The heritage armor lvling sucks

General Discussion
I don't get why people always use the "They are not forcing you to" argument. Yes they kinda are forcing you. If you want this you must to x, y and z. There is no option other than to level if you want the armor. So yes they are forcing you into that one option to get the armor. There is no other way to get it so you are being forced to level. Using "they are not forcing you to" right off that bat is just a way to not have to think about the argument because you are to lazy.
I’ve actually been enjoying leveling this character as opposed to doing stuff on my 120 characters. It’s nice change of pace being able to run around in the open world without having everything scale to your ilvl and feel like a damage sponge.

I am however now reaching the dreaded 60-80 bracket and hope things don’t slow down too much. I personally would like for all pre-cap zones to scale so it could truly be a play where you want while leveling system (then break it back up into brackets based on expansions again after you hit cap so you can go back for easier farming and whatnot... maybe even have it as toggle-able option similar to how you can turn XP gains on and off). As it stands at the moment I think I’ve completed maybe 5 or 6 zones for the 1-60 bracket and just wish I could remain in Kalimdor or Eastern Kingdoms instead of having to move into Outland or Northrend if I don’t want to eventually deal with terrible XP gains. As much as I do love some of the zones in Outland and Northrend it does feel like a bit of a waste that I’m leaving so much of Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms untouched just because I’ll eventually have to move from them if I don’t want my leveling to slow to a crawl.
09/05/2018 07:38 AMPosted by Gingysnap
I don't get why people always use the "They are not forcing you to" argument. Yes they kinda are forcing you. If you want this you must to x, y and z. There is no option other than to level if you want the armor. So yes they are forcing you into that one option to get the armor. There is no other way to get it so you are being forced to level. Using "they are not forcing you to" right off that bat is just a way to not have to think about the argument because you are to lazy.

Hey, you are forced to run ICC if you want Invincible. Blizz what the hell?

You have to play the game to get cosmetics, imagine that. Would you prefer a huge cash shop a la Fortnite?
I leveled one nightborne and one void elf, makes you appreciate heritage armor, I never transmorg before, now I am wearing my heritage armor all day long, maybe forever
It's really not that hard, I even offer an actual solution. It took me 1 day 21 hours and 12 minutes.
09/05/2018 03:25 AMPosted by Failheritage
Oh good 2 that don't get it and make jokes. congratz on getting reported for trolling.

Oh, people get it all right. No one is forcing you to do anything. You want heritage armor? Then earn it. Don't enjoy leveling at all? Find a game where it's not a core element. Also, good job on reporting people for correctly pointing out that you're being silly.
09/05/2018 03:46 AMPosted by Iirissa
Your mistake was to run dungeons.

Dungeon XP pales in comparison to questing XP, and friends with 2 person mounts can help you with questing as they can fly your around and questing xp is not reduced by being in a party unlike mob xp.

Also, currently XP gain is balanced around heirloom gear. You need heirloom gear to equate to normal xp gain. Which will get you from 20-110 within 80-90 hours of questing.

Oh, and only run dungeons you have quests in. Otherwise do not bother with the dungeon.

80-90 hours of questing with heirlooms and monk buff? That sounds ridiculous.
09/05/2018 07:58 AMPosted by Eyrinjia
09/05/2018 03:25 AMPosted by Failheritage
Oh good 2 that don't get it and make jokes. congratz on getting reported for trolling.

Oh, people get it all right. No one is forcing you to do anything. You want heritage armor? Then earn it. Don't enjoy leveling at all? Find a game where it's not a core element. Also, good job on reporting people for correctly pointing out that you're being silly.

I wanna earn it at end game not via leveling which I already have max lvl everything except druid. Why can't you understand there is a need for a second option here. I have proffesions, achieves and rep gains on all my characters. Leveling another char close to max lvl for a mog set is by far the most idiotic thing blizzard has put into the allied race feature. It's great for new players who are playing BFA. it's beyond stupid for old players like me. Learn the effing difference.
09/05/2018 07:42 AMPosted by Warjuggs
It's really not that hard, I even offer an actual solution. It took me 1 day 21 hours and 12 minutes.

via pure questing?
You're not forced to level a character. Just take your time, let rested bonus build up for a few days, then level. The heritage armor is cool, but it's just cosmetic, it doesn't give you any inherent advantage in game.

It's not like you need heritage armor to get further in a raid or dungeon. Suck it up and stop complaining, leveling isn't that bad. It's a hell of a lot better than in classic.
09/05/2018 03:13 AMPosted by Failheritage
The heritage armor just revealed to me how the leveling experience is now trash beyond belief. Did wailing caverns just now as brewmaster pressing 3 buttons just staring at mobs not dying with things on cooldown. Mind you disc priest top dps for some reason. To top it all off the exp is garbage and I have full heirloom set with monk buff just to get this !@#$ overwith. How is this even fun for anyone? How can you ever introduce new players into this? this isn't wow, it doesn't even reflect 1/4 of it. This needs so many changes. Why force players playing at max level to grind this heritage armor set via leveling a new character only? What if I had all classes at max level? I'm literally running a new char to 110 just to delete him. How does that even make sense?

1. Heirloom buffed to 25% per piece. It has to be a giant buff. That gold sink was pointless now thanks to the leveling exp nerf that the game never needed.
2. Give players more buttons to press. This level restriction on abilities makes the entire low level experience not fun. It also helps players understand wtf interrupt it and how to manage single target and aoe situations with their class.
3. The fact that I'm forced to do this crap because of a heritage armor transmog is disgusting. A second option at end game HAS to be made for the heritage armor. Period.

You don't have to do any of this. Its for a prestigious set of Xmog armor.. Don't like the grind, don't to it.
Almost there
09/05/2018 07:17 AMPosted by Zehda
I went to Stone Talon mountain, completed the whole region in about 2 hours and leveled 8 times. You’re being a baby.

It gets substantially worse 60+ blizz made some adjustments to help with those levels but not enough. It's almost like hitting a wall.
There's a HIGH probability that the next xpac after BFA will include a full rework of the EK/Kalimdor zones, ala Cataclysm. I would guess these zones will also scale to at least 90, or even up to 100.
The argument that classic was worse for leveling is not really valid. It was the base game, in an age when MMOs were notorious for year-long grinds to achieve things. WoW was actually the casual friendly game at the time. Since then, they gave us flying, heirlooms, RAF, revamped 1-60 completely, pots to increase xp gain, and a variety of other ways to just boost yourself to max level quickly.

It used to take no time at all to just power to max in like a week if you didn't want to spend time seeing the 6 expansion packs worth of content. Then they added 60$ character boosts and slammed the brakes on leveling. To compensate, they give players transmog if they manage to level a character to legion level, do the rep grind for a new race, and than level that new race to max. SO REWARDING.

Either Activision needs to realize that it is not all about money (lol) or players need to accept that Activision only cares about milking the unkillable MMO.
the amount of people who come here complaining about being 'forced' to do something that is elective really makes me wonder about the unevenness of genetic evolution.
something i have not been able to bring myself to do yet, i plan to tackle nightborne, mag'har, and highmountain but its so painful i burn out so fast between juggling stuff on my main. Though, im sure i have spent longer grinding old raids for mog that i still havent gotten yet so its more of a rainy day thing for me. they do need to fix it soon though, its window licking levels of stupid that they nerfed leveling so much. i hope they buff heirloom XP soon
09/05/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Failheritage
09/05/2018 07:42 AMPosted by Warjuggs

via pure questing?

A mixture of dungeon till 44 or so. Then pure questing.
Dude that stuff is pure cosmetic. This is the stuff there should be grinds for.

There are way bigger deals to complain about that are actual game play affecting (unlocking the races themselves for instance).

This is not a valid complaint. Cosmetic should equal grind.