Refute some false claims

War Mode and World PvP
Some people have been claiming that the alliance feeling outnumbered is due to their lower tendency to form group. Another claim is that alliance actually outnumber horde on the horde continent. So I did some testing.

I find a Champion of Azeroth WQ, and joined every listed group in the group finder for custom PVP around that WQ. In every single one of them, horde outnumbered alliance, regardless of our group size.

From what I see, horde consistently outnumbers alliance on high priority world objectives. At some low priority world objectives alliance may occasionally outnumber horde.
Check the server Misha and all realms linked to it, it's Alliance dominated.

While you're at it, check MoonGuard and Wyrmrest Accord. I want to say it's about even, but Alliance slightly out numbers Horde. Just the other day, on Misha, there was a World Quest for Mining in Voldun and I was leveling my hunter. I decided to go over there, and there was a small group of Alliance camping the node, (6-7 of them).

On MoonGuard, a similar scenario happened near a herbalism world quest, where 10-11 alliance were camping the spot. There were several other hotspots, such as near the Tortollan camp, as well as towards the pirate skeletons.

You're checking the wrong shards, that or joining the same ones. I'll admit though, Horde does generally outnumber Alliance on the other shards, but the servers I mentioned are in fact Alliance majority.
09/03/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Alphon

While you're at it, check MoonGuard and Wyrmrest Accord. I want to say it's about even, but Alliance slightly out numbers Horde. Just the other day, on Misha, there was a World Quest for Mining in Voldun and I was leveling my hunter. I decided to go over there, and there was a small group of Alliance camping the node, (6-7 of them).

On MoonGuard, a similar scenario happened near a herbalism world quest, where 10-11 alliance were camping the spot. There were several other hotspots, such as near the Tortollan camp, as well as towards the pirate skeletons.

You're checking the wrong shards, that or joining the same ones. I'll admit though, Horde does generally outnumber Alliance on the other shards, but the servers I mentioned are in fact Alliance majority.

Everywhere I go im outnumbered , even tryed to server phase on 5 diffenrent server this morning , all 5 server had 10 horde for 1 alliance.
09/03/2018 09:30 AMPosted by Mölsondry

Everywhere I go im outnumbered , even tryed to server phase on 5 diffenrent server this morning , all 5 server had 10 horde for 1 alliance.

Again, it's the sharding. The sharding is messed up honestly, some server shards have Horde dominant, and some server shards have Alliance dominant.

Until they fix the sharding, I'm afraid it's either find the right server or turn off War Mode, as sucky as that sounds. Currently, I'm leveling a Void Elf, (as much as I hate void elves, but their racial is great) on Bleeding Hollow named Nohpla, and I haven't had troubles with Horde while questing. I'll occasionally get the rogue who comes by to try to kill me, but my Void Elf is a priest, so no problems here.
09/03/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Alphon

Again, it's the sharding. The sharding is messed up honestly, some server shards have Horde dominant, and some server shards have Alliance dominant.

Until they fix the sharding, I'm afraid it's either find the right server or turn off War Mode, as sucky as that sounds. Currently, I'm leveling a Void Elf, (as much as I hate void elves, but their racial is great) on Bleeding Hollow named Nohpla, and I haven't had troubles with Horde while questing. I'll occasionally get the rogue who comes by to try to kill me, but my Void Elf is a priest, so no problems here.

The point is that horde dominant shards significantly outnumber alliance dominant shards. 2 is some, 99 is also some.
And I should clarify that I’m playing on a non-RP server. So far the RP servers seem to be separated from non-RP ones so if you quote data for RP servers then it’s irrelevant
09/03/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Windburrito
And I should clarify that I’m playing on a non-RP server. So far the RP servers seem to be separated from non-RP ones so if you quote data for RP servers then it’s irrelevant

Misha and it's linked servers are not RP servers. There are likely more servers like Misha that are Alliance dominated, maybe some the smaller servers, but I can't confirm.

It's not unlikely though that there isn't more non-RP servers like Misha that are Alliance dominated. Half of the complainers on the War Mode forums are from high populated or full realms, but there are many more servers that are Medium or Low population, and we haven't heard feedback from those servers.
09/03/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Alphon

The extra Horde numbers are necessary in restraining the alliance from scratching and hitting us with their purses.
Quoting population sizes is also meaningless, as the Alliance seems to be populated with people who aren't interested in pvp in the least.

The Horde /always/ outnumber the Alliance in war mode. Alphon, you might have the worst luck, or I flat out don't believe you.
09/03/2018 11:18 AMPosted by Sélta
Quoting population sizes is also meaningless, as the Alliance seems to be populated with people who aren't interested in pvp in the least.

The Horde /always/ outnumber the Alliance in war mode. Alphon, you might have the worst luck, or I flat out don't believe you.

Worst luck? No no, my server, Skullcrusher, is most definitely Horde dominated. Actually we get zerg groups of Alliance, but those don't last long.

Misha was the very first server I played on back in TBC, with my first toon ever, which is a Hunter, being on that server. I recently started to level him again, with War Mode on by the way, and I can tell you that it is Alliance populated.

I'm not in any way saying that there aren't more Horde in general for War Mode, but it is true that most of the complainers you see about Alliance being outnumbered come from High populated realms or Full realms.

Misha isn't a high population or full population realm. It's about Low/Medium. Because it's mostly Alliance dominated, I want to say that maybe other Low/Medium population realms are also Alliance dominated, or at the very least balanced, and we don't hear anything from those servers.

Seriously, every, "Alliance outnumbered!" thread you see, check the realm, and check on WoW what it's population is at. I can guarantee you, 70% of the time, it's high population.
09/03/2018 11:39 AMPosted by Alphon
09/03/2018 11:18 AMPosted by Sélta

Worst luck? No no, my server, Skullcrusher, is most definitely Horde dominated. Actually we get zerg groups of Alliance, but those don't last long.

Misha was the very first server I played on back in TBC, with my first toon ever, which is a Hunter, being on that server. I recently started to level him again, with War Mode on by the way, and I can tell you that it is Alliance populated.

I'm not in any way saying that there aren't more Horde in general for War Mode, but it is true that most of the complainers you see about Alliance being outnumbered come from High populated realms or Full realms.

Misha isn't a high population or full population realm. It's about Low/Medium. Because it's mostly Alliance dominated, I want to say that maybe other Low/Medium population realms are also Alliance dominated, or at the very least balanced, and we don't hear anything from those servers.

Seriously, every, "Alliance outnumbered!" thread you see, check the realm, and check on WoW what it's population is at. I can guarantee you, 70% of the time, it's high population.

Hmmm. That's a good point. I'll wait to see if there's any corroboration on that idea, because I recently server transferred to Dalaran of all places specifically for the high population. They all went Horde (I am reluctant because I just don't like Horde) and I just can't take it any more. I'm seriously considering going my own way and looking for a low pop server if only to experience a balanced shard.
I've gotten 5 bounties this afternoon. 2 were solo but the other 3 were at a WQ where a Horde raid were wiping all the solo Alliance in sight. Threw together a fast group of all the people I'd seen trying to complete the quest and being ganked, not a single person declined. Wiped the Horde raid and collected the bounties. It's a lie that Alliance won't group up and fight back. Too many pessimists in the warmode forum.