WHY ARE FLASKS SO CHEAP?

Professions
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
09/01/2018 04:34 AMPosted by Flutterdash
Forums complain about lack of anchor weed, but reality doesn't prove that at all.

Or it proves the bots are out gathering.
09/01/2018 06:39 AMPosted by Xalea
If you haven't noticed, professions are a disaster in BfA and will remain so for at least the next two years. It takes only a matter of hours to max out any of the professions, and with people having tons of alts from Legion (for class mounts, etc) they have an entire army of crafting alts available to them.

In other words: professions are too easy, meaning tons of people are flooding the market with herbs/ore and crafted items. When there is more supply available, the price goes down. Economics 101.

It's weird, not only are professions easy, but they are utterly useless outside of enchanting, inscription(scroll buffs), JC and alchemy.

Not exactly sure what the dev team was thinking with this expacs professions.

Suggestion to fix crafting globally:

All professions should have BOE gear 5 ilvls below the heroic raid with 2-5 gem slots each(not rng, depending on item piece like legs would have 5 but rings would have 2).

This would make every single profession in the game useful, especially jewelcrafting.

This is how FF14 does their crafting, and it's very successful, relevant the entire expansion in every single raid tier, and doesn't invalidate raid gear
09/01/2018 04:21 AMPosted by Waammbulance
People are desperate for gold and dumping for low prices.

Buy them.

Wait for raids and mythic+ to start.

Resell for 4k+.

Someone clearly understands capitalism.
Because people are too busy selling mounts and gear that'll be replaced not too long from now for $200-600+ worth of gold.

All professions should have BOE gear 5 ilvls below the heroic raid with 2-5 gem slots each(not rng, depending on item piece like legs would have 5 but rings would have 2).

This would make every single profession in the game useful, especially jewelcrafting.

This is how FF14 does their crafting, and it's very successful, relevant the entire expansion in every single raid tier, and doesn't invalidate raid gear

Let's not... free gear is bad, and yes craftable equals free without limited supply mats.
09/01/2018 06:39 AMPosted by Xalea
If you haven't noticed, professions are a disaster in BfA and will remain so for at least the next two years. It takes only a matter of hours to max out any of the professions, and with people having tons of alts from Legion (for class mounts, etc) they have an entire army of crafting alts available to them.

In other words: professions are too easy, meaning tons of people are flooding the market with herbs/ore and crafted items. When there is more supply available, the price goes down. Economics 101.

I have no idea what professions you leveled but Enchanting for one was not possible to lvl up in a few hours - most of them in fact aren't. Only the gathering ones are.
Flasks are 2.8k on my server , i farmed herbs for 6 hours & bought about 50k worth of anchor weed to be able to make 100 flasks ( farmed about 140 anchor weed without warmode).
100 flasks 280k gold , what were you complaining about again?.
50k outlay , 6 hours of grinding to gain 48,000g an hour.
Youre complaining about the price of mats ? Get up off your backside and actually farm your mats for your gold.
Everyone just wants to afk at the AH , expect farmers to sell mats on the cheap so they can make all the gold , doesnt work like that kiddies.
09/01/2018 07:15 AMPosted by Flutterdash
32 slot bag's limiting factor is hydrocores and crafted 300 gear is pretty much trash.

LMAO where did I say anything about 300 iLevel gear? I said the 32 slot bags and the BOP gear. Who cares that Hydrocores are the real time gate? You still need the Satin. Why are you ignoring that?

If you level up Tailoring by making the Embroidered Satin you keep it to make bags and your two crafted pieces down the line. You don't sell it for 1% of the cost of the mats used to make it.
09/01/2018 07:31 AMPosted by Marabin
Stupidly swimming in gold.

As other people are complaining about being undercut. :)

Stupid and swimming in Gold is more accurate. If you sold the Herbs you gathered to make those Flasks and Pots you'd be making a much higher return. Or do you not realize that?
09/01/2018 05:49 AMPosted by Flutterdash

Sorry that I took the effort to level my profession? I get 1 kraken eye per like 50 storm silver, which runs an average price of 60-70g EACH on my server.

God forbid I make a 20% profit.

Gtfo with that !@#$

Because you're prosecting the wrong mats, everyone else is at fault?

It doesn't cost money to level a profession if you actually go out and pick the mats instead of buying them all from the other price gougers on the AH.
LMAO where did I say anything about 300 iLevel gear? I said the 32 slot bags and the BOP gear. Who cares that Hydrocores are the real time gate? You still need the Satin. Why are you ignoring that? If you level up Tailoring by making the Embroidered Satin you keep it to make bags and your two crafted pieces down the line.

And since you pointed that out, that's also why it sells for cheap on the AH. There's not enough use for it, and an excess of supply.

I need a mere 45 to craft both epic gloves+legs.

Here's another: because I gather, it's free person:

It doesn't cost money to level a profession if you actually go out and pick the mats instead of buying them all from the other price gougers on the AH.
09/01/2018 07:50 AMPosted by Annoyinglock
Everyone just wants to afk at the AH , expect farmers to sell mats on the cheap so they can make all the gold , doesnt work like that kiddies.

If you sold those Herbs you farmed you would have mae more Gold. That's the issue you seem to be missing.
09/01/2018 04:17 AMPosted by Flutterdash
It makes no sense that flasks are only 2.2k gold or so on my server. NO SENSE AT ALL.

I noticed this as well, if you're gonna sell flasks, might as well just sell the anchor weed and herbs separate, make more gold that way imo
09/01/2018 07:39 AMPosted by Flutterdash

Let's not... free gear is bad, and yes craftable equals free without limited supply mats.

No, this system works perfectly in FF14 and isn't "free". It's been tried and tested, it's a working functional system that does not invalidate any type of PvE content.

Beginning of Legion was essentially the same as this too,lol.
09/01/2018 07:55 AMPosted by Zootzoot
09/01/2018 07:50 AMPosted by Annoyinglock

If you sold those Herbs you farmed you would have mae more Gold. That's the issue you seem to be missing.

Nope the price of standard herbs on my server has drppped to about 21gold per herb overnight , i calculated the flasks to be more before i crafted them , sold them in tr ade chat all in 1 transaction.

At the end of the day , making more than your outlay is always a good day.
09/01/2018 07:54 AMPosted by Flutterdash
LMAO where did I say anything about 300 iLevel gear? I said the 32 slot bags and the BOP gear. Who cares that Hydrocores are the real time gate? You still need the Satin. Why are you ignoring that? If you level up Tailoring by making the Embroidered Satin you keep it to make bags and your two crafted pieces down the line.

And since you pointed that out, that's also why it sells for cheap on the AH. There's not enough use for it, and an excess of supply.

I need a mere 45 to craft both epic gloves+legs.

You're going to keep going at this aren't you? You need 90 for both but the real use is for the 32 slot Bags. You need 65 for the Bags. You can make 10 bags a week which is 650 Embroidered Satin.

Look I'm good with dumb people giving me a source of huge profits. I'm just pointing out the stupidity. Currently you can double dip. Sell the base Linen and Satin and then buy the Embroidered for a marginal amount and then eventually turn that Satin into 32 slot Bags.
09/01/2018 07:58 AMPosted by Annoyinglock
At the end of the day , making more than your outlay is always a good day

/shrug.

You need to factor in the time spent farming. Based on how you value your time if what you say is true about your server's herb prices I'd prefer to buy the mats in bulk and flip them for less overall profit for far less time investment.

But that's just me.

You're going to keep going at this aren't you? You need 90 for both but the real use is for the 32 slot Bags. You need 65 for the Bags. You can make 10 bags a week which is 650 Embroidered Satin.

No, I just need 45, gloves take 10, legs take 35.

Deep Sea Satin doesn't count, only embroidered.
09/01/2018 08:11 AMPosted by Flutterdash

No, I just need 45, gloves take 10, legs take 35.

Deep Sea Satin doesn't count, only embroidered.

So you don't want to make bags or are you going to ignore that part?
09/01/2018 04:24 AMPosted by Såtyr

Doesnt help that people don't know how economies work and they'll crash the price of something by undercutting by 2k.

My STR kraken eyes usually sell for 4-5k on my server and someone undercutted me by HALF and the price hasn't returned.

Why didn't you buy them and flip them before the price took such a nose dive? A good gold maker controls their economy right?