So it is true? BFA is the new WoD.....

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
I’d like to think they’re going to right the ship. Yeah a lotta people are annoyed at the current state of affairs. Myself included but it’s no reason to quit especially after I just came back. This is our beloved game that most of us have played on and off over the better part of over a decade. We all wanna see it do well.
09/04/2018 10:47 AMPosted by Siyara
I'm starting to seriously believe that this group of devs were brought in to intentionally sunset the game, and the horrid lack of quality control the last couple of weeks reinforces that suspicion.

They just don't seem to care about WoW anymore.

Blizzard makes its money off Hearthstone and other microtransaction games now, I guess they see WoW as too much of an investment for not enough return.
BfA's issues are with its systems, not its content. That makes it different from WoD from the start. On Blizzard's side, this is a completely different issue. Although I notice the "excellent leveling; problematic end-game" pattern of WoD.
09/04/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Årcadius
09/04/2018 12:36 PMPosted by Zurradin

New zones, dungeons, world quests, allied races, war campaign....

Just because it's not content you don't want, doesn't make it not content.

Nothing fundamentally new about the zones, dungeons, world quests, allied races or war campaigns. War campaigns are garrison 3.0. Allied races are regular races with a different skin color.

Regular races.

That you have to farm for. Wooo pretty cool 'content' right there. Let me slam my #@%###!* in a cardoor while I'm at it.
09/04/2018 04:05 PMPosted by Méo
BfA's issues are with its systems, not its content. That makes it different from WoD from the start. On Blizzard's side, this is a completely different issue. Although I notice the "excellent leveling; problematic end-game" pattern of WoD.

wot? leveling in bfa is awful. the worst it's been. mostly due to the atrocious scaling and lack of new talents/upgrades for each level
I'm starting to seriously believe that this group of devs were brought in to intentionally sunset the game, and the horrid lack of quality control the last couple of weeks reinforces that suspicion.

Blizzard makes its money off Hearthstone and other microtransaction games now, I guess they see WoW as too much of an investment for not enough return.

It's an interesting question I certainly find it difficult to believe that nobody on the dev team though to even check and see if progress would carry over.
ugh
The various stopgates put into place to slow us down right now are so ham fisted that it actually feels like we are being punished for playing right now. Early legion was crap too though mind you, and legion didnt have the pretty zones that BFA has but it still dosnt change the fact that playing right now feels like a near literal waste of time.
09/04/2018 04:16 PMPosted by Rchrd
09/04/2018 04:05 PMPosted by Méo

wot? leveling in bfa is awful. the worst it's been. mostly due to the atrocious scaling and lack of new talents/upgrades for each level

Lvling is the best it has ever been (story wise), scaling is great (as I do not enjoy facerolling everything that moves) and as for new talents... a new button that basically does exactly what my other buttons do is not really a big deal for me.
Bfa has content

They dont have to sunset the game when it wiser to go F2P and ride off the IP till the earth ends. The game already feeling like a bad F2P game with grinds and timegates, so just speed them up with a cash shop and call it a day.
I consider BFA to be worse than wod.

Game isnt fun if classes arent fun to play therefore amount of content is less relevant.

Blizzard made over a quarter of a BILLION dollars on BfA sales alone, I'd hardly call that not much of a return on their investment. On top of that they're making a killing on subscription fees, tokens, race changes, boosts, they're hardly losing any money on WoW.
Makes you appreciate just how good Legion was. #1 xpac for me
09/04/2018 04:26 PMPosted by Beezlebubba
Bfa has content

My toilet also has content after I'm done taking a dump.
One guy in arathi was talking about building up my base with wood/stone and I just cringed hard and got flashbacks from WoD.

I wasnt really paying attention though lol.
BFA is feeling worse than WOD
09/04/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Ricoshæ
the "Sparkle Kitty" dilemma

You said sparkle and kitty.
YOU HAVE MY ATTENTION! O_O
No.
09/04/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Jeklith
It's like the Curse of the Star Trek Sequels.

Well, then this expansion should be a slam dunk since it equates to Star Trek 8, which is First Contact. ^_^