Uldir NORMAL feels too hard for Pugs

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
I mean...Zul was a total nightmare. Mythrax is a question mark. Every fight in there just feels really hard. When we won, we BARELY won...every time. I can't even imagine Ghuun. These are supposed to be tuned for 340 ilvl people. But it honestly just feels like heroic in difficulty. For a first raid, it's just too hard for normal. I realize difficulty is good, etc. But keep in mind that an average 340 pug with zero consumables should be able to clear normal with maybe 1 or 2 wipes per boss. That's not what is happening here. These bosses seem to be tuned at that level of difficulty if you are 355 ilvl. It's just way off. Did anyone else feel this way about their normal pug runs? (If you ran it with your guild and cleared everything, and want to brag, I don't care. I am talking about pugs clearing NORMAL mode.)

There are just so many pass fail mechanics. It really seems like they will kill pugs this expansion.

Edit: @all condescending elitist wannabe toilet bowl people: please read the bolded text above, kthx.
It was launched yesterday. There will always be raid tuning as the xpac goes on.
09/05/2018 05:04 AMPosted by Daladoren
It was launched yesterday. There will always be raid tuning as the xpac goes on.

The raid has been extensively beta tested. Why do they need to tune normal mode now? That's insane. This game was rushed out...
Then it will receive a nerf, let the stats reveal the truth
Its day 1.... come on.
Here's my experience from a PuG I joined in yesterday:

First boss: Easy
Second boss: Hard
Third boss: Easy
Fourth boss: Feels like a final boss that we wiped on for an hour straight

I'm at ilvl 342, fully enchanted. Didn't get any loot from the three bosses killed, sadly, but the fourth boss beyond, it spikes up dramatically.
Then it will recieve a nerf, let the stats reveal the truth

Have any of you even tried it yet? Go ahead. Try to pug it and then come back.

09/05/2018 05:06 AMPosted by Flashstone

I'm at ilvl 342, fully enchanted. Didn't get any loot from the three bosses killed, sadly, but the fourth boss beyond, it spikes up dramatically.

Those first 3 were hard enough, but are a total joke compared to Zul. You are right that it ramps up.

I just think it is completely unreasonable to have this level of difficulty for a NORMAL entry level raid. It should be tuned for 340 with no consumables and limited coordination.
09/05/2018 05:05 AMPosted by Monsterskill

The raid has been extensively beta tested. Why do they need to tune normal mode now? That's insane. This game was rushed out...

Another game is too hard thread... cmon. Games should be hard, raids should be hard.
09/05/2018 05:05 AMPosted by Monsterskill

We are the beta testers. Live is the new beta for blizzard, look at all the major mistakes they have made.
Only did first 3 bosses yesterday but I can at least say M.O.T.H.E.R is easy if everyone knows what they're doing.
09/05/2018 05:06 AMPosted by Flashstone

Vectis and Fetid Devourer can be done interchangeably. Which one did you do fourth?
I decided to avoid all group content that requires me to communicate this expansion and I was feeling a little guilty not even trying the raid last night. But this was a good reminder. I will just be happy with all my big loot upgrades in warfronts and let people struggle in the raids till LFR launches so I can silently play.
Keep in mind mechanics have changed slightly since beta and strategies are still being worked on. They fixed some ways to cheese a boss from beta to live. My raid got downed Zul last night

I dont expect even normal to be easily huggable 24 hrs into raid launch. With changes to how mechanics work they will have to do some tuning in the next few weeks.
I remember when people complained about raids being finished too easily/early, now it's the opposite. Funny how that wheel turns.
Guilds are your friends
The raid just launched, it should be hard. In a couple of weeks PUGs will be farming it.
09/05/2018 05:07 AMPosted by Latensify
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Another game is too hard thread... cmon. Games should be hard, raids should be hard.

omg I am talking about the tuning for PUGS. Those of you running with your guild can feel free to have a challenge in mythic and heroic. Normal is supposed to be tuned for people with limited coordination, no consumables, and 340 ilvl. That is NOT the case right now. Normal feels heroic in difficulty compared to past raids.

09/05/2018 05:09 AMPosted by Theramir
Guilds are your friends

Thank you for your useless comment.
looks like Blizzard its trying to kill pugs.
It was messy on beta
True, its very hard