Worgen starting zone is broken beyond belief.

General Discussion
Looking to start leveling a worgen? Have fun in the starting area. Almost everything there is broken beyond belief. I can say for a fact that I should not be able to move horses that are on rails. I can say for a fact that worgen aren’t supposed to take 5 seconds before dying. I know the things on rails aren’t supposed to die suddenly. Where’s the fix?
/sips tea
It's been bugged for years, but new bugs are always welcome.
Report bugs. This is not the Bug Report forum.
My fave part of it (just went through a week back) was getting killed on the auto-horse run to save the guy from the tree. They killed the horse once I saved him and then me. Felt super heroic.
Just leave the starting zone as soon as you make the toon and go level in Elwynn Forest or Dun Morogh. Much better.
At least young trolls still have their racial leader. Vol'jin did NOT die, he sitting on Echo Isle, brooding.
09/03/2018 12:44 PMPosted by Nighdarke
Just leave the starting zone as soon as you make the toon and go level in Elwynn Forest or Dun Morogh. Much better.

How do you even do that?
09/03/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Mystraele

How do you even do that?
It's tricky but it can be done.
Think it involves a Goblin Glider.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

How do you even do that?
It's tricky but it can be done.

blizz intentionally left it possible. When Worgens were first introduced players were rolling Druid and leaving the starting zone and staying in human form with Druid abilities. So blizz made it where you will pop into Worgen form upon combat whether or not you did the quests to become a Worgen and gain control over yourself. They could have put up invisible walls to stop players leaving the zone instead, but didn't.

It's actually very easy to do, but you have to know how. There are videos on youtube showing you what to do, you don't need a glider but I would send a few silver to your new toon so you can pay for a taxi to SW once you leave the zone. Fortunately there is a mailbox right where your new toon zones in.
09/03/2018 01:35 PMPosted by Nighdarke
...It's tricky but it can be done.

blizz intentionally left it possible. When Worgens were first introduced players were rolling Druid and leaving the starting zone and staying in human form with Druid abilities. So blizz made it where you will pop into Worgen form upon combat whether or not you did the quests to become a Worgen and gain control over yourself. They could have put up invisible walls to stop players leaving the zone instead, but didn't.

It's actually very easy to do, but you have to know how. There are videos on youtube showing you what to do, you don't need a glider but I would send a few silver to your new toon so you can pay for a taxi to SW once you leave the zone. Fortunately there is a mailbox right where your new toon zones in.
if you leave the area and die using the stuck comand you appear in westfall and when leaving the gy area you become a lvl 1 worgen.
09/03/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Mystraele

How do you even do that?

There's honestly like 20 different ways of doing it at this point, and every single worgen i have on this account has been leveled out of their starting zone.

if you leave the area and die using the stuck comand you appear in westfall and when leaving the gy area you become a lvl 1 worgen.

It's a bit more involved than that, you have to reach the spot to "leave the area". But yes this is basically it.
09/03/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Rickrolling
and when leaving the gy area you become a lvl 1 worgen.

No. That is wrong. You become worgen by level 20.
An option for worgens and goblin's to skip their starting area and start in a different starting zone would be nice.
09/03/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Fiznazzle
09/03/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Rickrolling
and when leaving the gy area you become a lvl 1 worgen.

No. That is wrong. You become worgen by level 20.

You will become a Worgen after leaving the starting zone the first time you engage in combat. Or you should, there have been a few times this was delayed but it never took me reaching lvl 20.

09/03/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Sinkasumi
An option for worgens and goblin's to skip their starting area and start in a different starting zone would be nice.

Worgen can leave so that's ok. Goblins have to be summoned off the island and that sucks because sometimes you can't find a Warlock and two others to do it.

That's what I did :)
"We're sorry the worgen starting area is bugged. Fortunately, you can get around this problem by paying only $59.99 for a level 110 character boosted worgen. So we do not consider this game-breaking as there is a workaround available."
I like the Worgen and Goblin starting zones. They have pretty cool stories and the questing feels very involved and personal. In the other races' starting zone you just feel like a random nobody doing menial tasks.

But, it's good to have options; especially when the zones are riddled with bugs.