Does ANYONE like RNG gearing?

General Discussion
1 2 3 12 Next
I am guessing 99.99% do not. It is even worse for PVP players. It is a joke to PVE RNG gear for competitive PVP.

Also, you can invest a lot of time and effort into this game to progress, while your guildmate does absolutely nothing and gets better gear than you. That is a recipe for "goodbye Felicia"
Does ANYONE like RNG gearing?

I am guessing 99.99% do not. It is even worse for PVP players. It is a joke to PVE RNG gear for competitive PVP.

Also, you can invest a lot of time and effort into this game to progress, while your guildmate does absolutely nothing and gets better gear than you. That is a recipe for "goodbye Felicia"

You're thinking like a player, not a business.
Is there more RNG now or less than in WoD? It’s a pretty rubbish way of going about things either way, but not enough people are willing to quit over it for them to stop.
I do, especially when it titanforges.

I just wish that the cry baby people had not caused Blizzard to not put titanforging on Azerite armor; I mean, I get REPEAT WQ of the SAME ITEMS CONSTANTLY so the chance for them to warforge/titanforge would have been nice.
I understand the nature of the operant conditioning skinner-box design of wow.. and accept it and play around in it.

The problem isn't ultimately the RNG, it's how we relate to it.
I don't mind it, as long as there's another form of acquiring gear, but they took that option away from us when they removed Justice, Valor, and Conquest points and their respective vendors. Now everything is RNG.
09/07/2018 12:35 AMPosted by Snowfox
I understand the nature of the operant conditioning skinner-box design of wow.. and accept it and play around in it.

The problem isn't ultimately the RNG, it's how we relate to it.

Sounds like you have not been utterly shafted enough times.
"I don't mind it" is literally the best that's ever said about this system.

You know there could be a system of gearing you absolutely love, right? There are other ways to structure progression.
I mean, to a limited extent, I don't mind RNG gearing. It would be cool however if they could implement a system where the successful completion of Achievements would award specific pieces of gear etc.

09/07/2018 12:31 AMPosted by Ármstrong
It is even worse for PVP players. It is a joke to PVE RNG gear for competitive PVP.

RNG should never be a part of PvP gearing. Having the RNG be limited to random gear is fine-ish though, but there should still be a vendor you can visit. Back in the day I remember it took me more than a couple weeks to get pvp geared though. I got 2 pieces in only a few games today so it's not too bad in BfA.
I really dislike Titanforging in it's current form.

I've severely reduced my playtime due to the RNG. I don't feel my time is worth the "chance at an upgrade." I'll do my raids be done. I want to earn gear, not "have the chance to earn gear."
It is a joke to PVE RNG gear for competitive PVP.

Uhh you're actually wrong. Rated PvP drops have been phenomenal.

But no RNG gearing is not something I would have preferred in BFA. Would have been happy with the vendor returning.
Praise be unto RNGesus, the great arbiter of all things lootable.

(This will get me better drops right?)
09/07/2018 12:53 AMPosted by Cyouskin
I really dislike Titanforging in it's current form.

I've severely reduced my playtime due to the RNG. I don't feel my time is worth the "chance at an upgrade." I'll do my raids be done. I want to earn gear, not "have the chance to earn gear."

Absolutely
RNG on loot drops is normal for mmorpg's whats not normal is warforge/titanforging. i literally see some bad players getting high upgrades and for what? it's like your rewarding people for being so f'ing bad.

i feel like i could put a bullet in a gun and have better luck not blowing my f'ing brains out ten getting loot in this game.
09/07/2018 12:56 AMPosted by Jalen
It is a joke to PVE RNG gear for competitive PVP.

Uhh you're actually wrong. Rated PvP drops have been phenomenal.

[/quote]

Is that going to maximize your gear? If you PVE, and if you are lucky, it seems you will gain an advantage?
RNG is needed to make the game fun to a certain extent. I don't think the game play elements can stand by themselves at this point where they might have been able to ten years ago. The combat, questing, interface, sever limitations, etc are quite dated at this point.

Same reason for all the gating that keeps players grinding away for tiny bits of carrot at a time. I mean, look around at some of the newer games out there or those under development.
RNG gearing is fine when there is an alternative system that is measured consistency.

Like how in FFXIV even if a level cap dungeon does not give me gear I still get tomestones which are used to purchase the current set of tomestone gear. The cost of that gear is fixed so I can naturally figure out how many dungeon runs I would need to do in order to get a upgrade.

This reduces the negative impact of running a dungeon and getting no gear. I do not get stuck with this feeling of making no progress which only gets worse with each run where I do not get an upgrade. Because I am always making progress.

And when you are leveling through content since you are not getting tomestones from those dungeons they have in place a system where you get a piece of gear for the class you are playing off of the final boss every time, and since the gear is classified as "unique" the system knows what pieces you do not have as you cannot loot those pieces to begin with. Preventing duplicate drops. This results in that you only need to run a dungeon 11 times to obtain the entire dungeon's set.

Which that actually helps out glamor hunters as well.
ty for the mvp envolvment here, its nice that a green takes a stance that is not "pro blizz fan boy"

i absolutely agree here. my time is well spent and my sub is well spent when i know gear is waiting and i will see it, and may not win it (need over greed) but i will see it
the most blizz garuntees us today is 29gold per boss (highest rng chance) or some AP (Second highesst chance on loot). MVP is correct my time is worth garunteed gear drops (not earned always) but garunteed, not this RNG bull!@#$ that keeps most players at the same ilvl for MONTHS