Getting Upgraded Azerite Equipment Feels Bad

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 16 Next
System sucks. Stuck with it. Blizzard don't care. They have your money.

Fix? Cancel Sub. Stop giving this company money, they are greedy pigs.
09/05/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Katahnkah
Coming from the end of Leigon with a similar resource (AP) and catch-up mechanics everywhere, this system feels so slow and clunky.

It does keep the players engaged (unhappily) striving for the perfect combo of ilvl and traits, which I suppose is a plus for blizzards books.
I thought artifact weapons were actually fun but I usually pick a spec and stick with it. It was exciting getting the next trait but it was punishing for those who liked to play more than one spec or class.
09/05/2018 11:31 AMPosted by Khlorós
09/05/2018 10:03 AMPosted by Pandocalypse
While I generally agree its not the greatest system in WoW to-date, many of these responses are over the top.

Makes you want to vomit? Literally the worst? Absolute garbage?
Guys if you're this upset about something take a break or a breather and worry less about min/maxing.

While this is true, whats so damn frustrating about this, is that at one point in time in wows history there was a system that not one person i can think of disliked.

Reforging and upgrading.

That system worked fine, in fact reforging was the best thing they ever had for loot because it allowed you to use any item that was a ilvl upgrade for you and you were not boned.

OH as a warrior i just got an item with vers and crit....well i cant at least turn the vers into haste so its not a total loss and an upgrade! Blizzard then arbitrarily removed it, for nothing more then reasons. I wold rather blizzard just nuke the AZ armor system, incorporate the powers into the necklace where as you level you unlock new abilities that you can choose from, keep the secondary stats on chest, shoulder, and helm, and just give us reforging back.

I hated reforging.

I hated reforging because I couldn't just look at an item and say "I should reforge crit to haste" for example. I had to get an addon that would do the math and tell me what to reforge. And every time I got an upgrade, that addon told me I had to reforge every item I was wearing because I was hitting softcaps. Reforging was a huge pain in the neck, and nothing more than a gold sink. Good riddance.

Azerite is not better though. Azerite is also a terrible system.
09/04/2018 02:58 PMPosted by Yeröc
The Azerite system is objectively, absolute garbage. Anyone who likes it is likely in denial. It is one of the most awkward systems I've experienced in this game.

The system is hot trash and only the terrible memories of blindly farming for RNG leggos and not getting the right ones is keeping me from calling it the worst, but it is in the top 2.
09/04/2018 06:05 PMPosted by Ék
I have to wonder why azerite armor of the same ilvl doesn't have the same necklace level requirement. Seems rather weird to have it so you have some rng on levels need on the same ilvl gear.

I think the intent of this is so that you can typically unlock a new trait every azerite level instead of unlocking them in chunks with gaps between.

*Meanwhile, my next level up will give me nothing anyway*
Bump
I do not get what most of you are complaining about, an upgrade is an upgrade.
The traits... well they are not the icing on the cake, they at best are the fancy writing on the icing on the cake.
None of them are gamebreaking, they are just a nice little bonus that if that piece of gear did not have would not be missed.
I just don't like the feeling of re-earning my traits over and over. It doesn't feel like progress because I don't keep any power-ups, it's like I'm earning the ability to wear higher-ilvl gear without losing something I already had.

Also dislike how I can go up an Azerite level and not unlock anything at all, depending on what gear I've gotten.

I used to feel excited (if a little burnt out at times) to earn Artifact power and level it up, but leveling up the necklace doesn't feel satisfying in the same way.
The power that derives from Azerite gear is mostly in their traits. The gear doesn't provide many stats outside of the traits you choose. When you are looking to optimize your build stacking traits is extremely beneficial. You have to think abstractly about "power" and ilvl, it's a different system but makes a lot of sense.
Its pretty lame, the idea I get - they want people that get better and better gear to continue to....grind and grind and grind. I just wish we didnt have to do the loot hunt, the ap grind 'and' the azerite trait grind.
09/05/2018 02:38 PMPosted by Delvarrieth

I hated reforging because I couldn't just look at an item and say "I should reforge crit to haste" for example. I had to get an addon that would do the math and tell me what to reforge. And every time I got an upgrade, that addon told me I had to reforge every item I was wearing because I was hitting softcaps. Reforging was a huge pain in the neck, and nothing more than a gold sink. Good riddance.

[/quote]

Addons are useful, but they make you lazy. You don't know enough about the game that you have to have someone else write an addon just to tell you "reroll haste for crit." Learning takes some effort but is highly rewarding and seperates you above the people who refuse to do so. :)
09/05/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Damonios
None of them are gamebreaking, they are just a nice little bonus that if that piece of gear did not have would not be missed.

Meanwhile, Enhance Shaman sims showing ~8.5% of our damage being from a specific raid trait.
09/05/2018 02:59 PMPosted by Jaqken
09/05/2018 02:38 PMPosted by Delvarrieth

[/quote]

Addons are useful, but they make you lazy. You don't know enough about the game that you have to have someone else write an addon just to tell you "reroll haste for crit." Learning takes some effort but is highly rewarding and seperates you above the people who refuse to do so. :)

Needing an addon to reforge was only a thing because of hit%, which is gone now anyway.
Yeah, the system they designed this time around doesn't feel good, at least right now. I imagine as gear acquisition slows down as we settle into the long raid tiers (vs constantly replacing gear through dungeons) it might feel a bit better - but those pushing M+ dungeons are probably going to experience this issue constantly.

I thinks this was a botched plan to give players something to "work towards" at all times so we don't just have everything unlocked 2 weeks into the xpac, but the fact that the mechanic just servers to take stuff away from us and then tell us to grind more to get it back sucks.
09/05/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Damonios
I do not get what most of you are complaining about, an upgrade is an upgrade.
The traits... well they are not the icing on the cake, they at best are the fancy writing on the icing on the cake.

So your argument is the gear is fine because it has no impact and does next to nothing? Sounds like you are also arguing the system sucks without even realizing it.

When the White Knights are attempting to make points that accidently also makes the system sound bad.... Its safe to assume the system is just bad at that point.

Well done my boy!
09/05/2018 03:03 PMPosted by Tetsubin
Needing an addon to reforge was only a thing because of hit%, which is gone now anyway.

Hit, Expertise, and DoT snapshotting, all of which are gone now.
Back to OT, Azerite gear only "feels" like a bad system if you don't understand how it all works in conjunction with itself.
What's fun is when you get an Azerite upgrade and lose DPS because its traits aren't as good as your old Azerite armor :)
The whole system just feels like they needed to do something and this is what we got. Especially since we lost tier sets which actually gave the classes identity to this poorly designed and implemented system of a carrot on the stick.
We want armor to be fun they said.

We want people to feel like they are unique they said.

We don't want it to feel like a daunting grind they said.

We want everything to feel fluid and streamlined they said.

We want to make sure everyone feels they are enjoying their class and the game they said.

I feel like they lied to me, kicked my cat, spit in my food, and stole my decorative plants.