Screw Aff, Destro feels so much better

Warlock
Hey i can sacrifice 1-2k dps on boss fights for 10-20k dps on trash in m+ every day of the week.
Demo feels great too if you can get some haste gear to knock your cast times down a bit.
yea affliction used to be ok in AoE trash fight during legion due to the immediate triple seeds of corruption dmg.

The dots cant even begin to do any meaningful dmg and they are already dead.

Check out my post "Everything that is wrong with DESTRO LOCK" I mainly talk about Destro lock in W-pvp / w-quest.
09/05/2018 04:58 AMPosted by Alasander
Demo feels great too if you can get some haste gear to knock your cast times down a bit.

Yeah my issue is Demo's ST is *alot* worse than destro i feel.
09/05/2018 05:09 AMPosted by Artistocratz
yea affliction used to be ok in AoE trash fight during legion due to the immediate triple seeds of corruption dmg.

The dots cant even begin to do any meaningful dmg and they are already dead.

Check out my post "Everything that is wrong with DESTRO LOCK" I mainly talk about Destro lock in W-pvp / w-quest.

Yeah Legion aff was nice, you had soul flame too which was a handy little addition at times.
why not both? i use destro for Mythic Dungeons and im planning to raid tonight as affliction.
As we get into higher keys aff aoe is going to probably be decent(depending on tuning) and boss dps will just get more busted than it is already lolz
Ok, you can "feel" good! I'll feel good seeing my numbers destroy yours. feelsgoodman.
Destro is a little less interesting than last expansion (we had a few more things to manage...), but it's still way more fun than affborington.
Affliction's already pushing ahead for higher level keys

The 10 I did last night is already proving that once things don't die in 5 seconds, Affliction cleave shines
I agree destro feels way better in mythics so far, but if legion taught us anything ramp specs are crazy good at high keys
yup im sticking with destro, I refuse to ever play affliction, i hate that spec so much, its the most boring warlock spec by far, i rather quit the game then play that crap spec
09/05/2018 09:18 PMPosted by Prail
yup im sticking with destro, I refuse to ever play affliction, i hate that spec so much, its the most boring warlock spec by far, i rather quit the game then play that crap spec

Agreed, applying and keeping track of 1 million dots is not my idea of fun
Anyone saying they're playing destruction because it's "more fun" is really just saying "I can't play Affliction in BFA"

Destruction is braindead.
09/06/2018 12:10 AMPosted by Wheeller
Anyone saying they're playing destruction because it's "more fun" is really just saying "I can't play Affliction in BFA"

oh yeah because placing dots up then afking until you have to refresh them requires so much brain power lmfaooooooooooo youre a delusional idiot to think affliction requires more brain power then destro, what a good joke hahahaha
Anyone saying affliction requires brainpower is really just saying ''I cant play any other warlock spec because I cant actually play casters and need my dots to do the work for me so I need to pretend that affliction is hard so I feel better about my choice on choosing the most easy and braindead warlock spec to date''

The Affliction rotation is literally more simple than its ever been wtf are you smoking?
09/06/2018 12:22 AMPosted by Prail

oh yeah because placing dots up then afking until you have to refresh them requires so much brain power lmfaooooooooooo youre a delusional idiot to think affliction requires more brain power then destro, what a good joke hahahaha
Anyone saying affliction requires brainpower is really just saying ''I cant play any other warlock spec because I cant actually play casters and need my dots to do the work for me so I need to pretend that affliction is hard so I feel better about my choice on choosing the most easy and braindead warlock spec to date''
I'm not trying to bash on any spec but in terms of paying attention to your dot cycle does require a nit more attention. Thus more brain power.

Affliction is SOOOOOOOOO BORING.
09/06/2018 06:24 AMPosted by Habitatt
09/06/2018 12:22 AMPosted by Prail
... oh yeah because placing dots up then afking until you have to refresh them requires so much brain power lmfaooooooooooo youre a delusional idiot to think affliction requires more brain power then destro, what a good joke hahahaha
I'm not trying to bash on any spec but in terms of paying attention to your dot cycle does require a nit more attention. Thus more brain power.

Eh, the other two have to hard cast spells to do anything meaning mechanics punish them way more. Instant cast dots and passive shard generation is the least punishing core mechanic of the lock specs.

Aff is pretty clearly the easiest and most effective.
09/06/2018 01:59 PMPosted by Dzdz
09/06/2018 06:24 AMPosted by Habitatt
... I'm not trying to bash on any spec but in terms of paying attention to your dot cycle does require a nit more attention. Thus more brain power.

Eh, the other two have to hard cast spells to do anything meaning mechanics punish them way more. Instant cast dots and passive shard generation is the least punishing core mechanic of the lock specs.

Aff is pretty clearly the easiest and most effective.

Aff is more complicated when you are maxing damage and not just dot and wait. You need to be placing UA on the right targets, avoiding shard capping etc. There is a massive difference in Aff when you play it right. In my opinion destro and aff are on par for complicated mechanics-wise, both have their niche requirements to max dps in a dungeon. ST they are both easy but there aren't many classes that are hard in ST. Neither are BM hunter easy though.