Will M+ Cheats Be punished?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Will the M+ teams that cheated this week by using bugged key drops be Punished or will they get a Advantage of max level weekly M+ box loot.
Uh..those bugged keys weren't done, someone accidentally started a lvl 11 waycrest with me, and the non elite trash put me in stagger after 3 hits. No one could do the bugged keys atm.
09/06/2018 05:11 AMPosted by Luminaires
Uh..those bugged keys weren't done, someone accidentally started a lvl 11 waycrest with me, and the non elite trash put me in stagger after 3 hits. No one could do the bugged keys atm.

11s are getting done.
16 is the highest done so far not in time but they finished it.
Ya they are getting done. Not in time but they still count. If everyone started with a 10 or higher key I would be ok with that. It's not exactly the easiest thing leveling from a 2 to 10 key this week.

Groups are dragging their corpse through 10 key for 385 next week chest.
I wouldn't say punished but I think weekly chest keys should be capped at a maximum of +8 or +9 for next week and the loot rewarded should be capped at 875 or so. A solid majority of the +10 keys done were not earned in a legit manner.
There are teams legit doing +10's and higher They should be rewarded for there work and skill. But the cheats should not get an advantage everyone of those team was well aware of the bug and exploited it.
Plus 10’s are being done but those are with folks in top elite world guilds.

7-8 is about where I feel comfortable putting up to.
This is probably a tricky thing for blizzard to deal with, but using a non-legit key to get a gear advantage is an exploit like any other. I have seen people grind to a legit 10, so it is possible, but it took hours and hours of dungeon grinding to get there. The solution would have to punish the people who exploited without punishing those who actually put in the effort. I would hope blizz has a way of tracking that, but AFAIK there hasn't been a blue post about it.
09/06/2018 08:13 AMPosted by Landarie
This is probably a tricky thing for blizzard to deal with, but using a non-legit key to get a gear advantage is an exploit like any other.

What are they supposed to do?

It's not their fault Blizzard gave out the wrong keys. It's not like they can ask for a different one either.
10's are doable this week even if you have to push the key. Best I can see them doing is capping the chest to a +5 reward.
yeah some people are going to get some +10 loot from bugged keys in their chest no biggie I care alot more about the people that got bugged keys in the 11-15 range that will get another +10+ key to spend 4 hrs in without having to build it up. Best thing Blizzard could do is make all keys out of next week chest cap at like +5 if you're good enough to get it to 10 then your grp has to run a extra 5 man or 2. If you're not then you dont get to corpse run for hrs to get more loot and have the problem keep going for a few weeks.
09/06/2018 10:21 AMPosted by Aewendil
09/06/2018 08:13 AMPosted by Landarie
This is probably a tricky thing for blizzard to deal with, but using a non-legit key to get a gear advantage is an exploit like any other.

What are they supposed to do?

It's not their fault Blizzard gave out the wrong keys. It's not like they can ask for a different one either.

I mean blizz did fix it a few hours later. Deleting your key would then give you a new +2 at the end of a dungeon. But people chose not to do that and instead do the 10s without grinding the key up there. I honestly dont know what Blizz intends to do, if anything. It does kinda suck, but next week we can get gear up to 370 so will be easier anyway.
I’m far from an elite player this xpack and we did a 10 in 40 minutes last night
09/06/2018 05:59 AMPosted by Jitka
I wouldn't say punished but I think weekly chest keys should be capped at a maximum of +8 or +9 for next week and the loot rewarded should be capped at 875 or so. A solid majority of the +10 keys done were not earned in a legit manner.

What are you basing this claim on? I did one +10 this week and while it sucked it was eminently doable.
09/06/2018 08:32 PMPosted by Noxana
What are you basing this claim on? I did one +10 this week and while it sucked it was eminently doable.

The fact that people got +10 or higher keys without actually grinding them out?

People doing +10s on Tuesday or Wednesday more than likely did not legitimately earn that +10 key. Whether or not a +10 was possible, the determination factor should be did you complete a +9 in time this week.
Someone shared a +10 waycrest with the group I made to do my +7 and we completed it without using "cheats". We just played well and now you want to punish us...? For playing good?
09/07/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Sunaelina
Someone shared a +10 waycrest with the group I made to do my +7 and we completed it without using "cheats". We just played well and now you want to punish us...? For playing good?

Probably. Yes. Was the 10 earned or gifted by the grace of a blizzard bug?

If you had completed the 7 within the +3 time and did the 10, then that's different.
09/07/2018 09:22 AMPosted by Jitka
09/07/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Sunaelina

Probably. Yes. Was the 10 earned or gifted by the grace of a blizzard bug?

If you had completed the 7 within the +3 time and did the 10, then that's different.
There isn't anyway I could of known that.
09/06/2018 07:11 AMPosted by Aerbota
Plus 10’s are being done but those are with folks in top elite world guilds.

7-8 is about where I feel comfortable putting up to.

Maybe these are the ones being done in time, but anyone can do a +10 if they are willing to spend 2 hours CCing every mob in the dungeon.