new BM nerfs

Hunter
5% all damage. Should this prevent me from leveling my hunter now?
Where is this number coming from?
We got hit hard in pvp... check the blue tracker
https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/7966-Class-Tuning-September-11
09/07/2018 07:36 PMPosted by Supersnuggie

Sadly, it's a nerf to PvE and PvP unless I'm misreading.

Do I wish it wasn't happening? Obviously.

Is it the end of the world or the end of me playing BM? Lol... No.

Play what you want, OP. 5% isn't going to be a deal-breaker. On my guild's parses for Normal Uldir, this nerf brings me down to the numbers our Sub Rogues were pulling... but they're also getting nerfed by 5%.
they didnt touch incendiary ammo lolol
09/07/2018 07:39 PMPosted by Dantis
09/07/2018 07:36 PMPosted by Supersnuggie

Play what you want, OP. 5% isn't going to be a deal-breaker. On my guild's parses for Normal Uldir, this nerf brings me down to the numbers our Sub Rogues were pulling... but they're also getting nerfed by 5%.

You're not reading it all. Check the pvp fix. Pet damage reduced by 30%. Dire basilisk added 60 focus cost and damage reduced by 30%.
Bestial wrath and aspect of the beast damage bonus reduced by 10%
09/07/2018 07:42 PMPosted by Supersnuggie
09/07/2018 07:39 PMPosted by Dantis

You're not reading it all. Check the pvp fix. Pet damage reduced by 30%. Dire basilisk added 60 focus cost and damage reduced by 30%.

Oh, wow...
09/07/2018 07:43 PMPosted by Dantis
09/07/2018 07:42 PMPosted by Supersnuggie

Oh, wow...

Exactly :(
So is it pve or not??
09/07/2018 07:56 PMPosted by Mercader
So is it pve or not??

For pve we got a 5% damage nerf across the board. For pvp. We got rekt.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

The hotfix nerfs are on live for my character right now and I did a few 2s games at 2200 mmr in 2s. We are still in a good spot basilisk still does very good damage and I did not feel under powered at all. Yesterday I was just deleting peoples health pools in bgs and it was too the point it was getting boring. I doubt the 5% is going to be a big deal.

EDIT: I will keep an update on this thread if I have any other findings after I start my 3s for the season tomorrow.
unless the hot fix is tmr i dont see the 5% dps lost from beastial so its only pvp
Pretty reasonable nerfs, I think BM will still be strong just not extremely overbearing like previously.

09/07/2018 08:03 PMPosted by Vexivive
unless the hot fix is tmr i dont see the 5% dps lost from beastial so its only pvp

The 5% flat nerf is coming tuesday I believe they said. That nerf is mainly intended for their pve performance (though it will likely affect pvp).
09/07/2018 07:59 PMPosted by Devcom

The hotfix nerfs are on live for my character right now and I did a few 2s games at 2200 mmr in 2s. We are still in a good spot basilisk still does very good damage and I did not feel under powered at all. Yesterday I was just deleting peoples health pools in bgs and it was too the point it was getting boring. I doubt the 5% is going to be a big deal.

EDIT: I will keep an update on this thread if I have any other findings after I start my 3s for the season tomorrow.

Further nerfs are needed. Last 2 bg's i did no joke had 5 BM's on horde at least. They are far too braindead easy to play to have that much dmg. Dont be offended lots of people play hunter but have chosen another class to level to 120. It simply does too much dmg
09/07/2018 07:59 PMPosted by Devcom

They are not on live yet, they are currently on test.
bm will still be viable
you're just gonna have to try to get your wins now, thats about it.
It won't be anywhere near legion level bad

the 5% in PVE is gonna eqaute to about 650 dps for me personally, maybe less because it isn't gonna affect traits and incendinary ammo
Reimmi and Tosan said it right BM will still be viable. I will admit instagibbing someone from full health to 0 is fun at first but it gets boring after the 3rd day. BM will be fine.

Further nerfs are needed. Last 2 bg's i did no joke had 5 BM's on horde at least. They are far too braindead easy to play to have that much dmg. Dont be offended lots of people play hunter but have chosen another class to level to 120. It simply does too much dmg

Hey Merc,
THe hotfix was implemented for me only about a half hour ago and I did 6 arena games in that time. Try some bgs tomorrow I do not think it will be as bad then.