Does ANYONE like RNG gearing?

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 Next
09/07/2018 12:31 AMPosted by Ármstrong
I am guessing 99.99% d

99%? nice number out of...

I don't play hardcore every single expansion.. sometimes, I just casually play the game - and RNG fits so great.. And let me guess.. who plays WoW the most? Casuals or the mythic raiders? of course the casuals wins..

Unless you want them to design the game basesd on those 1% hardcore raiders... then i dunno son.
09/07/2018 03:16 AMPosted by Cyouskin
09/07/2018 03:12 AMPosted by Chipper
Most of those awarded gear that was easily replaced in raids

Exactly their intended purpose. It was there for both progression and Bad Luck Protection.

Valor gear was like 3 slots per armor type.

So yeah it was cool, but it also could suck if those were the slots you already had items gained from the raid.

I wouldn't be opposed to something like that coming back, but we also have bonus rolls, mythic+, and mythic+ caches which give a lot more loot options than we had back then.

The gearing process as a whole is still much faster than it used to be.
RNG in PVE is fine, but I’d like to get PVP vendors and traditional Conquest points back.

Having some control is nice. They have taken a lot of that away over the years and I think that’s what the OP is referring to more than anything.
09/07/2018 06:53 AMPosted by Maraloc
It's weird but, back in Legion, I was logging in every day to try to get a Legendary item, I played for over a month everyday for lots of hours, trying to do all dungeons and WQs for the cache, but nothing. I was motivated. Then, one day, having given up on ever getting a Legendary, boom, there it was, after opening a cache box I finally got my legendary item, and it was not any Legendary, it was the BIS at the time. I immediately, like, that instant, lost the motivation to continue playing the game and quit Legion a week or two later. !@#$ing weird.

They don't want us getting BIS quickly or we lose all motivation from playing their carrot on a stick game.

The loss in motivation isn't due to getting bis it's due to doing 100s of quests and dungeons to get that one drop or more likely a sephuz. Warforge and titanforge exacerbates the problem since you can't just get your gear done anymore there is always an upgrade to chase. I actually liked getting to bis and playing the parse game which will never be an even playing field again.
09/07/2018 12:53 AMPosted by Cyouskin
I really dislike Titanforging in it's current form.

I've severely reduced my playtime due to the RNG. I don't feel my time is worth the "chance at an upgrade." I'll do my raids be done. I want to earn gear, not "have the chance to earn gear."

I dislike that there's an RNG chance someone gets the same piece with 30ilvls on it for no reason.

by the end of this expansion we'll also be nearly at the same ilvl in legion, which is mind boggling.

Why can't TF/WF be 5-10 ilvls max? Why does it have to be 30+ sporadically? It's really annoying.
This game basically hands you gear for doing very little now. If you want the higher levels of gear you're gonna have to make peace with the fact that it's usually decided by rng.
09/07/2018 12:53 AMPosted by Cyouskin
I really dislike Titanforging in it's current form.

I've severely reduced my playtime due to the RNG. I don't feel my time is worth the "chance at an upgrade." I'll do my raids be done. I want to earn gear, not "have the chance to earn gear."

Why do you feel the need of "titnaforge" ?

If you raid mythic, eventually you will gear up with or without TF/WF system..

The system isn't there for the people looking for that 400+ Proc RNG chance or to spam mythic+

You are doing it wrong if you spam farm M+ or your goal to achieve 400+ ilvl titanforge piece.

The system is there to help gear Normal raiders to do Heoric,... And Heroic radiers to Do Mythic..

Plus it gives you a reason to go back and do older content.
the problem has already been solved or at the very least figured out, blizzard is no longer for the gamers the love for the game has only been shown by art and music lately and it doesn't shock me in the least.

the last time i can remember classes being near each other damage wise was back in MoP.

the last time I felt joy for loot drops was tail end wrath.
I do. I like the nice little surprise when you get a good upgrade. Plus, without RNG you would gear up too fast, I like having something to work towards.
09/07/2018 12:33 AMPosted by Shackleton
Oh look, another whinging idiot that is new to WoW.

Welcome to WoW, where if you play the game you get random loot, same as ever.

Also if you play alliance rogue you get special attention from my axe, so look forward to that too.

Cry more.

ok then i may not be from original wow but i played in BC

the current system is really badly weighted. It favors some and literally opposes others. To the point that some will go do a piece of content and get several warforge and titanforges and the other person will walk in and walk out with empty hands.

At least in BC and wotlk there was the vendor stuff that you could get if you at least "worked" hard and ran enough heroic dungeons. And the rep gear was a varied spread of slots (not all capes like the heroic rep now).

So yeah sure theres always been rng, but its never been this badly loaded and theres always been a fall back for those who are having it a bit rough.

PS love the whole keyboard aggression, are you going to threaten me too? I'll give you 100k gold if you can kill me.. but sorry i'll be phased so i guess you'll have to beat your feet on the forums instead
09/07/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Misskathryn
the current system is really badly weighted. It favors some and literally opposes others. To the point that some will go do a piece of content and get several warforge and titanforges and the other person will walk in and walk out with empty hands.

Nah,

You are just seeing it that way when in fact if you look deeply they are both the same systems.

I could run Naxx10 back in Wotlk with a pug and I could also walk out with 0 loot.. because back then Masterloot was a thing.. and let me guess, you have to roll against 10 other players or 4 other depend on your class..

It's the same scenario..

it's always RNG. Since day 1 of this game.. every single thing is RNG..

Why no one complained about the Warglavies back in Illidan days? wasn't that the most RNGesus legendary ever?
09/07/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Allusion
This game basically hands you gear for doing very little now. If you want the higher levels of gear you're gonna have to make peace with the fact that it's usually decided by rng.

That's the main difference.

It's easier to get gear than it ever was previously, but there is an element of randomness to what you get, meaning that there will almost always be the potential for something better.

How do I feel about it?

I could go back to the older design and be fine with it. But I'm not bothered by the random upgrades either. It does create that sense of a really nice drop occurring, you see people notice when it happens, rather than the loot always beeing 100% predictable.

Early in Legion, legendary items were too rare and too random. That crossed the line into something that detracted from the experience. So far in BfA, I don't get the sense that anything is creating that type of problem.

The way azerite traits unlock is odd, though, I will say that. However, that's not random, it's just odd to upgrade a piece and then suddenly have fewer traits unlocked.

Frankly, I'm increasingly fond of the idea of a WoW-esque game that removes power progression via gear entirely, in favor of other types of progression. Prestige rewards, cosmetics, achievements, rankings, a more in-depth talent system.

But that's unlikely to happen in WoW, just because the formula is so firmly established.
It's sad that we're getting to point were Justice and Valor points need to come back. GG Blizzard.
id wager most do or atleast don't mind it as most mmos are that RNG based
09/07/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Edisbelee
09/07/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Misskathryn

Nah,

You are just seeing it that way when in fact if you look deeply they are both the same systems.

I could run Naxx10 back in Wotlk with a pug and I could also walk out with 0 loot.. because back then Masterloot was a thing.. and let me guess, you have to roll against 10 other players or 4 other depend on your class..

It's the same scenario..

but if you did your heroics you had a fall back point, you could get osmething to repalce a leveling green or a normal dungeon blue, you could get stuff. . That there was options to offset a run of bad luck was a good thing, that went along way towards softening the blow.

The low down now is if you are unlucky you flat out get nothing, goodbye see ya later too bad. I mean we could pull in real world analogies here and say how thats life. But we arent playing a life simulator. Im not a draenie girl in real life so lets go back to how it was when a bad raid week could be offset by doing heroic dungeon gameplay for a minor reward instead
09/07/2018 12:31 AMPosted by Ármstrong
I am guessing 99.99% do not. It is even worse for PVP players. It is a joke to PVE RNG gear for competitive PVP.

Also, you can invest a lot of time and effort into this game to progress, while your guildmate does absolutely nothing and gets better gear than you. That is a recipe for "goodbye Felicia"

Ah the good old days when a Player could gear up by AFKing in Ranom BGs.
FOR DA HORDE MON
the problem has already been solved or at the very least figured out, blizzard is no longer for the gamers the love for the game has only been shown by art and music lately and it doesn't shock me in the least.

the last time i can remember classes being near each other damage wise was back in MoP.

the last time I felt joy for loot drops was tail end wrath.

You mean Legion? There were several points in Legion where all 24 dps specs were within 15% top to bottom which had never really happened before.

Also, do you remember warlock damage in MoP?
09/07/2018 02:44 PMPosted by Xojae
RNG in PVE is fine, but I’d like to get PVP vendors and traditional Conquest points back.

Having some control is nice. They have taken a lot of that away over the years and I think that’s what the OP is referring to more than anything.

There have to be PvP vendors in BfA, we saw a whole bunch of vendors and PvP gear on beta.