War Mode and its problems

Arenas
Fox, I agree with what you’re saying man. However, from my experience, it’s better than in legion. I’m sure it’s due to my server but alli were always so outnumber when questing and leveling it was nearly unplayable and I swapped over to main horde. Now there are times where i see alliance groups wiping out horde, which I almost never saw from bc to legion. that being said, I am a rogue and can pick my battles so my view may be Skewed
Constant Illidan/Mal'ganis/Zul'Jin/A52/Bleeding Hollow horde raids trampling over my alliance toons is kinda frustrating when doing dailies(since the only notable alliance servers I seem to see are sarg/kt) but whatever, i get the occasional fun 1v1.
09/02/2018 05:00 AMPosted by Blindworld
I made a post a year ago predicting warmode would be all 1) rogues and 2) gank squads.

Oh look!

It's the inevitable outcome of the system, actually. It's unavoidable. And since it's -optional- the faction imbalances are going to be accelerated. If an Alliance turns on Warmode, flies on down to Drustvar and sees 100 Horde and not a single other Alliance, guess who is going to hearth back to town and turn Warmode off?

I will say, though, that it's fun to make your own gank squad, hop in Discord and annihilate a couple other gank squads. But as a solo PvPer, particularly if you can't stealth to fish for those juicy 1vs1s, you're going to have a bad time.
I was predicting if there was any faction tilt whatsoever, that it'd have a snowball effect and everyone on one faction would unflag, while the other faction would get free rewards... Unfortunately it seems like my prediction was accurate as well.

09/02/2018 02:00 AMPosted by Foctordreeze
Before warmode was a thing wpvp was mostly 1v1-1v3. I blame the alliance slayer/horde slayer achieves and assassin marker for the rise of raid groups.
I definitely think those things being added basically was like giving a hornets nets a good whack, that's for sure lol.

09/02/2018 05:29 AMPosted by Thedemon
Fox, I agree with what you’re saying man. However, from my experience, it’s better than in legion. I’m sure it’s due to my server but alli were always so outnumber when questing and leveling it was nearly unplayable and I swapped over to main horde. Now there are times where i see alliance groups wiping out horde, which I almost never saw from bc to legion. that being said, I am a rogue and can pick my battles so my view may be Skewed
I dunno man, I experienced the legion zergfests as well, but those felt more mild, if that makes sense, maybe due to the statement above about the bees nest thing... The numbers are very similar in ridiculousness though sadly, and now that you can't share tags in war mode... it makes for some vicious PvP.
war mode pvp is my all time favorite activity of bfa

every single day I wake up and log into my male blood elf dk, and immediately open group finder and join "farming alliance at wq" group

I make sure to come into this group with at least 1000 deepsea satin nets, potions, flasks, food buffs, augment runes and every engineering affix I can fit onto my character

my mouth starts to salivate as I see a level 111 alliance scum attempting to level up as I rocket boot torward them, immediately death grip strangulating them and going swswswswswswsw as the rest of my 40 man raid collapses upon their disintergrating body, I make sure to do /lol and /golfclap at them, to let them know they are pathetic and mean nothing to me

I do this for 13 hours a day and then go to sleep, only stopping to post on the forums about topics on war mode, failing to understand how getting camped and 40v1d is not fun for the alliance scum since that's what they were made for
09/02/2018 08:22 AMPosted by Stumblin

every single day I wake up and log into my male blood elf dk, and immediately open group finder and join "farming alliance at wq" group

I make sure to come into this group with at least 1000 deepsea satin nets, potions, flasks, food buffs, augment runes and every engineering affix I can fit onto my character

my mouth starts to salivate as I see a level 111 alliance scum attempting to level up as I rocket boot torward them, immediately death grip strangulating them and going swswswswswswsw as the rest of my 40 man raid collapses upon their disintergrating body, I make sure to do /lol and /golfclap at them, to let them know they are pathetic and mean nothing to me

I do this for 13 hours a day and then go to sleep, only stopping to post on the forums about topics on war mode, failing to understand how getting camped and 40v1d is not fun for the alliance scum since that's what they were made for

Das it mane
Another problem I have with warmode is world pvp felt personal with your server back in they day. beefing with horde on your server causing fights with the same people or whatever. Since warmode came out I haven't seen anyone from any of my merged servers list in the world alliance or horde. pretty lame imo
If one faction is underpopped by more than a certain % bump their increase from 10 to 20% to encourage warmode participation and allow merc mode for warmode. I know I’d use it.
If you want to use Hordemode the Horde is waiting for you.

I know I did :^)

at least till they try and fix the issue then I'll go back to Alliance.
09/02/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Remorseless

Alliance areas in BfA are better than the horde ones. I know I want to level again on Alliance particularly in Drustvar. Horde gets better mounts and can activate war mode. It's iffy. I think the storyline on alliance side is more positive while horde is more negative
09/02/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Myracle
09/02/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Remorseless

Alliance areas in BfA are better than the horde ones. I know I want to level again on Alliance particularly in Drustvar. Horde gets better mounts and can activate war mode. It's iffy. I think the storyline on alliance side is more positive while horde is more negative

Indeed ally zones are great I lvled as ally before going horde.
I'm horde and I think warmode is a failure. 99% of alliance I meet are just PVErs who want a 10% bonus and just run away. Rarely any actual pvp.
09/02/2018 11:37 AMPosted by Shiyolangley
I'm horde and I think warmode is a failure. 99% of alliance I meet are just PVErs who want a 10% bonus and just run away. Rarely any actual pvp.

Shiyo appears
09/01/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Taurenpriest
The easy solution take off war mode if you don’t want to do wpvp. People act like it’s required.
You obviously did not read the post. Please read it and post a proper refute.
I love all the Horde defending WM in this post. Nah, it's !@#$. Come get zerged in your own city by a 30+ man raid while you have maybe 5 people on your shard. It's super nice.
That's how world pvp has always been, gank squads and getting stun globaled by rogues.
I've done a lot of WPvP this expansion, even managed to get Conqueror of Azeroth last week, from what I've noticed both sides have groups set up for WPvP farming (usually heaps on the Azerite WQs) and whenever a group gets big enough, they attract enough attention for the other faction to band together to take them out.

Especially when someone gets a bounty that's when the real fun begins, you see people from all over flooding from every direction after your bag of bounty booty c:

I get that raid groups can be annoying in WPvP but you could easily form a group and take the others out if you're coordinated enough. Whenever my guildies complain in guild chat we get a group of players together and head out to help a fellow guildy out.

War mode has been a really fun experience for my guild and I, I love how there's always a fight and it brings people together who all love to PvP :-)
09/02/2018 08:22 AMPosted by Stumblin

My hero.
09/02/2018 09:45 AMPosted by Cousincancer
Another problem I have with warmode is world pvp felt personal with your server back in they day. beefing with horde on your server causing fights with the same people or whatever. Since warmode came out I haven't seen anyone from any of my merged servers list in the world alliance or horde. pretty lame imo
i used to use the add-on spy and have a kill on sight list for those people who zerged me... but you are 100% correct, I literally never see the people again, so now the add-on is pointless in that regard. It's quite frustrating to never see your own server populace as well, friendly or foe.

09/02/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Hexxes
If one faction is underpopped by more than a certain % bump their increase from 10 to 20% to encourage warmode participation and allow merc mode for warmode. I know I’d use it.
I thought about this as a solution as well, maybe have it constantly adjust per the faction imbalance. I think it probably just has to do with LFM creating big pockets of horde in quest zones / random gank groups, and when the server adds people to compensate, those people are added in but are off far away from that certain quest.

09/02/2018 01:24 PMPosted by Acanthel
I love all the Horde defending WM in this post. Nah, it's !@#$. Come get zerged in your own city by a 30+ man raid while you have maybe 5 people on your shard. It's super nice.
I personally like the part where we have world quests square in the center of the horde city. Fuuuuuuuuun.

09/02/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Saurbang
That's how world pvp has always been, gank squads and getting stun globaled by rogues.
Hasn't been this focused before, and the effects have been amplified with cross realm. They're basically able to pull from all the servers via LFM and concentrate in one spot, and the servers don't adapt for that... which leads to a lame effect.

09/02/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Notpaladin
I get that raid groups can be annoying in WPvP but you could easily form a group and take the others out if you're coordinated enough. Whenever my guildies complain in guild chat we get a group of players together and head out to help a fellow guildy out.
Until it takes you out of the phase you were in and puts you in a dead phase for no reason. Then you're standing around thinking, wow, i just wasted a whole lot of time forming a raid group for nothing.
Heh ..... Welcome to what I've been dealing with for literal years on my server. Don't like warmode (with all its flaws and sheen too) ? go back to orgrimmar and turn it off
Simple.
09/02/2018 04:22 PMPosted by Gundezl
Heh ..... Welcome to what I've been dealing with for literal years on my server. Don't like warmode (with all its flaws and sheen too) ? go back to orgrimmar and turn it off
Simple.
Been dealing with server imbalance for a long long time, but this is focused imbalances via LFM / cross realm. Saying "just turn it off" doesn't address that there's a problem. Part of their claim in this new system is that the phases would be balanced.