Do You Think That ILVL Will Become a Thing?

Classic Discussion
Back then you could do a raid with just dungeon gear and getting attuned.
Ilvl existed back then, it was just hidden to us at the time so somebody might make an add-on to make it visible since we know what the ilvl of all the items actually is in Vanilla.

Though it wont actually be all that useful to gauge a character's power. Right now it's not the worst because Blizzard has re-designed things so that higher ilvl generally = better item for your spec provided its in your armour class, and it's been this way for quite a long time.

In Vanilla itemization was a lot different, and often lower ilvl items were vastly superior because they were itemized for your spec much better.
09/09/2018 02:42 PMPosted by Cyonan
Ilvl existed back then, it was just hidden to us at the time so somebody might make an add-on to make it visible since we know what the ilvl of all the items actually is in Vanilla.

Though it wont actually be all that useful to gauge a character's power. Right now it's not the worst because Blizzard has re-designed things so that higher ilvl generally = better item for your spec provided its in your armour class, and it's been this way for quite a long time.

In Vanilla itemization was a lot different, and often lower ilvl items were vastly superior because they were itemized for your spec much better.

Ilvl might have been useful behind the scenes if zg gear wasn't mc level but had the power of aq40 or naxx.
Sometimes the stats were more important than the ilvl of the gear though.
Vanilla was a different animal.

A cloth piece with lots of int and mana regen meant a lot more to a holy pally then a higher level piece of plate with strength.

My son was in a raiding guild and the MT healer and had several cloth pieces he switched into for raiding.
If groups demand addons for gearscore/ilvl, I'll do the same as reserves and simply not run with them. When that gearscore add-on became popular in wrath, I would constantly criticize people for using them and said how stuff like that was going to lead to bad things in the future...
Just like in wrath, I'll know that anyone who thinks ilvl is the most important stat is someone I have no interest in running with.
Anyone believing ilvl is important, probably won't last long enough to hit 60 anyway.
Vanilla doesn't need item level, some of the bis stuff were lower item level than some highest pieces, it's a totally different game.
Actually even now in bfa is kinda the same sometimes, I keep higher level items in my inventory that I DONT use, because they greatly reduce my performance, but apparently ilvl is all that matters nowdays, so to push the useless number up I have to keep it.
09/09/2018 02:45 PMPosted by Xanthak
09/09/2018 02:42 PMPosted by Cyonan

Ilvl might have been useful behind the scenes if zg gear wasn't mc level but had the power of aq40 or naxx.

Stop spouting that nonsense. I'd be surprised if you could come up with more than a couple of examples.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Stop spouting that nonsense. I'd be surprised if you could come up with more than a couple of examples.
bloodvine gear, cloak of consumption, sacrificial gauntlets, and maybe touch of chaos
the ZG caster set rings are pretty good too if you want spell hit
One thing to keep in mind is that in vanilla the variance in ilevel from level 1 to Naxx was LESS than the ilevel difference between the level 110 vendor items and Antorus gear. You weren't jumping 30+ ilevels going from one set of level 60 gear to the next...
09/09/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Tarregor

bloodvine gear, cloak of consumption, sacrificial gauntlets, and maybe touch of chaos

Point is zg gear wasn't equivalent because a few classes could use a zg piece or two.
...bloodvine gear, cloak of consumption, sacrificial gauntlets, and maybe touch of chaos

Point is zg gear wasn't equivalent because a few classes could use a zg piece or two.
okay
09/09/2018 02:35 PMPosted by Deathswitch

ilvl is only useful if all of the gear is itemized properly. In Vanilla, it's not.
i lvl dsnt exist in classic
u could score certain items depending on their stats

a good example are robes of exalted - blue chest from strat ud - u can replace them with chest from aq - but if u dont get them u can safely take them into naxx

its a different game
naxx geared ppl might bring raveger into raid jsut to clear some aoe groups which is a blue from sm

mindtap talisman a blut trinket from dm w might be taken by shamans into naxx if they were unlucky on scale trinket from onyxia and rejuv gem from bwl

the current model of ilvl and gearscore is trash - noone liked it when it started in late bc/wtlk - but now ppl just accept it
09/09/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Tarregor

Catch up gear screwed everything up.
God, I hope it won't be. I hated when that !@#$ became popular in WotLK.

EDIT: Realistically, someone will make an addon for it. And the sheep will use it thinking ilvl matters in Vanilla.
...bloodvine gear, cloak of consumption, sacrificial gauntlets, and maybe touch of chaos

Catch up gear screwed everything up.

Well it's really not ZG's fault that itemization in MC was so bad.
Don't tell them our secrets of Vanilla. I need everybody to pass on HoJ because it's a lower ilevel than their Ramstein's Lightning Bolts.

And they don't need Ironfoe cause Mirah's Song is higher iLVL.....
09/09/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Parthena
09/09/2018 02:35 PMPosted by Deathswitch

ilvl is only useful if all of the gear is itemized properly. In Vanilla, it's not.

It was never itemized correctly in Legion.
They changed the stats so they took a backseat to ilvl and took away the gear farming aspect.