Taloc Mace Nerf

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 20 Next
When your entire development team consists of CandyCrush personnel because your real employees are working on other projects and can't be bothered to fix WoW
#Feelsbadman
09/06/2018 08:58 AMPosted by Airc
09/06/2018 06:51 AMPosted by Volsungasaga
Blizzard, do the right thing and refund these people with the ilv355/ ilv370 weapon.

They got no loot from the boss, in reality. This weapon was a bonus that didn't cost them their chance at other loot. In fact, a player could have received both this transmog weapon and the "real" weapon.

In the end, it is really crying and wanting to quit because you got no loot from the first boss the first week of the raid.

We don't actually know how the roll worked in the background. The item showed in the loot table with current raid stats. Blizzard messed up there, so who is to say they did not have it on the actual table as opposed to the tranmog one. Don't know either way, but we can't say it is one way or the other.
09/06/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Khlorós
09/06/2018 08:58 AMPosted by Airc

They got no loot from the boss, in reality. This weapon was a bonus that didn't cost them their chance at other loot. In fact, a player could have received both this transmog weapon and the "real" weapon.

In the end, it is really crying and wanting to quit because you got no loot from the first boss the first week of the raid.

Does a bonus roll token go against both the primary loot table and the secondary loot table? or do bonus roles roll against all of it? Or does it pick one of the tables to roll against?

It "should" only be on the primary table. The transmog items should not be involved in the bonus. We don't know for certain what it did here.
09/06/2018 09:05 AMPosted by Tobiás
09/06/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Khlorós

Does a bonus roll token go against both the primary loot table and the secondary loot table? or do bonus roles roll against all of it? Or does it pick one of the tables to roll against?

It "should" only be on the primary table. The transmog items should not be involved in the bonus. We don't know for certain what it did here.

Sounds like a job for weaponized autism, to the secret finding discord to uncover this!
Also, to be very clear, I would never quit over a screw up like this. But, I would definitely be pissed about it.
09/06/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Frustrating
Billion dollar company

Where does it all go?

To shareholders.
09/06/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Khlorós
09/06/2018 09:05 AMPosted by Tobiás

Sounds like a job for weaponized autism, to the secret finding discord to uncover this!

We need Metokur to go down the rabbit hole. If he can keep any of his channels up at least.

Or maybe PopBob or something along those lines.
So, is there still a weapon with stats that can drop as well as the transmog? Or is the usable weapon completely gone? I was happy to see an obtainable weapon with decent stats early on in the raid.
09/06/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Tobiás
The item showed in the loot table with current raid stats

No, it does not. The item that shows in the loot table is not the transmog version. They have similar, but different names.

Khor, Hammer of the Corrupted is the normal one and is shown on the loot table with proper stats. Can be won via bonus roll or looted from the boss if you get it as your loot. Khor, Hammer of the Guardian, on the other hand is the transmog version and does not show up on the loot table in the encounter journal.

The transmog version is auto-looted to players who get it, unlike normal loot which must be looted from the boss.
First, the mythic+ itens fiasco, now this

I honestly don't get how some people are so DENSE to defend this game, or be ''haha quit the game then :)''
Im just surprised how this expansion IS SO BAD that it makes WoD looks good.

Won't bother to reach 120, i heard you must farm rep to do some quests or something like that, i'd rather play otaku fantasy 14 instead of this mess, at least i can play as a cute cat girl and listen to some good music
09/06/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Hoovtastic
When your entire development team consists of CandyCrush personnel because your real employees are working on other projects and can't be bothered to fix WoW
#Feelsbadman

Wow, someone didn't get hired for one of the Blizzard job postings and decided to empty the salt on the forums!
#UpdateyourRésumé
And here i am getting more mace/axe/fist weapon WQs insted of gear for the specialization i am set to, with a dagger i bought off the AH, and one that was traded to me because i keep getting screwed over with RNG.

Had that been a huge dagger upgrade that just got nerfed into the ground, id probably be fed up enough to take a break.

BFA is beautiful so far in terms of zones and story but rewards are lackluster and im already burnt out on WQs, iv been doing WQs all of last expac, and thats the only way to get rep still, dungeons are far more tedious and the rewards for doing them are pretty trash after getting screwed over with RNG. Progression raiding is no longer worth the time/effort when the forced personal loot will screw me over again and again.

i feel you OP, im just hoping Blizz shapes up and fixes these issues.
09/06/2018 07:55 AMPosted by Ssleak
09/06/2018 07:51 AMPosted by Noras

Why cant it be a unique model and a standard piece of gear meant to be used?

I clearly needed a sarcasm tag since people cant see what is obviously a joke.

The nerf was stupid and Blizzard is completely in the wrong for thinking this 1) needed a transmog version when there were already 4 others versions of the same model in the game 2) Nerfing it after people already got it and used coins/it took the place of other drops.

People are stupid, the sarcasm is pretty obvious.
none of you threatening to quit are going to do anything other than whine here and pay your $15 next month so shut up about it.
09/06/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Gifu
You didn't deserve it, it was a bug. Too bad so sad. The integrity of the game is more important than a small lucky minority feeling good.

Or they could have just left it as is and say, our bad, guess this is now a playerbase wide bonus. Instead they had people get excited, had no indication in the UI is was meant to be cosmetic, and then nerfed it.

This is not an integrity of the game issue. It was normal statted for the difficulty it dropped in, not some over powered piece that threw off balance.
09/06/2018 06:41 AMPosted by Apentagram
I received a 360 mace from a new raid boss: 2 hours after the new raid released.
24 hours later. this was nerfed to item level 130, while i was still wearing it.

it literally takes WEEKS of grinding to get a good weapon on your ridiculous game. then when players finally earn one, disenchant their old gear. The item gets nerfed.

The lack of common sense and respect for players in this situation is appalling to say the least

This was a brand new raid that drops BASE LEVEL 355+ gear.
And they nerfed a weapon down to 130 item level because
"our mistake it should've never been there"

ask yourself. with LFR, Normal, heroic, and mythic transmog versions of this weapon. Why would we as players, want a 5th transmog version added to the loot table. at only 1/3 the item level?

The bind on equip greens from this same raid drop at 266 item level,
TWICE the level of this mace.

YES, in legion there were transmog weapons available. BECAUSE there were free ARTIFACT WEAPONS BIS.

There is no such thing here.

It is another unfortunate mistake in a series of unfortunate mistakes but quitting over it? I doubt it. You'll either stay or there are other reasons too.
09/06/2018 06:41 AMPosted by Apentagram
this was nerfed

I wouldn't say it was nerfed. As blizzard said it was intended to be transmog only
It's a bit of a bummer but dial back the outrage. The only reason any of you received this weapon at all was because its drop rate percentage reflected the idea that it was supposed to be a transmog ONLY weapon. Consequently, a huge portion of the player base received this weapon from both normal and heroic difficulties - and, considering that a weapon is just about the most important upgrade a player can receive, this would have had huge ramifications on mythic progression next week.

You're welcome to be a little peeved but any reasonable person would conclude that Blizzard was entirely justified in their actions.
09/06/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Khlorós
Thats the point, if people knew that, i guarantee it would effect their choice, a bonus roll should NOT be rolling against a cosmetic loot table, ever.

So you want bonus rolls to be better than a normal kill? Or do you want bonus rolls to have a lower chance of getting something, but if they get something its non-cosmetic?
09/06/2018 09:23 AMPosted by Ssleak
not some over powered piece that threw off balance.

It sounds like its drop rate should would have.