes and use defensive stuff as much as they can to help. Soulstones/health stones are also good. You can also help dps on the times where no one needs nay healing. ( I know this fight specifically there is less time to do that but any bit helps even if its just to get your monk debuff on the tentacles )

If you cant make proper use of mana tea too you might wanna grab Lifecycles. I found the global on it made it very hard to use in a pinch in dungeons but is easier to plan out in a raid setting. If the darkmoon deck is cheaper on your server you can alsp pick that up, though itll be more useful for raids. It can still help though if you have gold to dump or that profession.

I dont think you should do m+ till you at least get better gear ( +10 ish ilvls ). It might be do-able but if you are having trouble covering mistakes in mythic0 you prob deff need the gear or a group that is amazing with mechanics, stuns and their abilities.
Do you have the dark moon trinket ?
09/05/2018 10:18 AMPosted by Kegsmash
Do you have the dark moon trinket ?
i do not. :/
09/05/2018 10:16 AMPosted by Hadhit
Make sure to have mana potions/water on you at all times. Drink any chance you get and catch up with rolls/etc. Yes it will deff get better the higher ilvl you get, there are 2 world bosses up now and also a quest since yesterday when you log in that can get you an item at 340. Im not sure what your haste/mastery are as you are logged in mostly ww stuff but more gear with those stats can help.

That last fight is a little more challenging and I also did it pretty much at the same Ilvl as you did. The first pug I got was very bad with mechanics and they ended up drawing out the phases longer than needed. ( not focusing one tentacle and not using cannon asap )

If the tank isnt in melee range of the one mob you will also all take lots of aoe dmg. DPS need to free the cannon repair guy asap, Anyone in the water too long will also get grabbed by another tentacle that can be killed but will make things harder/longer. Our guild had one dps keep killing the tanks tentacle while the rest freed the repair guy and it seemed smoother than that first pug I did.

There is also a dispel in this dungeon. People need to move away BEFORE you dispel it.

So it really depends on your group and how you are healing. The damage was manageable at that ilvl and it is doable but if your group takes way too much dmg you are going to OOM. It also depends on how you are healing and if you are casting too many EF/Vivify when not needed. People need to avoid the smashes and use defensive stuff as much as they can to help. Soulstones/health stones are also good. You can also help dps on the times where no one needs nay healing. ( I know this fight specifically there is less time to do that but any bit helps even if its just to get your monk debuff on the tentacles )

If you cant make proper use of mana tea too you might wanna grab Lifecycles. I found the global on it made it very hard to use in a pinch in dungeons but is easier to plan out in a raid setting. If the darkmoon deck is cheaper on your server you can alsp pick that up, though itll be more useful for raids. It can still help though if you have gold to dump or that profession.

I dont think you should do m+ till you at least get better gear ( +10 ish ilvls ). It might be do-able but if you are having trouble covering mistakes in mythic0 you prob deff need the gear or a group that is amazing with mechanics, stuns and their abilities.
for sure, thanks.
09/05/2018 11:00 AMPosted by Sahbin
for sure, thanks.

Sorry that was kinda long. It does get better though, helps once everyone in group knows the dungeon/mechanics too.
Herro, the recipe for having an easy last boss is.. having a dedicated dps on toads. The disease they apply and the consequential damage snowballs very fast. Dispels and heals eats a massive amount of mana.

The tank should be moving from hexer to hexer as soon as it's down for the sake of efficiency.

The most important part. After killing hexers, one of them will drop a nice shiny ball. Puts a healing buff on boss. Do not take it before all the hexers are dead. Hexer = no heal for the boss in the middle = wasted buff from shiny ball.

I've always found that proper toad management just makes that boss stupid easy.
It definitely gets better with more gear, especially with things like Ephermal Recovery azerite traits. But your build helps a ton and a smart group does also.

Right now dungeons feel best to me with Mist Wrap, Lifecycles, Dampen Harm, Tiger Tail, Statue/Crane, and Upwelling. Mist Wrap, Lifecycles, Statue, and Upwelling all work together to either boost healing without mana cost or to simply lower the mana cost of your two main spells, which is exactly your goal. Mana tea doesn't work as well in M+ for me, could just be me, but weaving heals just feels better. I like Upwelling because it makes Essence Font more mana efficient, if you can channel it all, and gives us longer uptime on the HoT for the double Mastery procs, all of which is free healing for the original mana cost. I also rotate FB and Dampen Harm to keep the pressure off myself and also use Leg Sweep every pull I can.

I'll switch out Statue for Crane on heavy AOE fights where the extra CD is needed but I did try running it in a +2 and liked being able to drink while I let the crane heal through some trash.

Above all that though is your group. If you aren't using stuns/interrupts constantly and you and your tank using your CDs reasonably, it will be rough no matter your gear.
Your party is probably slacking off and don't know the fight mechanics which is making them take way more damage then they should. MW aren't known to have great mana efficiency but if your not overhealing and aren't undergeared it shouldn't be a problem.

If it's a guild group then make sure everyone knows what they're supposed to do. If it's a pug group then just pray the next pug is better lol.
Just did some of the bosses in the first raid last night and i was blowing thru my mana faster than a kid eating his Halloween candy..To be fair it was basically my first raid ever, but on some attempts of vectis i was basically oom before boss even hit 75%

I know for me it's a L2P issue, i kept trying to heal EVERYONE. I didn't have any meters going cause my details decided to quit yesterday but i'm hoping the more i do it, the easier it will be
A brewmaster put Ring of Peace on me to keep toads off last ToS run.

Worked really well.
09/05/2018 04:29 PMPosted by Denize
A brewmaster put Ring of Peace on me to keep toads off last ToS run.

Worked really well.

This is what I do too.