What's the Current Status of the Frostwolves?

Story Forum
It occurs to me, after having leveled a shadow priest through Cataclysm Hillsbrad, that after the Frostwolves said "Screw you Forsaken!", I've never heard of any follow up to the Frostwolves' status. The Garrosh's representative swears that the (then) Warchief would hear of their "treason"....

But nothing ever really comes from it. Garrosh never responds to it in the story. Hell, I don't think the Frostwolves ever reconcile with the Horde in the actual story, even after Garrosh was deposed. Does that mean they've left the Horde? Are they still in the now-Alliance dominated Eastern Kingdoms?

Did I miss something?
It was never explained.

I assume Cromush sent a missive to Garrosh informing him that the Frostwolves refused to aid the Forsaken, at which point Garrosh probably sent Drek'thar a nice gift basket.

Seriously. There's no way Garrosh would have cared about them doing that at all.
Drek'Thar has shown up since then, and he's still Horde by the looks of things since he was in this quest: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:A_Royal_Audience_(Horde)

I guess they're still just hanging out in AV? Like Gavik said given Garrosh's treatment of Sylvanas in Silverpine I can't really see him punishing Drek for feeling that way.
08/31/2018 06:52 PMPosted by Reignac
Drek'Thar has shown up since then, and he's still Horde by the looks of things since he was in this quest: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:A_Royal_Audience_(Horde)
But he was adamant against the Forsaken so much that he was willing to let the Horde suffer a crushing defeat in Hillsbrad... How is he remotely okay with Sylvanas, the leader of the Forsaken, being Warchief?

I kinda feel like Drek'thar is there in his capacity as a battleground leader.
I've been asking about the Frostwolve's status since Cataclysm. As far as I can tell, Blizzard just dropped this narrative thread completely.
I think they just honestly forgot about hillsbrad in general. All that might be important is south shore.
Maybe when/if Thrall returns he'll bring the Frostwolves with him? He can have Nazgrel by his side, too.
After years of fighting over a frozen hell hole in a middle of nowhere. The frostwolves and the dwarves produced a truce and they now spends their days drinking together by the hearth.
08/31/2018 08:38 PMPosted by Rothiron
08/31/2018 06:52 PMPosted by Reignac
But he was adamant against the Forsaken so much that he was willing to let the Horde suffer a crushing defeat in Hillsbrad... How is he remotely okay with Sylvanas, the leader of the Forsaken, being Warchief?

I kinda feel like Drek'thar is there in his capacity as a battleground leader.

I went back and checked the screenshot I had of the NPCs that gathered around during that quest and Drek'thar doesn't have his wheelchair so they definitely just grabbed him from AV because pvp and didn't think much more of it.
Who?
Here’s what I’d like to see:
The Frostwolves never needed support from the Forsaken for food or anything like that, but they find themselves quite surrounded by enemies, particularly the Hillsbras Worgen. Eventually, that curse gets spread to the Orcs. However, they don’t have the support of Night Elf Druids, and I’m not sure the Scythe of Elune is what it used to be. Instead they turn to their Shamanism, communing with the Spirit of the Wolf they’ve always felt so close to. Thus is born the Allied Race of Ghost Worgen (not unlike the shaman spell, but they all turn into spirit textured worgen).

One other thought, independent, if Thrall’s not gonna go back to being War Cheif, and he’s not leading the Earthen Ring, maybe he can at least lead his clan. Drek’thar dies peacefully of old age, but his parting words are for Thrall to orc up and Be chieftain.