Need advice for trp, rules in trp toc

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
Hello role-playing community! I am a bit new, and have a bit of trouble at the moment with the new rules issued in 8.0.1 and how it affects what I write on my trp.

I wanted to make a lawful good character who has a dark history of being a slave worker along with his family as a child before escaping to stormwind later on in his life and as he grew older, nothing sexual about it, but the character has lasting scars from the abusive treatment, this is relevant to his character being sympathetic.

I know stuff like this is a sensitive topic online, and my friend told me not to write anything that may be offensive so I didn't want to take any chances, so I wanted to ask if writing this was okay?

Obviously I don't support stuff like this in real life
Depends on how graphic I'd suppose. You can tell the same story but without as many details and let what needs not be said be merely implied or suggested.

For example, My Warriors are a Father and Daughter duo lost their wife/mother to an attack by Deathwing. I can merely suggest this or go into more detail of how the flames burned her alive until there was nothing left but ash. The scarring effect it had on her daughter and alike. Or... I can imply it and leave the NA+ rated stuff out of it entirely.

Also I think with TRP at least there is an option regarding flagging for "Adult Content" so that readers know they may be in for some things that are not suitable for all audiences. I am not 100% on this as I have not dove into every corner of the addon. Only doing the basic surface level stuff.
09/07/2018 11:01 PMPosted by Doseki
Depends on how graphic I'd suppose. You can tell the same story but without as many details and let what needs not be said be merely implied or suggested.

For example, My Warriors are a Father and Daughter duo lost their wife/mother to an attack by Deathwing. I can merely suggest this or go into more detail of how the flames burned her alive until there was nothing left but ash. The scarring effect it had on her daughter and alike. Or... I can imply it and leave the NA+ rated stuff out of it entirely.

Also I think with TRP at least there is an option regarding flagging for "Adult Content" so that readers know they may be in for some things that are not suitable for all audiences. I am not 100% on this as I have not dove into every corner of the addon. Only doing the basic surface level stuff.

Thank you for your answer, something similar happened to niel's parents, and
am I allowed to describe scars? niel has lots of scars around his body, aged but they are still red.

also about the adult content flag, does that mean everyone who is flagged like that means that they would be banned? sorry I don't quite understand the rules.
As far as I know you cannot be banned for adult content, ERP is a thing after all that goes on all the time. What could get you banned is doing or saying something racially derogatory to someone in real life. Or doing anything that breaks the Blizzard TOS.

Then again, We have an RPer whom got several suspensions for language. So anything is possible. Flagging a profile as "adult" shouldn't get you banned, but I cannot say it wont either. People are jerks and if enough of them "report" the profile Blizzard will have a look at it. This is mainly what the new rules are about. If you profile is openly inflammatory or Griefing of others for example.

As for the physical scars. Describing them I would say would be the same as any other part of your profile. Be as descriptive as you feel appropriate doing. Or allow some to be implied. My Warrior has a large gash across his chest that is visible when he removes his shirt, but I don't go into major detail describing how he got it or what it looked like prior to becoming a scar. It's only implied that an orc's weapon took a large chunk out of him.
09/07/2018 11:22 PMPosted by Doseki
As far as I know you cannot be banned for adult content, ERP is a thing after all that goes on all the time. What could get you banned is doing or saying something racially derogatory to someone in real life. Or doing anything that breaks the Blizzard TOS.

Then again, We have an RPer whom got several suspensions for language. So anything is possible. Flagging a profile as "adult" shouldn't get you banned, but I cannot say it wont either. People are jerks and if enough of them "report" the profile Blizzard will have a look at it. This is mainly what the new rules are about. If you profile is openly inflammatory or Griefing of others for example.

As for the physical scars. Describing them I would say would be the same as any other part of your profile. Be as descriptive as you feel appropriate doing. Or allow some to be implied. My Warrior has a large gash across his chest that is visible when he removes his shirt, but I don't go into major detail describing how he got it or what it looked like prior to becoming a scar. It's only implied that an orc's weapon took a large chunk out of him.

Fair point, i'm not planning on doing much erp but these changes got me a bit worried that having "edgy backgrounds" or more Gory characters might get me banned, but anyway thanks again!