Time to switch mmorpgs. Suggestions?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
ESO's combat is so bad.
Or you could like, take a break playing games if you're going to refer to them as a dumpster of fire?

Is this expansion the greatest Blizzard offered? of course not. But it is by no means a dumpster of fire. Just because you do not agree with something does not make it a complete disaster.

I personally would not want someone like you playing the same games I am playing with that mindset. You probably just need a break from playing games in general to remember that this is all a convenience for us to sit, wait three weeks and enjoy the software the developers made for us.

I'd agree if I paid 60 dollars for an expac and not a. Monthly. Sub. Also fixed it
FFXIV and Guild Wars 2 are the only credible alternative MMOs right now. Maaaaaaaybe ESO and BDO if I feel generous. Amazon's MMO looks like it's gonna suck but if you have faith maybe you can wait and see.
09/09/2018 12:33 PMPosted by Redsixtyone
Time to leave this dumpster fire of an expansion and play something worth my time. What are some good mmorpgs that don't pull these scams Blizzard is doing?

None really. "Scam pulling" mmorpg is still the best one.

I was enjoying ESO on the Xbox one. The fact that everyone playing also uses an XBOX One, and the same controller, made it nice. So everyone has a uniform playing experience. The controller actually works well for it. Then I got distracted by Wow again, mainly during Legion.

Hmmm, FFXIV also runs on Linux, so I might give it a try. I've only used Linux since the Wow BC expansion.
09/09/2018 12:38 PMPosted by Marott
09/09/2018 12:36 PMPosted by Talaen

The questing alone makes it worth playing, tbh. The questing is nothing like what we have here.
Is ESO more like Skyrim questing?

I never played Skyrim so I don't know. The questing is fun, you can do whatever you want when you want, you aren't forced into a questing funnel like WoW does now. The combat is fun, you have a lot fewer abilities active but with the bar switch and being able to have two different types of weapons I like it. It's lightening fast combat also, not this slow plodding bore WoW has become.

GW2 is fun as well, I have an account and a max level toon on it, play it from time to time.
09/09/2018 12:33 PMPosted by Redsixtyone
Time to leave this dumpster fire of an expansion and play something worth my time. What are some good mmorpgs that don't pull these scams Blizzard is doing?

i play 14 and black desert. though the latter is a pvp game but it does have a lot of pve to do until you unlock pvp at level 50. which requires a quest you do and you dont even have to do it and can stay 49.9999 forever lol.

i also play eq2. though i havent been on for a good while. i need to do that.

the top two or at least, xiv- i would look into :)
i'm actually thinking i'm done with the genre.
09/09/2018 01:09 PMPosted by Méo
FFXIV and Guild Wars 2 are the only credible alternative MMOs right now. Maaaaaaaybe ESO and BDO if I feel generous. Amazon's MMO looks like it's gonna suck but if you have faith maybe you can wait and see.

I'm not gonna lie, I hear all the horror stories about BDO, but I gave it a shot. Now granted I have a potato laptop, so I'm running it on low... But the game play is fun!

I'm waiting for the horror show aspects everyone complains about to kick in, but so far it's fairly fun. And sub free.
I'm not sure about the current stuff but there are a couple new MMO's that will be released soon or later I'm watching such as AIR, Ashes of Creation and Conquerors Blade.
I'm thinking back to GW2 for another 6 months or maybe just go back to the gym, I cancelled my subscription this morning after realizing how terrible warfronts really are this morning.
09/09/2018 01:13 PMPosted by Amerlydum
09/09/2018 01:09 PMPosted by Méo

I'm not gonna lie, I hear all the horror stories about BDO, but I gave it a shot. Now granted I have a potato laptop, so I'm running it on low... But the game play is fun!

I'm waiting for the horror show aspects everyone complains about to kick in, but so far it's fairly fun. And sub free.

yep, its an amazing game. and lol i wouldnt pay any attention to the mongers. try it out i say and if you like it- thats all that matters.
You don't HAVE to play another MMO... There are other things to do. Games to play, shows to watch, movies to see, books to read, places to drive/hike/travel...
09/09/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Saroz
Or you could like, take a break playing games if you're going to refer to them as a dumpster of fire?

Is this expansion the greatest Blizzard offered? of course not. But it is by no means a dumpster of fire. Just because you do not agree with something does not make it a complete disaster.

I personally would not want someone like you playing the same games I am playing with that mindset. You probably just need a break from playing games in general to remember that this is all a convenience for us to sit and enjoy the software the developers made for us.
lol butt hurt fanboy is butt hurt , he says "all of this is convenience for us to play" , lmao ok . no , sorry no you are wrong , like you cant be more wrong . we pay REAL MONEY to play this game , blizz gets paid REAL MONEY by us , so we can play this game . there is no convenience to it , the devs aren't doing us a favor , they are trying to sell a product that we as consumers buy , and have the right to complain about if it isn't good , I hopes this helps with your whteknight condistion , but alas there is no cure for fanboyitis .
09/09/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Keleneth

yep, its an amazing game. and lol i wouldnt pay any attention to the mongers. try it out i say and if you like it- thats all that matters.

Rolled a Wizard and the combat is very satisfying. Decided to get the $15 Travelers pack for the game.
Everquest is worse. Trust me.
09/09/2018 12:38 PMPosted by Redsixtyone
09/09/2018 12:37 PMPosted by Akeyo
Have fun playing dead games

Have fun playing World of Waitcraft

burn.
09/09/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Saroz

I personally would not want someone like you playing the same games I am playing with that mindset. You probably just need a break from playing games in general to remember that this is all a convenience for us to sit and enjoy the software the developers made for us.

I know this is going to be a difficult concept for you to understand, but this is OP's opinion. If they feel it's a "dumpster of fire", then it is.....TO THEM. Get it? Don't tell them what they should think or feel when they're a paying subscriber and had every right to voice their opinion. Just because you happen to like something, doesn't mean everyone else has to as well.
You should honestly just not play any MMORPGs. Do literally anything better with your time.
Wildstar.

Too soon?
09/09/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Keleneth

So the packs you buy are all you need? I see they have a sale right now and the cheapest pack is like $5. So there is no sub? Buy one of the packs and you can just play?