Moonkins are a joke?

Druid
Are we just going to be ignored by Blizzard? Because being propped up (barely) by a single azerite trait feels reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally terrible.
chill
I feel like my "Boom-kin" has become a "Dud-kin". Hate having to switch to Tank mode just to survive questing. I don't want to be a tank, I want to stay as a Balanced Druid! Please Blizzard help us out and quit trying to "eradicate" us!
Streaking Stars being so overwhelmingly better than everything every other trait definitely feels terrible.
09/10/2018 07:35 AMPosted by Skyelander
I feel like my "Boom-kin" has become a "Dud-kin". Hate having to switch to Tank mode just to survive questing. I don't want to be a tank, I want to stay as a Balanced Druid! Please Blizzard help us out and quit trying to "eradicate" us!

Your ilvl is holding you back more than balance being bad at questing. Also if you arent already try out resto affinty for balance. I find it makes us tankier than the small dmg reduction that guardian affinty gives.
09/10/2018 08:23 AMPosted by Moosairu
Streaking Stars being so overwhelmingly better than everything every other trait definitely feels terrible.

I agree. Don't like having our damage tied to a 3 min cooldown.

The worst part is, they'll likely nerf Streaking Stars instead of bringing every other trait up to par with it.
Why wouldn’t it be better? It’s like our only st trait besides thunderous blast. Yeah it feels terrible if you don’t have it but it’s not like boomy is unplayable without it.

I raided first week with one SS trait and still kept up with everyone in my group.
09/10/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Cousinjrad

Your ilvl is holding you back more than balance being bad at questing. Also if you arent already try out resto affinty for balance. I find it makes us tankier than the small dmg reduction that guardian affinty gives.

I will definitely give that a try, Cousinjrad. Thanks for the tip :-)
09/10/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Grìz
Why wouldn’t it be better? It’s like our only st trait besides thunderous blast. Yeah it feels terrible if you don’t have it but it’s not like boomy is unplayable without it.

I raided first week with one SS trait and still kept up with everyone in my group.

It's not an issue that it's better, it's the fact that i said "overwhelmingly" better. Other classes don't seem to be nearly as hamstrung to a specific trait as we do, with streaking stars.

It's completely anecdotal, but i also performed fine the first week of raid. At the time i also only had 1 SS trait, and i was never below 4th on DPS for the first 6 bosses. But, i know other Boomkins who do not have any streaking stars pieces and their DPS is significantly impacted. I understand that the trait is meant to improve our single target, i just personally feel like the difference between having the trait and not having the trait is too large. Things just need to be smoothed out.

But in the mean-time, we adapt and do the best we can. I've already banked my 3 High Noon pieces (nerfs) and my 3 PotM pieces (way under-performing). Now i just swap between either my 2 SS pieces (+ something else), or my 3 LS pieces.

Get gear and things change. Shouldn’t post about how bad things are without being even slightly geared up. I’ve been booming it up through leveling and still do dailies as boomkin and have no issues whatsoever. Gearing is stupid easy so focus on that then kill things easily.
How are you guys getting so many azerite pieces with different traits? Or do you count 325 pieces? I’ve gotten countless blues and I’ve held onto the epics I’ve received but at best I have two SS, 2 High noon, and I think 2 but maybe 1 potm. Certainly not 3 of one, let alone all variants. Nor have I ever received a thunderous blast one.

I’d much much much prefer our damage consistent. Relying on a 20-30s window every 3 minutes is garbage. I mean, it’s less impactful in raids. I can’t recall my % in raids but I think it made up 5-10 (I think more like 5-6%) of my damage. In mythic +’s though... it’s an easy 20-25% of my damage on bosses.
I feel you on the Streaking stars thing. Most of our DPS is centered around a 20 sec window. When we are fighting trash mobs and/or bosses when our CD isnt up or falls off we dont benefit at all from our traits. Were basically a traitless class trying to compete with other dps benefiting from their traits when we dont have out CDs. And I'm defiantly not going to pop a 3 min CD to clear trash just to feel somewhat competitive.
Going from no traits to three was a massive boost for my damage. It doesn't feel good being tied to these considering it doesn't even drop in Uldir. We basically play the RNG game of praying for one in a mythic+ chest. I sim slightly higher with 2 SS and 1 Thunderous but it's mostly due to my 3rd SS item being 15 ilvls lower.

I'd like to see SS trait nerfed and our baseline damage buffed considerably to compensate. I also feel like starfall could use some love. We definitely don't feel like the AoE kings of old. I'm okay sitting at the middle of the pack for ST but the requirements to sit there aren't ideal.
09/11/2018 01:34 PMPosted by Çernunnos
How are you guys getting so many azerite pieces with different traits?

I ran a leather stacked group who was good with what they had and had them feed me the pieces that I needed.
09/11/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Cousinjrad
09/11/2018 01:34 PMPosted by Çernunnos
How are you guys getting so many azerite pieces with different traits?

I ran a leather stacked group who was good with what they had and had them feed me the pieces that I needed.

Ahh...alright then. Well unless I run into nice guys, I don’t see that happening haha. Besides, M0’s aren’t super lucrative these days. I may run shrine one last time this week with an all leather. I’ll try it :P
LMFAO, "You just suck, why don't you go an get carried like I did.."

Haha, good answer...
Moonkin is insanely OP in arena, idk about PvP, but moonkin + 2nd hybrid + healer is like unkillable and pretty insane dmg. r1 war was streaming earlier vs ele/moon/resto sham and it was insane
09/10/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Evangeli

The worst part is, they'll likely nerf Streaking Stars instead of bringing every other trait up to par with it.

Actually, I'm ok with this...if they buff our Mastery. That would make our damage more consistent, make us less trait dependent, and increase the value of Mastery (which is our worse trait outside of a PotM setup).

But that would make sense so I know it's not going to happen.
09/10/2018 10:00 AMPosted by Moosairu
It's not an issue that it's better, it's the fact that i said "overwhelmingly" better. Other classes don't seem to be nearly as hamstrung to a specific trait as we do, with streaking stars.
Go look at warcraft logs and tell me other specs aren't hamstrung to a specific trait. People act like this only happening to boomies but theres several other specs that are in the same situation as us.