People who earned allied races in Legion...

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 Next
This is the bazillionth thread on this.

Post reported as spam.
09/03/2018 06:39 PMPosted by Akaru
Stop trying to take away rewards from gameplay that isn't exactly the most enjoyable to begin with.

Stop trying to justify game play that isn't the most enjoyable to begin with.
I quit playing during Legion about a week after the Nighthold went live. Enough time to unlock this character, but with no chance of unlocking Draenei and Elves.
Legion was, in my opinion, so bad that it was going back in time and erasing fun I had in previous expansions, so the chances of me unlocking those races is slim.
I've accepted it, but I'm not happy about it. Requiring late expansion rep grinds from a previous expansion to access features introduced in the current expansion is a terrible idea.
It took me about an hour to clear the world quests in legion now it probably takes 30 minutes. Want allied races fro ma previous expac you got to go back. Just like i had to go back an do anglers for a mount.
It's an interesting twist on the discussion, I will give you that. But I still disagree. Allied races are prestige rewards. It is supposed to take a while to get them. Those of us who earned the rep while current were dealing with an at level zone. You guys doing it now are getting the same reward for far less effort.

It's either worth it to you or it isn't.
09/03/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Collice
...were also earning huge gear upgrades in the expansion's premier "catch-up" zone. They were out there doing fresh new content with relevant rewards, doing stuff they would have been doing with or without the allied race reward tied to it.

So in short, we got rewarded for staying subscribed and completing content, and you want the same reward? Go farm that rep.
09/04/2018 02:16 AMPosted by Heniferlopez
09/03/2018 10:47 PMPosted by Malict
Yeah, companies hate retaining paying customers.
No, companies like that. Which is why catering to those who are more than likely going to leave anyway given their pas history, is a bad idea. You're better off focusing on the customers who did stick around for the entirety of an expansion and giving them things to do. They're the ones who are going to stick around paying subs. The "I took a break for 2 years" crowd obviously didn't enjoy Legion, so what makes you think they'll enjoy BfA? They probably won't, which means in 2 months they'll take another long break. If anything, the rep gating of allied races is keeping those players around for a much longer period than if they'd just been handed them at 110.

09/04/2018 12:03 AMPosted by Physicorum
You know there's something substantially wrong with the current content and direction, when there's VISIBLY more people doing !@#$ in Argus, than on any map in BFA.
It's almost like BfA and Legion use different sharding/phasing...

09/04/2018 12:25 AMPosted by Orbarren
In case it needs to be reiterated, a mount isn't a playable race.
No, but it IS a cosmetic item than is likely a reskin of a pre-existing item.

DKs and DHs come with transmogs and mounts and have no rep requirement, only level requirements
To twist your own words: "A playable class is not a cosmetic race".

Argent tournament rep wasn't required to play a panda in MoP.
Neither was Exalted with Booty Bay. Oh, sorry I thought we were just naming reps that had nothing to do with anything.

09/04/2018 01:08 AMPosted by Nephis
Oh I don't know, because it's outdated?
How can content that still pertains to a reward that players obviously care about be classified as "outdated"? If the reward is relevant, so is the content.

09/04/2018 01:34 AMPosted by Nephis
I'm sure you've noticed we don't run the old raids or dungeons.
Loads of people still run that content. There's so many xmogs, toys, pets, titles, mounts and achievements from them. The players that want those cosmetic items are more than happy to go do those things. Also Timewalking is a thing that directly pushed us into old raids and dungeons... Players have been asking Blizzard for a decade to give us a reason to go into previous expansion content, and now that we finally have a good enough one the players are having a cry because they have to put in the minimal amount of effort.

Ok we'll take it one by one

1. You don't understand sarcasm.

2. Who cares.

3. A playable race isn't a cosmetic item, it's a playable race. Let me know when they introduce the ability to gear up a horse and raid using said horse, because at that point it would be playable.

4. Twisting someones words doesn't prove your point at all. Your sentence also doesn't have anything to do with what I said and doesnt even make sense on its own. It's a fallacy, and a bad one.

5. The argent tournament was brought up by the person I was responding to. The point was that rep from Wrath didnt have anything to do with unlocking anything to do with the next expansion, which was... you guessed it - MoP!

6. Nothing in the zones that the rep is farmed in pertains to the current expansion. The gear is useless, the mats are useless. Nothing you do there will help you progress the actual character that is doing the farming if that toon is max level. The only thing that has been given meaning is the old rep, which, for the thousandth time, has never been used as a requirement to unlock content in a NEW expansion until now. Thats the problem. Allied races were marketed and sold as BFA content. THAT IS THE ENTIRE POINT OF THIS THREAD.

7. If you think for just a few seconds about this one you might realize that the person meant that we do not need to run organized raids of old content. There are no max level 40 man pug groups being set up to run Molten Core, because it is totally outdated and something that you can farm on your own. It's not a group activity, it's a personal hobby. Timewalking is different because it gives gear that is appropriate to your current level, whatever that level is. I'm not sure why that even needs to be explained.
09/03/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Collice
They were out there doing fresh new content with relevant rewards, doing stuff they would have been doing with or without the allied race reward tied to it.

Yup. It was a preorder incentive. They paid, and they played. I did not. That's life.
I'm currently working on getting 100 reps to exalted. It is a grind, but it is one that I chose to do myself, because the reward made the activity worth it. Just like The Beloved title made it worth it.

Do you know what getting 100 reps to exalted means? It means I've had to go back and do old content to get their reps up. I did not get Emperor Shaohao to exalted back when it was current. I made the choice to go back and do it, even though it was no longer relevant, and it certainly wasn't fun. But I had decided it was worth it, and now I have a shiny new mount for my troubles, and am closer to achieving 100 exalted.

There comes a time where you have to step back from the game and realize that you are not forced into doing anything. You look at the reward, you decide if you want it badly enough to do what is required to get it, and then you either do it or you don't. Take personal responsibility for what you do with your time in WoW. A playable race is a big reward, but it is not keeping you from playing the game if you don't have it. Everything that you can do on an Allied Race, you can do on a normal race.
Guess what: i started grind the allied races since 8.0 started and I finished all of them last Sunday. Except in the first days (while I did all of the regions quests), you just need for everyday spend 15 min - 1 hour to gameplay to farm the reps: do the emissary quests (you can do 3 at the same time, look), do the weekly quests on Argus and use your Order Hall mission that gives you tokens (500 rep with an faction and 1500 with other OR 1000 rep with an Argus faction). Use the rest of your time playing BfA. You will finish Legion Pathfinder also too.

Nightborne are the easiest one, you just need to do their quests.

And, look, I am almost a new player. I started playing in the begining of Legion (and didn't played Legion because as a new player I have a lot to explore and don't want to spend money on Legion while I have the rest of the world to know).

A new player doesn't care with allied races, everything is new, so 1 thing being locked on the beginning will not make them upset.

The problems with the allied races are the adversiting that Blizzard made with them, because as someone that are not playing will not seek more details to how to get them. And the only argument Blizzard will hear will be make the rep change from Exalted to Reverend.

But if you unsub just because of that, WoW it's not for you, because if you had your allied racechar at lv 120, what would you do, if you think everything sucks?

And the complains about everything being time gated it's because of WoD, they learned that they could not give everything to the player or else they will do everything quickly and play other game.

Look at me, in less than 2 months I finished all of the quests that Legion offered (except the quests in Karazhan and Silithus). And it's not their fault, it's a LOT of content.
I wasn't earning any gear. I raided heroic ToS so none of the Argus gear was worth anything to me. Still got my reps done.
This whole "because it's outdated" is a lame argument that can apply to anything that a person wants but doesn't want to put the effort into earning.
I have the rep reqs completed for the first 4, but have no plans to create any of them. New races just seem like a terrible draw to me, I don't even have all of the old ones. Much easier to design than a new class then sold as a big change in the game. To me they're just like mission tables, easily designed and it takes time to consume giving the appearance of actual content.

I wouldn't care if they gave them out like Halloween candy, but I think that's the reason that they're not. Maximizing their return on investment, it's the new WoW.
09/04/2018 03:26 AMPosted by Valados
I wasn't earning any gear. I raided heroic ToS so none of the Argus gear was worth anything to me. Still got my reps done.

Ya, because it was the current expansion, because it was year 2 of legion and there wasn't much else to do, because those quests still could get you legendaries, because those weekly quests gave currency that could possibly help you get a god damned upgraded archano crystal lol. By the time the BFA pre launch was announced anyone who was just normally playing could have been revered. No one is arguing any of this is hard to do. Its just a waste of time when all that other stuff is meaningless.
The people who lie and say it only took 2-4 weeks are only undermining their other claims. It took me 2 months to get Exalted with the Argus reps, and their emissaries seem to pop less frequently now than they did then.
To be honest I think Legion content should be modified to make it more accessible at this point. They should probably make it easier to get the reps needed for the allied races... and they should probably also further nerf some of the requirements for the class hall quests and class mounts. Namely removing any kind of group related content from them (dungeons, invasions, etc...) since nobody will be running those anymore.

TBH Blizzard should probably do a "design and story pass" over all the old content and expansions to update things so they flow better. Make it so you can more or less complete the plotlines you run into as you advance from 1 to 120 and have things make narrative sense. For a new player coming in the game in it's current state is a giant mess.
09/03/2018 09:57 PMPosted by Orbarren
You never asked me a single question.

Are you seriously kidding me with that?

[quote]Was Blizzard milking us for sub money when they introduced the Netherwing Drake grind? The Argent Tournament stuff? For literally everything else in the game that takes time and effort to earn?

So none of this !@#$ was advertised as features of the next expansion.

Next.
09/03/2018 11:39 PMPosted by Liadria
Re-quoting this because you entitleds have yet to give an answer to this, and you really should.

<span class="truncated">...</span>

The thing is, things should never have gotten to this point in the first place. Rep grinds have always had a place in WoW, but they were NEVER used to gate off content like races. If the content was fun to begin with, Blizzard wouldn't have to worry about players not doing it. Instead of trying to make it more fun, their answer was to gate dungeons, races, and flying.

They can have awesome items like mounts, cosmetics, titles and pets tied behind large grinds and that's fine. The problem is now they're adding things that in the past, would've just been made available to everyone. I don't understand why people always need to feel like special snowflakes in this game, there's nothing hard about mindlessly grinding out rep, it's just boring. Imagine being a new player and seeing all these awesome races, then learning what you have to do to get them. It's just a complete turn-off.
I mean if "has never been done before" is enough excuse I guess we should go back to the days of leveling taking 5 to 6 days played yo get to 60 (minimum), because it never got made easier. Guess we should gate all raids behind atunements. Be cause we had them for mosr raids. (until we did remove them). See how stupid your logic is?
Better remove transmog and LFD as well. Didn't have those.

And where was all this concern for new players back when death knights went live? Oh got to level to 55 to unlock them.

Funny how much concern there is of late for new players.

May Be just May Be they will realise they are rewards for those who put the time and effort into then.

Maybe if people get back to remembering that mmos reward long term players and those who put in the time and effort we can May Be get back to the days of everyone remembering that mmos rewards aren't supposed to be built around instant gratification.

This new (post B.C.) player crowd really is all about the me. Me. Me.
09/04/2018 03:09 AMPosted by Yvette
Legion was, in my opinion, so bad that it was going back in time and erasing fun I had in previous expansions, so the chances of me unlocking those races is slim.
What was it about Legion that made you leave? What is it about BfA that makes you think you'll stick around more than one raid tier?

09/04/2018 03:18 AMPosted by Orbarren
A playable race isn't a cosmetic item
Does it change the way you play your class? No? Yeah, it's a cosmetic.

The argent tournament was brought up by the person I was responding to. The point was that rep from Wrath didnt have anything to do with unlocking anything to do with the next expansion, which was... you guessed it - MoP!
The expansion after WotLK was Cata. My point however was that it's stupid to compare reps that are relevant to the allied races with a rep that isn't associated with any race in the game.

Nothing in the zones that the rep is farmed in pertains to the current expansion.
Except the allied races. You can't make the argument that they should be free because they're BfA-advertised content while also claiming that they're not BfA content.

09/04/2018 03:41 AMPosted by Orbarren
By the time the BFA pre launch was announced anyone who was just normally playing could have been revered.
So what's the issue again? Oh, that you stopped giving Blizzard money for a lengthy period of time and that you now expect Blizzard to hand you rewards... At this point, the ones who don't have the rep haven't even been playing since BfA launched.

09/04/2018 04:57 AMPosted by Felene
So none of this !@#$ was advertised as features of the next expansion.
True, but then again this is far from the first time an "on-the-box" feature was left out of the game (or in this case simply didn't have the requirements removed). I'm looking at the WotLK box right now, and it mentions 'exciting aerial PvP combat'. Several years later and we're still waiting on that...

Want the allied races? Suck it up and spend a minimal amount of time playing extremely easy content for a few weeks.
Perhaps add a vendor in the respective embassy that lets you buy care packages with war resources that gives rep on use. Give it some flavour text saying it's to help rebuild after legion.
The grind is still there, it's just moved to current content.