The Balance Tuning Pass

Druid
09/07/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Blindworld
https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1101038-class-tuning-september-11/

No Balance changes whatsoever. I guess Blizzard likes where the spec is.

Yep I'm sorry to say but I am bailing on this class. Going to start leveling a WW monk tonight so I can at least play a spec that has a raid debuff and thus isn't going to be a useless low quality dps because blizzard can't be bothered to have some meaningful pve balance.
i feel sad for expecting some changes for the spec, even for my fellows feral

the top dps classes are probably in fear from the 5% buff to feral, RIGHT?

better continue using that low ilvl gear to stack 3x streaking stars till blizzard nerf it and ruin our spec.

time to start thinking about a new main
Balance is well represented in the mythic+ speed runs and performs about average for single target caster dps, what more do you want?
09/07/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Vwvwvwvwvwvw
Balance is well represented in the mythic+ speed runs and performs about average for single target caster dps, what more do you want?

Average single target hahahahahahaha.

Balance is the most trait dependent spec in the game, and dead last in single target WITHOUT taking advantage or stacking 3x streaking stars. Relying on stacking a trait 3 times to be competitive is a joke. Oh but wait, better switch out all your azerite gear to 3x POTM or Lunar shrapnel for M+!
09/07/2018 06:39 PMPosted by Shauleynna

Balance is the most trait dependent spec in the game, and dead last in single target WITHOUT taking advantage or stacking 3x streaking stars. Relying on stacking a trait 3 times to be competitive is a joke. Oh but wait, better switch out all your azerite gear to 3x POTM or Lunar shrapnel for M+!
I said CASTER DPS, and apart from outliers like BM and affliction yes balance is average single target.
09/07/2018 06:48 PMPosted by Vwvwvwvwvwvw

I said CASTER DPS, and apart from outliers like BM and affliction yes balance is average single target.

Because you HAVE to stack Azerite traits to do that

Without SS or PotM your damage is pathetic

There's literally 0 reason for Mastery, and Starfall is a net DPS loss on less that 5 targets.

340 gear with SS/ PotM is a net DPS increase over 370 gear without it

That should NOT be the case when Blizz has been pushing ilvl and primary stats to actually matter
09/07/2018 06:48 PMPosted by Vwvwvwvwvwvw

Also Arcane is pulling great #'s single and pretty good aoe. I very much agree with first post. I dont think everything said needs to be buffed. Also i remember reading someone suggest for the dot damage from moonfire/sunfire to generate 1ap per tic not alot but atleast it would help as we are having minor issues building AP. I very much hate streaking stars as it only changes are playstyle (not really) every 3 mins for 20 seconds. You cannot upgrade your azerite gear if the new pieces dont have streaking stars.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/PR_Raid.html

Doesn't look very middle of the pack to me. The only reason any balance druid ever gets brought to a M+ is beam and typhoon. Of course if you prefer raiding over M+ that doesn't exactly help does it. Also this point might be lost on you but some dps players like being brought for their dps.
This Hive mind is hilarious, it's like arguing with a bunch of rocks.
09/07/2018 08:18 PMPosted by Vwvwvwvwvwvw
This Hive mind is hilarious, it's like arguing with a bunch of rocks.

Yeah if you had some actual data to prove any your points you might find people agree with you. Since you didn't have any other than "no see your actually fine". None of the Uldir meta data supports your claim. Also since your on an alt I assume it is because us being able to see your main would make us less likely to believe you. If it because you don't have a 120 then really feel free to #@!$ off if you aren't playing the xpac and you have no data driven point to make.

Edit I'm fairly sure your going to use M+ rates as some indication of balance dps so let stop you right there and preempt that incorrect point.

The only reason any balance druid ever gets brought to a M+ is beam and typhoon. Of course if you prefer raiding over M+ that doesn't exactly help does it. Also this point might be lost on you but some dps players like being brought for their dps.
Bump. Needs more exposure. Blizzard, I'm struggling here. My ~i350 Mythic dungeon partners are annihilating me on the meters. I'm doing 9-10k on bosses and they're doing 13, 14 even 15k. I'm doing 15-18k on trash and they're doing 20+, usually with much simpler priority rotations (DH, BM, Arms, Outlaw).

Not a single piece of my i355 or i370 azerite gear has had streaking stars.

I'm literally starting to feel that as we push past +5 and +6 keys that I'm weighing my group down from a DPS perspective. Thank god I have beam and typhoon (especially for sanguine week) and can clutch a Treent as a tank CD or else I wouldn't be going at all.
balance druids are mythic plus slaves you gotta rely on streaking stars and use it as often as possible. I still think that we just need a buff to our astral power regeneration and also a smaller cd on celestial alignment.
OMG. More people complaining. Playing balance right now is face roll easy. It's so over powered right now. If ur not dominating as balance you need to learn to play and git gud.
Good luck with that. They released an outline of buffs ane nerfs for the tuning pass. Balance gets nada
09/08/2018 05:17 AMPosted by Blindworld
Bump. Needs more exposure. Blizzard, I'm struggling here. My ~i350 Mythic dungeon partners are annihilating me on the meters. I'm doing 9-10k on bosses and they're doing 13, 14 even 15k. I'm doing 15-18k on trash and they're doing 20+, usually with much simpler priority rotations (DH, BM, Arms, Outlaw).

Not a single piece of my i355 or i370 azerite gear has had streaking stars.

I'm literally starting to feel that as we push past +5 and +6 keys that I'm weighing my group down from a DPS perspective. Thank god I have beam and typhoon (especially for sanguine week) and can clutch a Treent as a tank CD or else I wouldn't be going at all.

See - your problem is you need streaking stars. Then they would only be annihilating you on the trash and you would be basically keeping pace on bosses.

I mean I did a +8 last night, and barely missed on our +9 so I get what you are saying. The real problem is our viable AoE trait, Lunar Shrapnel, only becomes OP at around 5+ mobs. The problem is nobody in there right mind - especially on a necrotic week, is going to be pulling 5+ if they can help it on something like a +8.

So basically we can do damage on trash every 3 minutes with streaking stars.
just give us an overall 100% damage increase to all abilities.

thanks!
09/08/2018 06:39 AMPosted by Ranugruon
OMG. More people complaining. Playing balance right now is face roll easy. It's so over powered right now. If ur not dominating as balance you need to learn to play and git gud.

327 ilvl.. you hold no weight in this battle.
Boomie was my 1st 120 got him to 340.. re-rolled frost mage cause it felt so broken. Hella fun in myth + and insane burst aoe. Haven't looked back.
09/08/2018 06:39 AMPosted by Ranugruon

*tosses t̶a̶u̶r̶e̶n̶ troll the attention he craves*
09/09/2018 01:48 AMPosted by Apex
Boomie was my 1st 120 got him to 340.. re-rolled frost mage cause it felt so broken. Hella fun in myth + and insane burst aoe. Haven't looked back.

I have a 120 Dark Iron Mage, I thought about maining him, but i've spent so much time leveling my HoA on this guy.. I almost don't even want to play my mage.