Shamans in Uldir

Shaman
09/06/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Macmurphy
I've been trashed on meters by every other healer spec so I'm not sure what you guys are smoking to think resto is fine...

Yeah after doing 5/8 of heroic Uldir, I'm kind of feeling this. I do have quite abit more healing surge use in my parses compared to some of those posted, but the damage in heroic with 30 people is quite high at the moment.
09/06/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Macmurphy
I've been trashed on meters by every other healer spec so I'm not sure what you guys are smoking to think resto is fine...

A few details would be nice. What bosses/issues are you having with the spec? We may be able to help. I haven't seen anyone definitely blow up the meters yet although we have had healers run 16k for fights but everyone was pushing big numbers like that on those fights.
I was at ilvl 337 compared to most people at at least 340.

I was getting beat in dps by hunters, mages and warlocks depending on the fight. Overall did ok but we aren't a mythic guild.
Healing middle of the road but working well on 6/8 normal.and 4/8 heroic .. mistweaver and R druids stroking everything right now .

My Ele dps was okay usually top 8 in a 13 dps grp on the 3 bosses I used it on. Never felt too weak .
09/06/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Gnarlhorn
Healing middle of the road but working well on 6/8 normal.and 4/8 heroic .. mistweaver and R druids stroking everything right now .

My Ele dps was okay usually top 8 in a 13 dps grp on the 3 bosses I used it on. Never felt too weak .

My team is pretty heavy on Priests, most times they would Double Halo and Slam the AoE Heals each drop and my totems just felt too slow compared to the preemptive healing spells.

What gets me is... I get we're brought for utility, but most our utility can be done better by others. For example most times people prefer to have mass dispel > purge when it comes to removing offensive buffs. It's just too slow in comparison, for example the adds on Zul. Granted I'm still plopping down Tremor like there's no tomorrow, even if it's not getting much use due to the mass dispel. :/

We got Spirit Link totem though, but I hate feeling like It's my main usefulness.
Resto is okay, but undertuned compared to other healers. I'm holding my own in Uldir but can't compete with holy priests or mistweavers in output. It would sting less if resto wasn't bottom tier for mythic+.