Monk WW mains: PLEASE few questions

Monk
1) During raid, is it possible to use Touch of karma when I am about to get hit by some boss mechanic? Are there mechanics from boss that does too high damage for the karma to absorb?

2) Does Touch of karma stack with Touch of death? Like 10% of the karma gets added to touch of death?
Yes, yes, and yes.
Yes yes and yes. That means some boss special move will break karma?
09/08/2018 01:23 PMPosted by Nomi
Yes yes and yes. That means some boss special move will break karma?

Yes. Good example would be Fetid Devourer's tank cleave, though i read it was recently nerfed.
09/08/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Nomi
1) During raid, is it possible to use Touch of karma when I am about to get hit by some boss mechanic? Are there mechanics from boss that does too high damage for the karma to absorb?

2) Does Touch of karma stack with Touch of death? Like 10% of the karma gets added to touch of death?

Yes, here are some suggestions of safe ways to use them. Credits go to Mickey.

Karma Suggestions for Each Boss in Uldir:
  • Taloc: Cudgel, Blood DoT, Blood pools (a bit slow on normal)
  • MOTHER: frontal cleave, fires if you know there's not too many (~4 on heroic), laser wall (best one if it lines up)
  • Fetid: Big DoT + shockwave lining up was the best on heroic, you can eat the cleave on normal (might want to dampen+karma), standing in the cone works too
  • Zek'voz: wait until the first set of rings and it will line up with each cast of rings. Can alternatively take first lash + random laser damage
  • Vectis: taunt. half kidding, you could maybe taunt an add, or if you end up with a lot of stacks near the end, use on boss cast
  • Zul: P1: crusher frontal cone cleave, for heroic you can soak the pools, P2: stand in bad
  • Mythrax: stand in (either) laser (THIS WILL GIVE STACKS), taunt an add
  • G'huun: stand in pools and/or wave of corruption, collapse during transition

• Yes, again, to the second question. 10% of the damage goes into Gale Burst increasing the damage of your Touch of Death. Additionally a larger % goes in during SEF as it is not an ability copied by your clones therefore increased by the bonus player contribution buff during the active cooldown duration, on top of that it is also not an ability reduced in damage by clones.
    That's me

Join https://discord.gg/peakofserenity to be able to ask questions more directly, as well as get up to date info