ENGI needs a rework!

Professions
I think the title explains it all really, I have sanguicells that I cant even use and goggles are only 350 while all other crafting profs make 370 items.. This needs to be addressed! Engi is pretty useless right now. What am I going to do with these sanguicells? Vendor them for 3g?
Goggles are only 340/345 (when you have the neck to level 25)

This without a doubt needs to be looked at. There is no upgrade path for eng. No proc for a "better" item like there is with other crafting professions. This needs to be brought on par with the other crafting professions (LW, BS, Tailoring)

Also, there are no fun toys! Blizz, where are all the eng fun toys?
I cant believe this indie company never looked at it. You have to run mythic dung that gears you to 340 so u can make a ... 340 item. It is useless. The cost to level eng is !@#$ing huge. It is useless, those bombs are %^-*.
Blizzard please wtf, this profession is so !@#$ed up
Eng bombs are trash. Should be at least instant cast. Bring back incap bombs and freezing bombs. D:

Goggles need work.

wtb 370 goggle recipes that every other profession has. pst.
Not as bad as enchanting, but pretty close.
the goggles arent ment to be gear they are ment to increase ur eng skill.
09/09/2018 04:08 AMPosted by Mcsalty
the goggles arent ment to be gear they are ment to increase ur eng skill.

if they're not gear, they shouldn't be epic or 340... or have azerite talents, they should just be an attachment to your actual helmet that just gives +enginering.
Engineering is dog crap...i wish I would have gave it a harder look before i leveled it. wasted tons of time , tons of gold, tons of materials for a ton of crap and a helm that is replaced by world quest gear.

its not profitable and the only things that are useful are things we got from past xpacs... how can this be overlooked. I mean someone has to be in charge of the engineering profession design. How did they look at engineering this xpac and pat themselves on the back and go great work team.
YES! THIS EXACTLY! WHERE ARE THE UPGRADES ON THE GOGGLES?!!!!!

wasted 100k to level this and we aren't even comparable to other classes...
Needing 125+ Expulsom to level the last of your Engineering is way too much. Heck, some of the professions dont even need the stuff to level.. its ridiculous.
09/07/2018 08:26 PMPosted by Facelessqt
I think the title explains it all really, I have sanguicells that I cant even use and goggles are only 350 while all other crafting profs make 370 items.. This needs to be addressed! Engi is pretty useless right now. What am I going to do with these sanguicells? Vendor them for 3g?

How did u get 350? Mine only 340
idk, my gunshoes are pretty useful , so are my goblin gliders.
That feel when i need 80+ expulsm to get to 150 engineering, from 134. feels bad man.
rework wouldn't even cover it..i mean its gotta be the worse professionthis expansion to even get leveled up to 150. heck lvl 3 patterns atm are green at 145..so lets see that'll be at least min. im gonna safe guess 50 explusion to make 10 lvl 3 weapons just to have a shot at making it to 150..all the other professions atm aren't nearly as bad at all to get to 150..blizz really needs to look at this..i mean all my other profession lvl 3 patterns turned yellow at best at 145 NOT GREEN!!!
Spent a good 60k or so to level engineering, only to get a 380 helm from my M+ cache today which immediately replaces the goggles I have because THEY CAN'T BE UPGRADED.

Not to mention the sanguicells I have sitting in my bank are useless, since Engineering can't use them.

Some word on this as to what the plans are for this unfinished profession would be nice.
Have to agree with all that has been said above its quite dismal atm Blizz. 150 + Expulsom just to possibly get to cap and that is with good RNG with the last couple of lvls. I leveled my tailor up and made over 100 items to scrap them to get a grand total of 11 Expulsom then i made 40 trinkets on my alchemist to get 0 from them. No world quest atm give it so what is the plan going forward just more RNG as per the norm.

What is the reason behind this do tell.

Bad design ?
poor judgement?
I can craft a Mount at the end of it so we want to make it extremely hard or near impossible with out spending over a 1 mil gold on it?

lets look at the Helm as well. so when and if i ever in the next 3mths get enough expulsom to lvl the profession and i do get the plans for the mount only then can i can finally start gathering the resources at 150/75 engi. So at this point do i have to keep swapping my helm to harvest the items as the helm is only 145 and i dont think i will be wearing it anymore due to the fact that with in 2hrs of equipping it i got a 355 helm to replace it.

This has to be one of the most poorly thought out professions to date.

can i make a suggestion why cant expulsom be bind to account least that way you don't have to have a ton of it on toon's that don,t use it and none on the ones that do.

Add WQ that drop it or add a vender in that i can trade hydrocore's for them.
I wish blizz read her forum, i cant understand how this prof went live. its useless.
09/11/2018 09:19 AMPosted by Nutadeath

Bad design ?
poor judgement?

[/quote]

I've always felt that engineering's lot in the game is due to pure, unmitigated apathy. They honestly just don't give a damn because engineering doesn't have a clearly defined role in the game like the other original professions. They tried to give it a role (the FUN profession!), but no one likes it because its not a viable one.
The thing that salts my taint is how hard is it to make the craftables from one profession on par with the ones from literally every other profession? Even if you don't care, is it that hard to make the numbers add up the same?
09/09/2018 01:58 AMPosted by Daladoren
Not as bad as enchanting, but pretty close.

WHAT?! Most of your enchants are useful and you only need expolsum for your wads (from 3 to 1 depending on the rank) and your followers equipment.

Do you know how many recepies engineering has? 20. Do you know how many are useful? 1. Bombs? useless. Belt enchants? 10 minutes cooldown, and useless. Devices? useless. Weapons? worse than any normal one. Googles? Not only they're straight worse that any mythic dungeon head piece (now lfr too), they're bind on pick up so you can't even use 3 out of the 4 ones and you need 20 expolsum for the rank 3 recepie. And even then it will get repaced faster that some contact lens. The only useful recepie is incendiary ammunition, a weapon enchant just for hunters (not even all hunters) that for who know why you can't even combine with a scope (even though logic would tell you they're 2 different things).
the goggles had the exact same issue in legion, so judging by how blizzard didn't learn from the last time, im guessing engineering will remain useless for the remainder of BFA again... and then they will remove it in 9.0 because "No one was using engineering so we figured you guys didnt want it anymore"

the blizzard cycle of life can be cruel