Good RP Server that is willing to teach

General Discussion
Ive always wanted to try out RP but I don't want to ruin others experience with my inexperience.

So, what is a good server that is willing to be patient and teach a new guy how to Role Play?
moon guard
You'll find elitists and jerks on any server, RP or otherwise.

I've been on WRA forever and people say we're rude/dismissive toward new roleplayers, but I've never witnessed it.
09/07/2018 11:40 AMPosted by Nebukenezzar
Ive always wanted to try out RP but I don't want to ruin others experience with my inexperience.

So, what is a good server that is willing to be patient and teach a new guy how to Role Play?
I'm on WrA, even if everyone here isn't exactly willing, I don't mind talking someone through.
If you have to be taught how to RP, then it's not going to be near as fun as you'd like. I guess the only things worth teaching are terms that the douchey elitist RPers demand you know. Mostly just to avoid their bad side. They may just mass report you.

Just be sure to find others who wish to RP like you do, and expect to swim through lots of crap before you find those you can RP with.
Your title needs to read "Good RP Guild that is willing to teach."

Leave here and go to the server forums.
I would advise making characters on both Wyrmrest Accord and Moon Guard and then seeing which server is more to your liking.
I wanna rp too :D
No matter what anyone tells you, Moon Guards Goldshire Inn will NOT teach you everything you need to know. Don’t fall for it!

Jokes aside I think they key would be finding a good rp guild and letting them know you are new to this but really want to try. I think most rpers come across as rude because people tend make fun of them. So when people are there messing things up or doing things strange, they assume that person is just trying to make fun of them.

So don’t be afraid to put yourself out there and ask for a guild willing to help a new rper.
09/07/2018 11:40 AMPosted by Nebukenezzar

RPer here! If someone claims you ruined their RP with your inexperience in RP, they're probably a good person to just go ahead and slap into your ignore list.

Everyone has to start somewhere, and scaring off new RPers is no way to keep the community growing! As far as servers, I'm partial to Moon Guard, since that's where I play. It's an extremely active community with tons of resources and a lot of friendly people willing to help on both Alliance and Horde.
Just to be clear: Kirin Tor, Steamweedle Cartel, and Sentinels are RP servers as well. Out of that trinity, SWC is more populated. And also out of those three, I haven't heard good things about Sentinels.

Are they as prominent as Moonguard or Wyrmrest Accord? Not really, but those are options for you.

Edit: Shameless advert for Kirin Tor because I do fan fiction reads. It isn't an RP event per se, but there's that. :)
I heard the RP on Moonguard is on another level !
09/07/2018 11:46 AMPosted by Nihaelis
I would advise making characters on both Wyrmrest Accord and Moon Guard and then seeing which server is more to your liking.

You can't be squeamish on Moon Guard.
Does the RP carry over into Vent (or whatever Voice chat app is the rage now)?
09/07/2018 12:00 PMPosted by Tormath
Does the RP carry over into Vent (or whatever Voice chat app is the rage now)?

RP guilds probably do that. Or they put it in Discord or the updated in game voice chat. Communities carry over to voice chat as well. The community I made goes to Discord since I prefer it.

Most of the RP I did with people kept it typed out in party/say chat and with custom emotes.
Thank you for the advice, I don't know what I'm going to do yet though.
Having just come from my Horde alt on Moonguard it's safe to say that Horde side open world RP is pretty much dead. You'll want to make a character on Wyrmrest Accord if you're doing horde side RP, Moon Guard for Alliance though.