Telepathy?

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
Is telepathy a thing in wow?

I’m not talking to the extent of reading people’s minds, I was thinking more along the lines of this specifically: person A has no voice, so they send messages to person B’s mind in order to communicate

No mind control or mind reading, just that simply

Is that possible in wow and would it be acceptable in RP?
That’s largely the crux of a Shadow Priest. Their power revolves around the mind, so sending messages to another’s mind isn’t unreasonable. You wouldn’t really even need to use Shadow Magic to do it. I’m sure there are ways Mages can accomplish this with Arcane means.

I see no reason it wouldn’t be acceptable. Depends upon the individual.
The Old Gods (and some weapons) use it very frequently
All sorts of classes do it. Warlocks, mages, priests, druids, shaman and more have all sent their own versions of a telepathic message to others.
09/09/2018 03:15 PMPosted by Cannibal
All sorts of classes do it. Warlocks, mages, priests, druids, shaman and more have all sent their own versions of a telepathic message to others.

I believe even hunters to do an extent, but probably only with animals.
09/09/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Faolana
09/09/2018 03:15 PMPosted by Cannibal

I believe even hunters to do an extent, but probably only with animals.

I know Ryu here does. I modeled part of him after Dar the BeastMaster's abilities with his animals. "They know my thoughts and I know theirs." - Dar The BeastMaster 1982.

I loved that series of movies growing up. Sorry tangent...

As for you question. Yes, it is possible via several magical means to communicate telepathically with someone. There are actually several quests in-game where an NPC does just that. As far as during Roleplay? Well that would still depend on the individual and their preference. Some may see it as overpowered somewhat. You do have to ask yourself a question though.

If the path is a one-way link to allow the mute to communicate but not read the target's thoughts would they still be able to respond in turn? Or would they have to respond aloud instead and what of your telepath, would they be able to hear them from whatever distance they may be?
In the dk order class campaign we canonically do that several times, it wasnt mind control.

It was more like ex-scourge skype
It's a rather stale trope for me as far as mute characters go. It turns a supposed disability to not one at all. I'm far more impressed by people who stay silent, whose main communication is through expression and they let out words only when driven to do so by extremes.

This character isn't particularly fond of it as telepathy usually has been experienced as part of an Old God derived attack. She'd react very poorly to someone trying to speak to her that way.
I deliver most of my messages directly into the old brainpan, written on bullets.