Taloc Mace Nerf

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 20 Next
Blizz needs to refund those people with a 355 weapon. If you cant trust the devs to not take gear away from you what can you trust? Why do we even have transmog weapons in loot pools anyway?

This really makes you look poorly blizz.
transmog weapons? i guess the devs are still developing for legion.

if you want to make transmog weapons why not just put a cosmetic tag on it like armor? and while we're on the subject can we please remove level requirements from cosmetic items?
09/06/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Rye
transmog weapons? i guess the devs are still developing for legion.

Exactly my thought. It was cool in Legion because your artifact weapon couldn't be replaced, but why keep it for BfA when weapon upgrades are badly wanted by people? If the item was item level 355, it would give a transmog. Why make it 120 just to be a transmog only? Makes no sense.
Why is there even a transmog version of an item that drops from the first boss of the first raid of an expansion??? And why is that transmog drop on the same Raid Boss?

Is it there to simply be a huge letdown you got the transmog version instead of the useable version. Even with it being on a separate loot table it is still a sucker punch.

What blizzard should do is remove the Transmog item from the loot table as it isnt needed and then change all existing Hammers to Ilvl 370 with socket and a huge apology for being so cheap and insensitive in the first place.

Step up Blizzard... I expected better from you.
09/06/2018 06:47 AMPosted by Érebus
09/06/2018 06:45 AMPosted by Kraedin
You dont even need to open a ticket. Use the item restore feature to get your old weapon back, you get 1 restore every 15 days.

That's not the point, they massively screwed it up by even having it there in the first place then compounded the failure by abhorrent customer service which they then only changed their tone after feeling the massive backlash from their woeful actions.

Yeah, it affected me none but I can see why people are upset by this. It's not so much that it was fixed, it's how it was fixed. Filing a ticket is all well and good, but that doesn't make how they handled it fine. There shouldn't be any ticket filing necessary, or so many bugs in the game right now for that matter.
Blizz, I love you.

But come one, dudes. This isn't even a once a week thing going on, y'all have been having to make "Oopsie! Lol" changes biweekly now since the game launch. Nothing has opened without some form of problem.

I'm feeling like a battered boyfriend at this point, I keep on saying "It'll be fine." when you tell me to come on back and that you love me.

It always happens the day after I spend money on a service like Dark Ironing my roster one toon at a time so I can feel extra dumb.

On top of this the Arena/BG forums are ablaze with apparent nerfs that went through mid matches and no matter what social media I hit up I can't find the patch notes anywhere so I don't even know what I want - or CAN - do when I get home.

C'mon dudes, you're better than this.
09/06/2018 11:22 AMPosted by Worgenomics
09/06/2018 06:41 AMPosted by Apentagram
it literally takes WEEKS of grinding to get a good weapon on your ridiculous game. then when players finally earn one, disenchant their old gear. The item gets nerfed.
Literally run a few Heroics and you have an acceptable raiding weapon for next week's run already. God.

Yah this isn't how it works at all.
Does a bonus roll token go against both the primary loot table and the secondary loot table? or do bonus roles roll against all of it? Or does it pick one of the tables to roll against?

My understanding is that the roll is against the table of stuff you can get from looting the boss.

If you got the transmog item, your reciept of it appeared as a "toast" as soon as the boss died and the item appeared in your inventory before you could even click on the boss corpse.

You probably can't bonus roll it, just like you can't bonus roll the mount or the scythe or taeselach. Think of it like the hounds or the sword from Aggramar or scythe from Argus or... is that where those used to drop? I forget.

And yes, I think it's extremely confusing and dumb that a transmog (of all things!) be on the very first boss. It's a bad decision, compounded by the fact that it had the wrong item level; even if it had been the RIGHT item level, imagine how gutted you'd feel to see an epic two handed mace in your inventory then realize it had a junky item level and stats. It's just a bad call all round.
I had the hammer and in all honesty just having it taken away sucks.
I'll be mad about it yeah, but I'm not going to quit and I'll continue to raid.
To get a big ilvl increase in weapon ilvl was sweet, so yeah i'm salty they took it.
There should've been some warning before hand, it's not like we couldn't see it in the dungeon journal before hand since legion prepatch.

I think y'all messed up. Legion had proper transmog weapons that were 930 etc.
I don't think y'all should've nerfed it down to 120/125 whatever.
I hope it'll be replaced back as a weapon of a proper ilvl.
No one lost anything here. If the tooltip had been correct it wouldn't have changed what you got, there just wouldn't have been this confusion.
meanwhile arena players get multiple 360s raining on them ;)

i thought it was pretty hilarious and uncalled for, tbh.
09/06/2018 12:56 PMPosted by Branduran
But come one, dudes. This isn't even a once a week thing going on, y'all have been having to make "Oopsie! Lol" changes biweekly now since the game launch. Nothing has opened without some form of problem.

Bro it's been happening at least once a day.

09/06/2018 01:08 PMPosted by Invictae
No one lost anything here. If the tooltip had been correct it wouldn't have changed what you got, there just wouldn't have been this confusion.

"IF" - yes. But guess what, it wasn't.
09/06/2018 06:54 AMPosted by Levíathan
Edit: I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anything or trying to marginalize people's frustrations. I'm just posting this for informational purposes.

09/06/2018 06:47 AMPosted by Popo
now have to go through the struggle of getting their last weapons restored if they in fact destroyed them + losing enchants that GM's WILL NOT restore no matter what.
GMs will restore mats/enchants in this particular case (and will manually restore a previous weapon even if a player's restoration us on cool down).

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20768617363#post-4

Everyone knows they will do this that's not the point. This bug along with the multitude of other bugs has amplified already present frustrations with BfA and the tone in which Blizzard responded to this shows they don't care.

Lack of transparency and apathetic devs has lead to a mediocre product.
This was (and still is) a bug, but our initial response to discovering the issue had unfair consequences for players who had innocently earned and equipped what appeared to be a great weapon. We’re going to revert the change and proceed with a new fix that only lowers the item level of new drops.

Once this fix is live, anyone who had earned the weapon before our original hotfix should find that it has been restored to its original glory. If you’ve since deleted the weapon after it changed, you can restore it via our CS tools or contact CS directly for assistance.
09/06/2018 01:08 PMPosted by Invictae

Maybe so but its a ridiculous system to begin with. Why bother making transmog weapons at all in current content when we don't have automatic bis legendary weapons? And even if we had legendary weapons just scale the "transmog" weapons or items to the same level of other items that drop. Why bother making the transmog bop pieces weaker to begin with??
09/06/2018 01:20 PMPosted by Ornyx
This was (and still is) a bug, but our initial response to discovering the issue had unfair consequences for players who had innocently earned and equipped what appeared to be a great weapon. We’re going to revert the change and proceed with a new fix that only lowers the item level of new drops.

Once this fix is live, anyone who had earned the weapon before our original hotfix should find that it has been restored to its original glory. If you’ve since deleted the weapon after it changed, you can restore it via our CS tools or contact CS directly for assistance.

Waiting for people to still find a way to complain about this.
09/06/2018 01:20 PMPosted by Ornyx

=0
09/06/2018 01:22 PMPosted by Vorlith
Waiting for people to still find a way to complain about this.

Give it a few minutes.