Elemental in 8.1

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 32 33 34
well is that it for the changes ? i mean come on there are better iterations of this spec in previous expansion lime MOp or cata so why is it so hard to fix this problem of 0 progress unless there is this hidden bias u have for a certain person or class but this is plain bad the rotation over all is the same with a bunch of restriction , stationary slower gameplay , like iv been fighting the good fight for shaman restoration since u killed it back in WOD like come on man u guys got to do better 2 exspansion later after the bombs drop and its even worse! this is so annoying.
Flame Shock on a CD is just wonky ... it doesn't feel right.

Them removing Wind Gust really sucks.

The spec just feels awful these days and it hits like a wet noodle. You would think with such a high cost spell in Earthquake, it would do great AoE damage.

It doesn't and it's disheartening.
I think they should add a proc on earthquake that could let you cast a free chain lightning, similar to how flame shock and lava burst works.

Also think both ele and enhance should be able to cast chain heal (added utility).
A change i'd like to see personally is to ascendance.
Something along the lines of casting ES extends its duration by 1.5secs or so.
I feel like casting ES during it is a negative, regardless of DPS.

I also think LvB should benefit from Crit like Chaos Bolt all the time.
Bring back Gust of Wind for the love of god. There's no reason Ele should have such awful mobility, it's not fun. Fun should be the number 1 priority, not stubbornly sticking to some weird design philosophy that everyone hates. No one is going to quit the game because you gave Ele back a spell they used to have, I'm sure plenty have because you take spells away. Just make your customers happy, like you used to try to do.

This whole design of "specs have weaknesses and strengths" completely falls apart when some clearly have no weaknesses while others have crippling weaknesses that pretty much exclude them from being desired in competitive content at all. Look at Havoc DH for example, they are strong single target, godly aoe/cleave, godly mobility, godly utility (5% magic, aoe stun, purge, insta cast hard cc, darkness), #1 self healing of any dps spec according to logs. So what is their "weakness"? Nothing... they're good at everything. It's no wonder you see specs like this in every mythic+ group.

Meanwhile you have Rets or Shamans who are bottom tier in pretty much everything. Awful mobility, bottom half of logs of every raid boss both ST and AoE, weak survivability, unwanted in mythic+. What is their "strength" they are sacrificing all this for? Where are all these boss fights where Shaman is #1 dps? There is none. The best you'll see a shaman is middle of the pack on 1 or 2 bosses.. that is their "strength", they get to middle of the pack on 1 or 2 bosses as compensation for being bottom 5 useless on everything else.. wow such balance. The excuse of "specs have weaknesses and strengths" is just false when most the top specs are good at everything, and the bottom specs suck at everything and their "strength" reaches middle of the pack on 1 or 2 fights at best...
They moved a couple talents around.......

this is what we get after waiting for months? You ignore EVERY bit of feedback the community gave you. WTF is wrong with this company
11/13/2018 12:23 PMPosted by Prinsoph

this is what we get after waiting for months? You ignore EVERY bit of feedback the community gave you. WTF is wrong with this company

Pretty much my thoughts.
Hope class dev's get fired.
I still think lightning spells castable on moving would be the game changer elemental shaman need.

Hell, Blizzard loves mobile, so why not give some to shaman - do you people not have totems?
Is Synapse Shock going to be replaced? It's both a horribly undertuned and very boring trait.
make lava burst spread flame shock on targets at least
11/13/2018 01:17 PMPosted by Madalot
11/13/2018 12:23 PMPosted by Prinsoph

Pretty much my thoughts.
Hope class dev's get fired.

I don’t want to see anyone get fired... just move them to something they are good at. (CLEARLY not customer service) put them on development of something as heartless and uninspired as their views on class design... like data analysis