Elemental in 8.1

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 29 30 31 34 Next
Compared my single target DPS on the raid dummy, live vs PTR (no buffs/no flask/no food). Doing a little over 1000 more DPS on the PTR. Depending on RNG can go close to 2000 more DPS.

Anyone else tried out the current iteration of changes?
10/16/2018 02:16 AMPosted by Magmir
Compared my single target DPS on the raid dummy, live vs PTR (no buffs/no flask/no food). Doing a little over 1000 more DPS on the PTR. Depending on RNG can go close to 2000 more DPS.

Is that utilizing all the new talents?
So Surge of Power now has a 15 second window to use it.

So as I understand it I must do the following for the overload to Lightning Bolt
1. Earth Shock
2. Cast Lightning Bolt to actually proc the overload and this cast doesn't benifit form the proc.
3. Cast Stormkeeper.
4. And now I cast the actual Lightning Bolts that benifit from Surge of Power.

And Durning all of this I get to hope I'm not interfered with in any way or need to move alot.

At least let it go into effect as soon as I Earth Shock and skip having to cast a Lightning Bolt before I have to cast Stormkeeper.
Another thought is on Frost Shock, it needs to generate Maelstrom even a small amount. Maybe 3 Maelstrom?
10/16/2018 07:32 PMPosted by Hërn

So as I understand it I must do the following for the overload to Lightning Bolt
1. Earth Shock
2. Cast Lightning Bolt to actually proc the overload and this cast doesn't benifit form the proc.
3. Cast Stormkeeper.

And Durning all of this I get to hope I'm not interfered with in any way or need to move alot.

At least let it go into effect as soon as I Earth Shock and skip having to cast a Lightning Bolt before I have to cast Stormkeeper.

First cast of lightning bolt after Earth Shock was getting the guaranteed extra overload when I did my testing recently.
I know this is an elemental thread, but lets just take a moment to grieve for the untimely death of resto shaman.

He was a really bad guy, he couldn't even heal that dog that accidentally got into the thornbushes.

Rest in peace
10/17/2018 01:59 AMPosted by Frexx
I know this is an elemental thread, but lets just take a moment to grieve for the untimely death of resto shaman.

He was a really bad guy, he couldn't even heal that dog that accidentally got into the thornbushes.

Rest in peace

F
I do not like that Lightning Bolt hits harder than every other spell other than Earth Shock.
10/17/2018 09:50 AMPosted by Superlurker
I do not like that Lightning Bolt hits harder than every other spell other than Earth Shock.

I want my hard hitting Lava Burst back.
10/17/2018 12:38 AMPosted by Magmir
10/16/2018 07:32 PMPosted by Hërn

1. Earth Shock
3. Cast Stormkeeper.

First cast of lightning bolt after Earth Shock was getting the guaranteed extra overload when I did my testing recently.

I certainly hope this is the way it is to be.
I want to be able to pre cast Stormkeeper then Earth Shock into two instant Lightning Bolts in PvP if I get luck enough to build the maelstrom.
That would definitely be some crazy burst with the current tuning. Just gotta build that maelstrom first.

Lightning bolt hits hard enough on the ptr that after Earth Shocking I was saving lava burst to buff my next Earth Shock. Kind of weird. Need to test more and I'm sure Blizzard will do more tuning...
Echo of the Elements baseline

20% damage increase to Lava Burst

Survivability added

An idea for survivability and to fit our current style play.

Roots of the Earth: Passive baseline
For each second you do not move you receive a stack of Roots of the Earth. Each stack of Roots of the Earth grants 2% damage reduction, Your next Healing Surge cast time is reduced by 20% and it's Healing increased by 3%. Maximum of 5 stacks, upon movement the stacks last last 5 seconds then decay at 1 stack per second.
The more I think about it, the more Totem Mastery needs to just get deleted from the game. Something you press every two minutes, or after traveling far enough, on CD is a chore and dumb. There's absolutely 0 thought behind pressing the button outside of using a global and most times even that doesn't matter. Please remove.

As much as Totem Mastery feels like it should be removed, Echo of the Elements feels like it should be baseline. The spec just flows 1000% better with it, it feels mandatory.

I think frost shock needs to generate a small amount of maelstrom.

Lava burst needs to hit harder. Period. In both parts of the game. It should hit drastically harder than lightning bolt.

The level 45 talent row is terrible in my opinion. Earth Shield is nice but beyond that I don't like the two other choices at all. I would really like gust of wind back but if that is not an option I think Spirit Wolf should activate the full benefit when you enter form but reduce the damage reduction to 10%. Static charge should be replaced with earth grab totem in my opinion.

Also, would it be so bad if flame shock generated a tiny amount of maelstrom. Like 1 maelstrom per tick or every other tick. The CD feels bad enough.
As PvP player I tested this new style of playing as Ele an the only difference I noticed is that my burst will be more predictable but stronger and less frequent.
Sustain damage will be as horrible as it is.
There is barely any damage increase after change and I'm again disappointed.
10/16/2018 02:16 AMPosted by Magmir

I have, but I can't stand the Lightning Bolt spam. It feels like vanilla all over. Cept now we aren't getting mana back from spamming it. You can look back though at least 15 pages toward the front of this thread were we said, PLZ no to Lightning Bolt and asked for a Lava Burst buff instead. As normal for the last year all communication was ignored and what we were given is exactly what they said they were doing to do in the first place. They don't change their mind unless they are forced to due to sub loss. Just look at the current scrambling and all the people they are trying to bring in to fix the Xpac. That is due to sub loss.

So, I'm voting with my wallet. I think this will be the the first anniversary I have ever missed, but it must be done. I'm not paying another month to be ignored as a customer. If they don't want my money I guess that's the way they want to do business. Communication goes both ways, and they refuse to talk to us except to tell us what we are going to do and how we will play.

There are other company's like Grinding Gears Games that actually listen and converse with their customers because they want to make a game their customers want to play and will have fun doing so. Blizzard has lost their way. I hope they make some changes, because even though I do speak out against bad game design, I do care about the game or else I wouldn't have spent over 687 days played.
Issues addressed by the community and Blizzards response.

Survivability: Ignored

DPS: Changes are all against what the community asked for or wanted.

Mobility: Community flat out told no, you will Facetank with even more slow casts of Lightning Bolt for a modest damage increase and push backs with no survivability improvements.
The community definitely wants mobility and survivability, but Blizzard has repeatedly said that they don't want elemental shamans to have mobility. No idea what's going on with our survivability though, seems like it should be better given our lack of mobility.

Maybe things will change with Holinka in charge of class design?
I realize that on mobility, my point was that they increased our damage where we didn't want it and ignored our survivability
10/22/2018 07:11 AMPosted by Hërn
I realize that on mobility, my point was that they increased our damage where we didn't want it and ignored our survivability

Fair enough. I agree with that.
10/22/2018 12:03 AMPosted by Magmir
Maybe things will change with Holinka in charge of class design?

Tfw you have to put your faith in Holinka to save class design