Arathi warfront: Alliance loses yet again?

General Discussion
09/08/2018 04:41 AMPosted by Eleroleron
09/08/2018 04:39 AMPosted by Vollusio
Why is this so surprising? Evil never prevails.

And yet the Alliance has

Now you'll see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb
09/08/2018 03:41 AMPosted by Yarrow
The Alliance lost in Ashenvale. The Alliance lost Darkshore. The Alliance lost Teldrassil. Lordaeron was basically mutual destruction.

Now we get the Arathi war front, and Alliance get to lose yet again?

It swaps back and forth.
09/08/2018 05:31 AMPosted by Eleroleron
Times like this I wish the dev time had made more time to showcased the utter annihilation and razing of Brill, rather than cut it.

Just so the Alliance faction can see that they too are destroying towns and causing 'losses'.
Except the fate of Brill's citizens is never mentioned, Sylvanas knew the Alliance would be coming for them after she burned Teldrassil, and it's not like a fleet landing and the slow advance of multiple siege towers and tanks is something that could be missed.

Unless Sylvanas intentionally sacrificed them to foster anti-Alliance sentiment, the town's citizenry should have gotten out unscathed. It's a far cry from Lorash and his associates organizing the extermination of every night elf in Ashenvale because he held a grudge for 7,000 years.
09/08/2018 03:45 AMPosted by Carhagen
The Alliance lost in Ashenvale. The Alliance lost Darkshore. The Alliance lost Teldrassil. Lordaeron was basically mutual destruction.

It will swap back and forward.

Also while yes, we did lose in Ashenvale, Darkshore and Teldrassil the war in Kalimdor is not over yet lore wise. The Alliance is still fighting in Kalimdor and is making considerable gains against the Horde there. We also are making considerable gains in Lordaeron.

[citation needed]
Need a new undercity.

This will do nicely : )
09/08/2018 08:42 AMPosted by Summerglen
[citation needed]

Mission tables cover it, by all means, take a look at Page 1 where I went over the highlights of the Alliance movements.
Alliance starts out with Stromgarde and loses it in the first week. Yes, it goes back and forth after that, but that just means it's not a permanent victory for the Horde; it's still a loss for the Alliance.

So a loss for both sides then... why is this a problem?
09/08/2018 04:09 AMPosted by Yarrow
If it doesn't show up in game, it doesn't matter.

I have some bad news for you re: the entire way the narration is told for this expansion.
horde is bad

Fixed*
[quote="207673578618"]
Please tell me where I can go in game to see this - or tell me where it shows up in beta. If it doesn't show up in game, it doesn't matter.

expansion 1 month old . raids and warfronts literally got just realeased. not even 10-20% of the story told yet in game. On top of that you are claiming nothing matters if it doesn't show up in game. How mature of you.
I guess only the game is canon now and we can throw out all of the books. cause the book will "only" tell you 100% of the story while the game gives you the a whooping 5%.

If you care about the lore so much. than read the books.
if you don't care about the lore than you shouldn't care if the alliance is winning or loosing at this point.
otherwise you are just a bad troll. but in your case...
09/08/2018 03:45 AMPosted by Carhagen

It will swap back and forward.

Also while yes, we did lose in Ashenvale, Darkshore and Teldrassil the war in Kalimdor is not over yet lore wise. The Alliance is still fighting in Kalimdor and is making considerable gains against the Horde there. We also are making considerable gains in Lordaeron.

Playing the game you wouldn't know it. It seems like we only play defensively and are doing a poor job of that as well. I want to see the Alliance lead a successful offensive against Suramar in retaliation for their part in attacking Stormwind. The crack elves wanted to make enemies well they got them now.