Warfront Rares are amazing for Alts

General Discussion
09/05/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Altrius
The rep grind still sucks.

Yes, but Blizz is dangling new sparkly items in front of us in hopes we will be distracted for a while. Sadly, we will.

I'm just waiting for a nerf of dropped items.
My freshly dinged paladin made out like a bandit in Arathi. Feel free to armory.

/twirls

I did not do any Stormsong, I'm halfway through Tirisgarde and I did the campaign to each island as I leveled.
09/05/2018 01:12 PMPosted by Snowfox
Is there a way to know which I've already killed?

Pay attention?

Going back to WoD kill once for loot rares the character portrait would change from the "rare" portrait to an "elite" which is silver dragon versus gold I think? Maybe check that.

I can't as I haven't done something that is required to unlock even WQ yet lol.
09/05/2018 02:17 PMPosted by Chopsurloin
09/05/2018 01:12 PMPosted by Snowfox
Is there a way to know which I've already killed?

Pay attention?

Going back to WoD kill once for loot rares the character portrait would change from the "rare" portrait to an "elite" which is silver dragon versus gold I think? Maybe check that.

I can't as I haven't done something that is required to unlock even WQ yet lol.

Or install Handynotes_arathirares
09/05/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Altrius
The rep grind still sucks.

only rep you have to grind on an alt really is CoA as kings rest/siege are locked to the achieve and alts can run right in.
09/05/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Eviscerator
Can't enter warfronts yet on horde side
You can still go to Arathi and kill rares for drops.
09/05/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Eviscerator
Can't enter warfronts yet on horde side

You should be able to get the quest to go and do the intro, and if you do that and like me you didn't realize how many rares there were and portal is closed, you can fly there the old fashioned way - Portal in Legion Dal to Old Dal Crater (mind the drop) and fly to Arathi.
I'll eventually work my alts on their way up to level 120, but right now I'm leveling my Dark Iron Dwarf for the heritage armor. 30 levels to go.
People were rude yesterday. I haven’t logged in today but they were gear checking and my lock is only 327. I started groups, joined them and nothing. Hopefully my guild will log in as we lost most just after 2 weeks.

Wish me luck tonight. They look fun.
RNG man, only got 1 340 drop on my alt rogue. feelsbad
09/05/2018 01:22 PMPosted by Voidarcane
09/05/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Çlovë
Not in the clear yet, you still need to grind your Champions of Azeroth rep and get to at least AP level 16 or more to even access the first trait on the azerite gear

Each week the amount of AP to reach levels decrease by ~20-30% just like the legion artifact catch up system we already have had 2 weeks of reduction so it gets easier. Only thing is this time around we don't get AP showing wacky numbers in the billions.

So the game will in be in a tolerable state for alts sometime next year, that's good to know
09/05/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Voidarcane
I gotta give Blizz 10/10 here, the rares from the Warfronts are aweome where I can already start gearing my other 3 120's (8 more 110's to level) with 340's so I can begin to do mythic+ and Uldir with them as well.

This expansion is turning out to be ALOT more alt friendly than legion was where you only have 1 artifact (not 2-4 separate ones for each spec) and mythic dungeon ilvl gear can now drop from Arathi rare mobs so we can go in and gear are freshly minted 120, or our main who just couldn't get darn 340 shoulders after running mythics that dropped those shoulders every week, or those elusive 340 weapons and/or offhand/shields.

Yes they are amazing until you realize that no traits unlock for so many more neck levels that they do no more than raise your ilvl which makes mobs harder to kill. The "upgrade" that is actually a downgrade.
09/05/2018 04:01 PMPosted by Warpstone
09/05/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Voidarcane
I gotta give Blizz 10/10 here, the rares from the Warfronts are aweome where I can already start gearing my other 3 120's (8 more 110's to level) with 340's so I can begin to do mythic+ and Uldir with them as well.

This expansion is turning out to be ALOT more alt friendly than legion was where you only have 1 artifact (not 2-4 separate ones for each spec) and mythic dungeon ilvl gear can now drop from Arathi rare mobs so we can go in and gear are freshly minted 120, or our main who just couldn't get darn 340 shoulders after running mythics that dropped those shoulders every week, or those elusive 340 weapons and/or offhand/shields.

Yes they are amazing until you realize that no traits unlock for so many more neck levels that they do no more than raise your ilvl which makes mobs harder to kill. The "upgrade" that is actually a downgrade.

It still gives a base stamina and primary stat for the azerite gear and they drop non azerite gear like weapons, gloves, boots, etc. Its still good and with each weekly reset the amount of AP needed to increase your HoA level is decreased so they will be easier to level as the xpac goes on.
09/05/2018 01:41 PMPosted by Syvalla
Right now the Rare mobs are outside the warfront scenario instance.

What? there's a scenario instance?

Yes once the horde gets 100% contributions the scenario is available to que, you are with 19 other players taking over Arathi, once Alliance regains control we will then Que for the Scenario and push back the horde and this will continue until the Barens Warfront.
Meh seems almost a waste - Given Alliance have control right now, we are allowed to do the Battle for Stromgarde scenario Quest which the 1st time you do it, are rewarded with a cache with an armor piece of 370+ (They do upgrade as my pally got 380 boots). But when you win the scenario, you are also rewarded with a piece of 340+ armor also. (My Rogue got 345 gloves)

Not to mention, you can run the scenario MORE than once! So I've been running my Rogue who's my main alt (I've got too many alts to be honest) through it constantly to get her ilvl up.

It lasts for awhile apparently as it says currently 6 days left ... So once it switches over to Horde controlled I highly recommend running your alts through the scenario multiple times.

Much easier than hunting for rares that may or may not drop something for you - Though I will most likely check it out - But so far, the scenario is the much easier choice.

And from my understanding, weapons are also rewarded for doing the scenario, though Trinkets & Rings are not (at least nothing verifying it anyways).